Thread: School budget and election results

School budget and election results

Lancaster Central School District 2023-2024 Budget Vote and Election Results:

Proposition 1: 2023-2024 Budget
    Yes: 2709
    No: 1568

Proposition 2: Replacement Buses
    Yes: 3281
    No: 991

Board of Education Candidates
    1-A: Michael Sage - 2392
    1-B: Tara Romig - 1913
    1-C: Glenn Jackson - 2330
    1-D: Timothy Talbot - 2260
    1-E: Laura Sproull -1984
    1-F: Dan Romig - 1921

Republican and Democrat reactions to vote results-

The Republicans -

The Democrats -

I have to add between working and jury duty, I finally had a day to get things done outside and totally forgot about the vote.
    I didn't vote. Shame on me

Georgia L Schlager

Hey Gorga:

I did not initially respond to your post because the tribe had spoken, and it was time to move on. Today’s Buffalo News reports gives me reason to. Your posting Democrat and Republican Party Facebook comments on the election outcome held no importance to me. The focus for me was about the presence of obscene reading materials in our school libraries and whether they were appropriate. The district and/or winning candidates never denied their presence or questioned they’re appropriateness.

The Buffalo News reports today that elections showed that voters don’t want politics in the classroom. I totally agree with that and have been posting as much. The Lancaster Democratic Party Committee made it much more than obscene materials: This school board victory by Mike Sage, Glenn Jackson, and Tim Talbot is a win for all students. It is a victory for transgender students. It is a victory for science. It is a victory for teachers and librarians. It is a victory for diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is a victory for accepting and loving all students as if they were our own children, because they are our own children.

The Democratic Party endorsed (which in my mind is illegal and/or unethical) and championed Sage’s, Jackson’s, and Talbot’s as if they were the advocates of diversity, equity, and inclusion – unlike Sproull and the Romigs. The latter were mischaracterized and marginalized.

The News also reports that the NYSTU president declares that ‘politics has no place in education’, but finds it is acceptable for candidates to accept Teacher Union endorsements. Disagree; those endorsements are froth with quid pro quo concerns when union contract negotiations take place.

Still unanswered: How much money is in the fund balance and why more was not used to lower the tax levy.

Actually these three are lock step with the superintendent. They're certainly not pro teacher...

I do hope with the election over that the board will now with the material having been put out their for them
    to see will take a look at removing some of these books from the school library system.
    Do they, the board, really want their young children reading that material?

Georgia L Schlager

considering how the board members wouldn't answer certain questions, I don't believe that they care.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I do hope with the election over that the board will now with the material having been put out their for them
    to see will take a look at removing some of these books from the school library system.
    Do they, the board, really want their young children reading that material?
    Ya think?

"Teachers know what’s best for children," claims Education Secretary Miguel Cardona. The Lancaster Teacher’s Union endorsed winning school board candidates Sage, Jackson, and Talbot who appeared to defend the reading materials in school libraries.

You get what you vote for. Well, not always!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...t-is-best-kids

When the say LCTA union endorsed, it's really the union executive board endorsed. Not really the thousand teachers. It's a giant misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    When the say LCTA union endorsed, it's really the union executive board endorsed. Not really the thousand teachers. It's a giant misnomer.
    Yes, I undersand. And I was told the vote was 13-8. Not surprising as the president of the LCSD Teachers Union is a staunch Democrat and former town board councilmember, and considering the Lancaster Democratic Party Committee endorsed Sage, Jackson, and Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Yes, I undersand. And I was told the vote was 13-8. Not surprising as the president of the LCSD Teachers Union is a staunch Democrat and former town board councilmember, and considering the Lancaster Democratic Party Committee endorsed Sage, Jackson, and Talbot.
    Apparently, they have the lefty liberal teachers on the library book selection committee

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information