Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phones?

Cell Phones?

Cell Phones? Is Billy O' nuts? The part time board members have TWO full time secretaries to take their calls, messages, and so on. Most of them only show their faces at town hall on Monday afternoon anyways. He certainly hasn't saved any money, he just finds new ways to spend it. He probably wants the same perks as his buddy, the patronage dept head who racks up $300.00+ per month on his taxpayer subsidized cell. When you work for the town, either full or part time, BE AT YOUR PLACE OF WORK! Then you can receive your calls on the land lines or someone can take a message. I don't have a cell phone, and I damn well resent paying for yours, Billy. Board members have served in the past without them. I can't believe we voted for these people!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I own three companies and have no need for a cell phone. I have phones at my place of work. If you are at your place of work and that's where you are supposed to take calls a cell phone isn't needed. Where would a council person be that there wouldn't be use of a phone. Anything to spend tax payer money.

I'm a little confused in regards to that news blurb. Did Bill O' advise that all town board members should *have* a cell phone to stay in touch for town business, or that board members *get* a cell from the town for town business?

I understand the headline implies the latter, but the content of the article gives very few details. Further, the article states that all the members agreed on the issue. I somehow doubt if it was a taxpayer subsidy that not one of the seven would object to this new perk based on principle, or political calculation.
    It is no less certain than it is important... that the larger the society, provided it lie within a practical sphere, the more duly capable it will be of self-government.
    ~Federalist 51~

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Cells phones for all.

Council member O'Loughlin stated that all Council members should have a cell phone. Supervisor Grelick already has one, paid for by the Town.Ward said he didn't need one because he has his own which he paids his own charges. Mike McGuire said it was a good idea. Jane and Bill were not the meeting .

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH
    ETC you mention that O"loughlin wants a cell phone so he can keep up with his patronage King,by this you mean Council Member Mc Guire and I do believe you hit it on the head.Since Grelick already has a cell phone paid for by the Towm,O'Louglin feels all the Council Member should also have a Town paid for cell phone.Ward said no way and said he has his own and doesn't want a Town purchased Cell Phone.

Ain't it, that's helpful but still doesn't answer my question, and indeed raises new questions. I actually hadn't known the Supervisor had a town cell, but it does make some degree of sense. However, getting back to questions...

O'Loughlin feels all the Council Member should also have a Town paid for cell phone.Ward said no way and said he has his own and doesn't want a Town purchased Cell Phone.

However, in your blurb you wrote,

Council Member O’Loughlin suggested that all Town Board members should have Cell phones. All agreed.

How do you reconcile those two statements? Now did O'Loughlin state verbatim that board members should have a cell phone paid for by the town, or was he recommending that board members should get their own cell? I don't need editorializing or guessing at intentions, just a yes or no. My apologies if I keep hitting on this point but I honestly can't discern it from your posts.
    It is no less certain than it is important... that the larger the society, provided it lie within a practical sphere, the more duly capable it will be of self-government.
    ~Federalist 51~

As usual, Ain't, you twist and spin what you hear, read, assume and wish. I wrote patronage dept head, not board member. With all your expert FOIL requests and ferreting out of information, I just know you have the facts on the Court cell phone charges. Stop trying to rewrite my posts for your own purposes. Though, you did a nice save on Ward, as usual.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So does anyone know what the actual story is? If we have one town board group getting cell phones paid for by the tax payer other town boards might think it's ok to.

Does anyone know the actual facts of what was discussed?

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

It isn't just me who flies under FOIL to get information our Supervisor doesn't want

Update--- There was no resolution to get cell phones for the Town Broad. It was a discussion started by Mr. O'Loughlin. There was no vote taken. Darlene Carroll said she would check into the cost for cell phones for the Board.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

yOUR QUESTION IS LOST IN WONDERLAND

ETC,I have no idea what you are talking about concerning the cell phone cost for the Court. We weren't discussing this all. Then you say that I F.O.I.L.all the time. Will you tell me how I'm going to get information from Town?
    If you were at that afternoon meeting, Monday,the 24 th of May,you would have HEARD Dan Ward say he had his own cell and didn't want a Town Paid Cell phone. You can hear this on the tape of that meeting. So,I didn't save Dan but your dislike of Dan Ward is that of a enemy with a intense dislike of his integrity as a Counicaman.
    Your statement that I spin things, etc. I thought you were talking about yourself

(This message is also on a new thread.This was DONE by accident.)

Re: It isn't just me who flies under FOIL to get information our Supervisor doesn't want

Originally posted by AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH
    Update--- There was no resolution to get cell phones for the Town Broad. It was a discussion started by Mr. O'Loughlin. There was no vote taken. Darlene Carroll said she would check into the cost for cell phones for the Board.
    I'd like to hear more of the details of the "discussion". Upon what did Bill base his comments? Is it his belief that the public should have the cell phone numbers... or are these going to be secret? What is the point and purpose (according to O'Loughlin) of Town Board members having these phones?

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Because who we our

No,he didn't believe the public should have these numbers. He felt if regular workers had cell phones, the Town Board should have them because most of the business of the Board is done on the cell phone. He stated if department heads can have phone, as a sign of importance the Town Board should have cell phones.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think we take all cell phones away from all elected officials except for those that truely need them. They can use the land based lines in their office. Since the cell phone became popular do we see politicians getting any more work done since they have them? I know there are some that totally need them seeing they are traveling but town council people?

Or is it just a status symbol at our expense?

No,he didn't believe the public should have these numbers.

Their numbers should be made public If taxpayer money is being used to pay for them. If the phones are to keep them in contact with each other, then they should be good enough to keep them in contact with the residents as well.

Angry

nuts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information