Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Alan Bedenko the real deal?

Is Alan Bedenko the real deal?

I live up in the Maryvale area in north Cheektowaga and I see that Alan Bedenko is running for County Legislator in District 4. The long time incumbent here is Mike Ranzenhofer and he doesnt even know Cheektowaga exists.

Does Bedenko have a shot? I know much of his district is Republican. I don't know much about him, except he is the guy who writes the Buffalo Pundot blog and is very outspoken on Democratic issues.

Thumbs up Whoopie, he's running!

he's as real as they get! Vote for Alan!

Alex Maryvale,

How much of Cheektowaga does Mr. Ranzenhofer represent? A miniscule portion. I have seen Ranzenhofer in Cheektowaga more often than my legislator Tom Mazur, who represents a far greater portion of Cheektowaga.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Alex Maryvale,

How much of Cheektowaga does Mr. Ranzenhofer represent? A miniscule portion. I have seen Ranzenhofer in Cheektowaga more often than my legislator Tom Mazur, who represents a far greater portion of Cheektowaga.

That's cause Tom is too busy ducking ECC students who will be picketing on his lawn soon!

What exactly does Alan Bedenko have to do with Tom Mazur? have the two even met? Doubt it.

Crabapples... the 4th district stretches into a dozen or so election districts in the northeast corner of Cheektowaga including the airport, Sky harbor and the neighborhood around Maryvale HS. Please cite examples of Ranzenhofer's attention to these areas, county support, etc. I am all ears...

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone

But I am running, and I'll be announcing officially next Monday at 6:45 pm in front of Clarence Town Hall.

Change, innovation, dialogue, and rising beyond petty bickering to really do the people's business and spend the people's money in the most efficient, fair way. I don't like the idea that the county didn't start really looking into deep change until after a crisis had hit. We need to be more forward-thinking and proactive to not only grow the region, but prevent future crises.

After all, if Erie County keeps on being a basket case, who's going to move here? What business is going to want to come here? Stay here?

In any event, a few faces from speakupwny at the announce wouldn't be at all a bad thing. ;-)
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We need to be more forward-thinking and proactive to not only grow the region, but prevent future crises.
    Sums it up.

Thumbs up

so that would be Monday the 23rd

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Good luck to you, Pundit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    so that would be Monday the 23rd
    PM me if you wanna meet up there.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit
    But I am running, and I'll be announcing officially next Monday at 6:45 pm in front of Clarence Town Hall.

Change, innovation, dialogue, and rising beyond petty bickering to really do the people's business and spend the people's money in the most efficient, fair way. I don't like the idea that the county didn't start really looking into deep change until after a crisis had hit. We need to be more forward-thinking and proactive to not only grow the region, but prevent future crises.

After all, if Erie County keeps on being a basket case, who's going to move here? What business is going to want to come here? Stay here?

In any event, a few faces from speakupwny at the announce wouldn't be at all a bad thing. ;-)
    Hopefully you can do better than the last crop of fresh-faced, change-orientated Democrats that Lenihan thru in office; only to see them drag their feet and follow the party bible.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaryvale
    What exactly does Alan Bedenko have to do with Tom Mazur? have the two even met? Doubt it.

Crabapples... the 4th district stretches into a dozen or so election districts in the northeast corner of Cheektowaga including the airport, Sky harbor and the neighborhood around Maryvale HS. Please cite examples of Ranzenhofer's attention to these areas, county support, etc. I am all ears...
    Alan Bedenko covers local media and politicians. I would imagine the man has met him at some point in their lives. They are also Democrats and such they run in the same circles. Finally, my point about Mazur was that he represents about 90 of the 111 election districts in Cheektowaga and no one ever sees him. Ranzenhofer covers 11 or so and you see him as much as you do Mazur. That's where the two are connected.

Do you want Ranzenhofer to do door to door on the tarmac at the airport? I know people in Cheektowaga who live in his district. When they have a problem, they call him and the issue is generally taken care of. I live, as well as about 85% of Cheektowagans, in Mazur's district and he does a very poor job representing us.

If Alan is promising to be a proactive Democrat I simply cannot trust his word. Look at what the Democrats promised in 2005. They get their 12 - 3 majority and nothing gets done. They continue their patronage and under the table stuff. The only Dems who actually backed up their promises were Locklear and Konst. And look at what they received in return. Konst is getting no support from the Democrats and Locklear didnt get the endorsement. If Bedenko gets in, it will be for one term and then Lenihan and his crooks will primary him.

At least Ranzenhofer votes against some of the bone-headed ideas of the County Democrats. Need I bring up the apprenticeship program?

At least Ranzenhofer votes against some of the bone-headed ideas of the County Democrats. Need I bring up the apprenticeship program?
    I like Ranzenhofer, i wish Alan lived in a different district.

If Bedenko gets in, it will be for one term and then Lenihan and his crooks will primary him.
    If that's the case, so be it.

I'm not doing this to be part of a machine or to get my friends jobs or anything else like that. I'm doing this because I don't, frankly, think that Ranzenhofer is doing the best job possible.

As an example, I've been against electoral fusion from the get-go. People had suggested to me that I try for a minor party line or set up my own minor party so that people who won't vote Dem have a different lever to pull. I refused on principle. I'm a Democrat, and I'm running as a Democrat. If I wanted to run on WFP or IP, I would have joined them.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit
    I'm not doing this to be part of a machine or to get my friends jobs or anything else like that. I'm doing this because I don't, frankly, think that Ranzenhofer is doing the best job possible.
    Why? What could he have done better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information