Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Roads during storm

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Both Villages dropped the ball.
    I drove Lake Avenue this morning from Broadway to William. The portion that's in the Village was horrible. As soon as you got to the Town border, (just n/o the bend), it was down to pavement.
    I just attempted to drive onto Central Avenue and turned around. They had high lifts and closed Central between Pleasant & Broadway. Roads are horrible in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I just attempted to drive onto Central Avenue and turned around. They had high lifts and closed Central between Pleasant & Broadway. Roads are horrible in that area.
    Drove to the bank today....roads in both Villages sucked. Town, State, and County roads were in good shape. On that note.....I thought Villages always provided better service? NOT. To all you lets save the Villages people you should consider this, apparently they proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Both Villages dropped the ball.
    I drove Lake Avenue this morning from Broadway to William. The portion that's in the Village was horrible. As soon as you got to the Town border, (just n/o the bend), it was down to pavement.
    It is the village(s) streets that look bad. Lancaster roads in the south part of town look great.

Went through Cheektowaga today and found some of their streets in bad shape as well.

Yaksplat, good to hear you cleared your cul-de-sac and that someone gives a rat's ass. However, I have been hearing (at Town Board hearings and otherwise) for years about the difficulty in clearing out cul-de-sacs. From what I hear at the meetings there is but little area to collect the snow and when plows do go through the plow drivers are called some pretty naty nasty names for dumping snow in the driveways.

Residents in cul-de-sacs have asked to have the plow blades reversed when they plow their area and from what I hear at the meetings, that is not possible.

Town officials and the highway department get nasty calls as well.

Just passing on some information. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    It is the village(s) streets that look bad. Lancaster roads in the south part of town look great.
    Yes, I know --- that's what I was saying. The Village part of Lake was in horrible condition; the Town part was great.

Question Who is

Who is BTS-Trucking?

There was two Town trucks w/plows sitting next to the running track a LHS. When I went to Topps - did some shopping, fueled up my car and when I went back home the Town Trucks were still parked back on the dirt road!!!!!!!

Where the LHS bus mechanics work, there was two big high lifts and some BTS trucks. The high lift was piling some snow while the other lift was filling the BTS dump.

Is this some of the contracting your mentioning - why are we doing that while our parks and some highway trucks sit idle?

OH! I forgot - this is Lancaster and Town Hall must pa$$ a bit back to supporter$ here and there!!!!!!!!!!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by ichingtheory:
    I went to do a Tops run around 2:00 yesterday and wanted to avoid side streets. I was planning on going straight Central to Broadway but had to go down Pleasant to Aurora due to the block off. Pleasant was like a washboard. The little street next to Tops (Brunswick???) was clean down to the pavement.

Georgia L Schlager

Exclamation Stay off the roads

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Who is BTS-Trucking?

There was two Town trucks w/plows sitting next to the running track a LHS. When I went to Topps - did some shopping, fueled up my car and when I went back home the Town Trucks were still parked back on the dirt road!!!!!!!

Where the LHS bus mechanics work, there was two big high lifts and some BTS trucks. The high lift was piling some snow while the other lift was filling the BTS dump.

Is this some of the contracting your mentioning - why are we doing that while our parks and some highway trucks sit idle?

OH! I forgot - this is Lancaster and Town Hall must pa$$ a bit back to supporter$ here and there!!!!!!!!!!
    What is your point?

There were plow trucks in two different locations and others were clearing snow? I believe thats what we would want..

Why were you out driving during a storm? I believe you were just looking for something to complain about. This is the problem with this town, old people out on the road during a storm. I pushed two of you out. If you are that bored Walmart needs greeters..... STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!!

Originally posted by stir the pot:
    What is your point?

There were plow trucks in two different locations and others were clearing snow? I believe thats what we would want..

I believe 4248 stated that the plow trucks were just SITTING on the dirt road leading to the track NOT clearing snow.

Why were you out driving during a storm?

There was NO STORM on Friday.

