Thread: Cheektowaga Plowing

Cheektowaga Plowing

What going on with the plowing in South Cheektowaga? Streets are still not plowed in the Barbados Dr. area? Friday Holtz was inspecting streets in Cheektowaga but gave no news release on them. News 4 reportd last night many streets have not been plowed.

The streets in North Cheektowaga are all dry pavement.

Once again in this forum the people of this website go ballistic. 36 inches of snow fell in the southern third of cheektowaga. all the trucks were out in full force.Mark Wegner was on top of the situation yes there were trouble spots.People in this forum demand that they deserve service no matter the situation. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, you know who you are.Taxes are paid by everybody including people that work. One snowplow driver needed Police protection because he was doing his job, do you want the street plowed or not because you have to shovel after the aftermath.It will be interesting from the response to this. Dont go on line because of the nonsense displayed on the site oh well too bad peace out

The amount of snow that fell, in the length of time, taking into consideration the blocked main roads, traffic problems from abandoned cars and trucks, etc...

I have no problem with the job done by the highway dept., a short inconvenience, good job guys...
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    The amount of snow that fell, in the length of time, taking into consideration the blocked main roads, traffic problems from abandoned cars and trucks, etc...

I have no problem with the job done by the highway dept., a short inconvenience, good job guys...
    jr not so many happy people in south cheek.

"Last week’s snow-choking storm that paralyzed traffic on the Thruway, the main streets of Cheektowaga and its plow trucks provoked phone ringing at the town Highway Department, with one resident after another swearing and complaining.

Residents called about snow-choked side streets, plowed snow that was piled at the ends of shoveled driveways, abandoned cars being towed and sidewalks left unshoveled.
    On Basswood Drive, he said, about 20 neighbors surrounded a truck to complain about the snow plowed into formerly clear driveways, and police were called to intervene."

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle276712.ece

Could you imagine if the whole town had a snow fall say 24" at one time not just South Cheektowaga. It would be in rough shape considering a small part of Cheektowaga was a mess and it took them three days to take care of that problem! Does the town and highway have a EMERGENCY PLAN for a snowfall like this? The town has a Emergency Coordinator what was this person doing?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Don't you guys realize how much work goes into plowing a city/town? Specially when you have people who park cars in the street before the snow hits?

I know I couldn't complain about Rowley being plowed. Who ever was driving that route did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    Could you imagine if the whole town had a snow fall say 24" at one time not just South Cheektowaga. It would be in rough shape considering a small part of Cheektowaga was a mess and it took them three days to take care of that problem! Does the town and highway have a EMERGENCY PLAN for a snowfall like this? The town has a Emergency Coordinator what was this person doing?
    Probably looking online for the "New York state emergency snow storm coordinator" so he or she could call that person and ask if the had the phone number for the federal emergency snow storm coordinator."

Several years ago I learned that Erie county had an emergency evacuation plan. I called the Emergency Services Department, Civil Defense/Disaster Preparedness Division, and asked for a copy of the emergency evacuation plan.

I was told that it was "secret" and not available to the publiv.

I asked "then how will the public know when or how to evacuate in case of an emergency?"

I was told "we'll let you know through radio and tv news."

And how will that work if electrical power lines are down? If radio and tv can't broadcast? If masses of people are all wildly driving in a rush to evacuate?

The response was "don't worry, we'll get the information to you somehow in case of an emergency."

That entire department could be done away with and we wouldn't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Don't you guys realize how much work goes into plowing a city/town? Specially when you have people who park cars in the street before the snow hits?

I know I couldn't complain about Rowley being plowed. Who ever was driving that route did fine.
    I can see the city more so than the town because of the parking ban in the town. Now the town has hired private contractors with payloaders to haul the snow away. It sounds like the Mr. Wegner and the town were not prepared for the first snow of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Probably looking online for the "New York state emergency snow storm coordinator" so he or she could call that person and ask if the had the phone number for the federal emergency snow storm coordinator."

Several years ago I learned that Erie county had an emergency evacuation plan. I called the Emergency Services Department, Civil Defense/Disaster Preparedness Division, and asked for a copy of the emergency evacuation plan.

I was told that it was "secret" and not available to the publiv.

I asked "then how will the public know when or how to evacuate in case of an emergency?"

I was told "we'll let you know through radio and tv news."

And how will that work if electrical power lines are down? If radio and tv can't broadcast? If masses of people are all wildly driving in a rush to evacuate?

The response was "don't worry, we'll get the information to you somehow in case of an emergency."

That entire department could be done away with and we wouldn't miss it.

ng the town has a EC but he needs to retire he is (god he's got to be close to 80) give up the free truck and move on. the town needs someone much younger that can put a plan together not worry about it once it happens.

like the EC from depew mr.moskel had no clue what to due with the snow... no plan.

nys thruway still no plan (donna lue :confused) now after two years the thruway will close ramps in snowstorms.

Thread Information