Thread: Buffalo Sabres fans are gullible!

Buffalo Sabres fans are gullible!

I have been following the NHL for the past 30 years and there is one think I know for sure, Buffalo Sabres fans are gullible. Each owner sold Sabres fans a bill of goods regarding the club not making money. Knox, Rigas or Golisano all speak the same language--the bottom line. I know the Sabres went to the conference championship so they definitely made money this year. Why is it that the New York Rangers can sign two quality centers and the Buffalo Sabres can lose two quality centers? Each team has the same salary cap so what's the excuse? Come out to San Jose and see a future Stanley Cup winner. They have something called a superstar center in Joe Thornton. Maybe Buffalo can talk Derek Plante out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Habermill
    I have been following the NHL for the past 30 years and there is one think I know for sure, Buffalo Sabres fans are gullible. Each owner sold Sabres fans a bill of goods regarding the club not making money. Knox, Rigas or Golisano all speak the same language--the bottom line. I know the Sabres went to the conference championship so they definitely made money this year. Why is it that the New York Rangers can sign two quality centers and the Buffalo Sabres can lose two quality centers? Each team has the same salary cap so what's the excuse? Come out to San Jose and see a future Stanley Cup winner. They have something called a superstar center in Joe Thornton. Maybe Buffalo can talk Derek Plante out of retirement?
    Every year all the teams talk about what a great team they have. You gotta watch WHAT THEY DO, not listen to what they tell you.
    The Sabres really showed us a few things this week!

Oh yeah, Dereke Plante is still playing! He's one of the leaders in the "Asia League" playing for the Nippon Paper Cranes!
    www.alhockey.com/profile/cranes/index.html

Thread Information