code enforcement officer John
    Gullo.

"After we sent the letter out, if they
    still haven't done it -- taken care
    of the problem -- we give them a f
    ew days to do that -- then we'll
    issue a court appearance ticket," he
    said.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    It's been a crazy winter already (especially considering it's fall still!), but there was so much snow, the high loaders put snow from the curbs, across the sidewalks & unto the front grassy areas if homeowners, many mounds exceding 6-8 foot high! How are senior citizens supposed to clear this from the sidewalks? Now we're going to get hit again? They can take their tickets/summons & shove it!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    It's been a crazy winter already (especially considering it's fall still!), but there was so much snow, the high loaders put snow from the curbs, across the sidewalks & unto the front grassy areas if homeowners, many mounds exceding 6-8 foot high! How are senior citizens supposed to clear this from the sidewalks? Now we're going to get hit again? They can take their tickets/summons & shove it!
    If I could prove that the snow was deposited by the town or county plows in a particular location, I think I could defend a homeowner or business owner against a citation on the theory that the snow removal ordinance could not have been intended to apply to snow deposited by the town or county.

It would be the equivalent of the town putting an unregistered car on a person's property and then giving that person a ticket for having an unregistered car on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    If I could prove that the snow was deposited by the town or county plows in a particular location, I think I could defend a homeowner or business owner against a citation on the theory that the snow removal ordinance could not have been intended to apply to snow deposited by the town or county.

It would be the equivalent of the town putting an unregistered car on a person's property and then giving that person a ticket for having an unregistered car on their property.
    Most of the people can prove it, wait until the summons start coming, whole blocks will flood the town hall.....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

I thought Mr. Gullo's position with the town was as the Town Fire Inspector, is Code Enforcement Officer another title or out of title position in town.

Thread Information