Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Employers feel heat on immigration.....

Employers feel heat on immigration.....

Employers feel heat on immigration By Faye Bowers, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
    Thu Jul 5, 4:00 AM ET

Phoenix - Arizona leads the nation in population growth. More illegal immigrants cross its border than any other in the United States. Now, in an apparent backlash to those trends, the state is leading the charge to halt illegal immigration by cracking down on employers.

Its new law effectively sets up a two-strikes penalty. A business employing an illegal immigrant would have its business license suspended temporarily. A second offense would mean a permanent revocation of that license.

The new law "takes the most aggressive action in the country against employers who knowingly or intentionally hire undocumented workers," says Gov. Janet Napolitano (D), who signed the measure into law late Monday. She said she decided to sign the bill because "Congress has failed miserably."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070705/ts_csm/asanction

I predict this law will be quickly gutted, if not completely reversed. Employers, particularly in places like Arizona, can't stay open without illegal aliens. It's just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Employers feel heat on immigration By Faye Bowers, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
    Thu Jul 5, 4:00 AM ET

Phoenix - Arizona leads the nation in population growth. More illegal immigrants cross its border than any other in the United States. Now, in an apparent backlash to those trends, the state is leading the charge to halt illegal immigration by cracking down on employers.

Its new law effectively sets up a two-strikes penalty. A business employing an illegal immigrant would have its business license suspended temporarily. A second offense would mean a permanent revocation of that license.

The new law "takes the most aggressive action in the country against employers who knowingly or intentionally hire undocumented workers," says Gov. Janet Napolitano (D), who signed the measure into law late Monday. She said she decided to sign the bill because "Congress has failed miserably."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070705/ts_csm/asanction

I predict this law will be quickly gutted, if not completely reversed. Employers, particularly in places like Arizona, can't stay open without illegal aliens. It's just that simple.
    Taco benders Wet backs bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Taco benders Wet backs bite me.
    You're blaming the wrong guys. You want to stop illegal immigration, making employers stop hiring them. It will never happen. They make the economy go round............

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    You're blaming the wrong guys. You want to stop illegal immigration, making employers stop hiring them. It will never happen. They make the economy go round............
    We could stop illegal imagration in 24 hours.Its called M24 justice.

We could stop illegal imagration in 24 hours.Its called M24 justice.
    Great, then stop talking about it and go actually do it.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideJohn
    Great, then stop talking about it and go actually do it.

I can only dream Johnny boy.But hey some dreams do come true. Wolverines

I can only dream Johnny boy.But hey some dreams do come true. Wolverines
    Figures. All talk, no action.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideJohn
    Figures. All talk, no action.
    "The time for war has not yet come,but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

"The time for war has not yet come,but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
    So Cg, you're now backing away from the idea we need to make changes now? You're saying now we need patience and moderation, until a later time. It sounds like you're having problems getting your, um.....sword drawn.....when it comes time to put up or shut up.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    So Cg, you're now backing away from the idea we need to make changes now? You're saying now we need patience and moderation, until a later time. It sounds like you're having problems getting your, um.....sword drawn.....when it comes time to put up or shut up.
    Goodie is a troll ... which is why I no longer respond to him. He writes anything outrageous simply to get a rise out of other posters. I'd suggest you put him on ignore ... or simply not respond to the cretin.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Goodie is a troll ... which is why I no longer respond to him. He writes anything outrageous simply to get a rise out of other posters. I'd suggest you put him on ignore ... or simply not respond to the cretin.
    No, I think it's about time someone really challenge him. He spouts off about how he wants to shoot wetbacks, let politicians burn, join the Browns in their anti-tax compound, etc. It's about time he shows a little bit of the courage of his convictions. I have an idea that, like most of his ilk, he's not got the "sword," if you will.

I'll tell you what. If Cgood actually puts up for any of these 'dreams' he has, I'll go ahead and buy him a case of Boddingtons. Maybe he can trade them in prison for not being someone's bitch....at least for a week or two.
    Last edited by run4it; July 7th, 2007 at 08:30 AM.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

When the crap hits the fan. I will be there the question is will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Linda You know you want to spend your life with me on a beach in Paraguay with me

No, I think it's about time someone really challenge him. He spouts off about how he wants to shoot wetbacks, let politicians burn, join the Browns in their anti-tax compound, etc. It's about time he shows a little bit of the courage of his convictions. I have an idea that, like most of his ilk, he's not got the "sword," if you will.

I'll tell you what. If Cgood actually puts up for any of these 'dreams' he has, I'll go ahead and buy him a case of Boddingtons. Maybe he can trade them in prison for not being someone's bitch....at least for a week or two.
    I am impressed with your Zeal. You just got to love a man with Zeal.

When the crap hits the fan. I will be there the question is will you?
    Anyway....my point was that this country will never stem the tide of illegal immigration unless it accepts that will have to start paying more for the products and services that involve illegal aliens -- which is just about everything, from the clothing we buy, to the food we eat.

Illegal immigrants are a vital component of our economy. People may hate having to pay taxes to educate their children and provide health care, but until you can convince employers not to hire them, they'll be here -- no matter how high the walls are that you build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information