I believe you were just looking for something to complain about. This is the problem with this town, old people out on the road during a storm. I pushed two of you out. If you are that bored Walmart needs greeters..... STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!!
    Again, there was NO STORM on Friday.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Again, there was NO STORM on Friday.
    I must be confused, there is a dirt road next to the LHS track? The road I think you and your friend are referring to is paved, and leads to the field house. The only STONE road im aware of is more than 1000 ft off the road to the field house, and unless im wrong they were piling snow back there. IF YOU AND YOUR FRIEND ARE TRAVELING 35 MPH, HOW CAN YOU TELL IF THE VEHICLES ARE SITTING? I truly believe all you people want to do is complain about anything! Please find something credable to complain about!

Lightbulb Sounds personal - Stir!

First off - I wasn't just driving around looking for things to complain about - I happen to be a Fireman. I guess instead of helping a few seniors clear their driveways and get some milk - maybe I should have stayed home.

The access road off Pleasantview - east of the running track is only partial paved - yes maybe 100 to 600 ft. - but it extends back about 1000 ft or more(probably allot more) and the Town trucks that were just hanging around were past the running track.

They weren't transporting snow - the BTS Trucks were.

First off we have a Parks/Rec Department that has 4 wheel and two wheel drive trucks and plows - where were they? We have a Highway Department with trucks, plows and high lifts - why are we using contractors even before our guys are out working - ????????

When given the task - Town Employees have usually risen to the occasion - but Pouting Politicians are now controlling every Town Department.

Stir you didn't see them - so how can you comment? I posed some questions - you started insulting and became defensive - I wounder why ?

We pay large and ever increasing property tax bills - each time the Supervisor and Town Board blames it on the cost of services - that cost includes equipment, maintenance, fuel, manpower, pensions, benefits and of course pensions - what do we the taxpayers get?

My road is plowed by the County - maintained by the County - I pay a garbage fee - I pay for my water, sewer,electric and gas - what does the Town do for all of us who don't get any services from them ?

First off - I wasn't just driving around looking for things to complain about - I happen to be a Fireman. I guess instead of helping a few seniors clear their driveways and get some milk - maybe I should have stayed home.

The access road off Pleasantview - east of the running track is only partial paved - yes maybe 100 to 600 ft. - but it extends back about 1000 ft or more(probably allot more) and the Town trucks that were just hanging around were past the running track.

They weren't transporting snow - the BTS Trucks were.

First off we have a Parks/Rec Department that has 4 wheel and two wheel drive trucks and plows - where were they? We have a Highway Department with trucks, plows and high lifts - why are we using contractors even before our guys are out working - ????????

When given the task - Town Employees have usually risen to the occasion - but Pouting Politicians are now controlling every Town Department.

Stir you didn't see them - so how can you comment? I posed some questions - you started insulting and became defensive - I wounder why ?

We pay large and ever increasing property tax bills - each time the Supervisor and Town Board blames it on the cost of services - that cost includes equipment, maintenance, fuel, manpower, pensions, benefits and of course pensions - what do we the taxpayers get?

My road is plowed by the County - maintained by the County - I pay a garbage fee - I pay for my water, sewer,electric and gas - what does the Town do for all of us who don't get any services from them ?

STILL CONFUSED. The schools and Town are completly seperate so what is your point. Why would the Town work there? If your a firemen in this area then you are one of the tax problems... 1.45 million dollar aerial...... Im sure you dont have a problem with that, or your penion. But nevertheless, I do agree with you on using our Town/School Services first. We should always keep things in house, if this is your point then i guess we agree! Imagine that.... As far as personnel, no dont care either way what happens in this Town, Village ETC., just hate people that drink from the troff then complain!
    Last edited by stir the pot; December 5th, 2010 at 12:10 AM.

Nice try - OK I guess !

Yes, I have a great job - I am a Buffalo Fireman - I work in supply and equipment repair at present. I hope that doesn't offend you !

I worked UAW 13 years - Ive owned five houses - pay taxes on them all and served in the US ARMY - Volunteered.

Please try to leave out the offensive, uninformed comments - yet I guess given your name, its the vary purpose of your posting here.

I do agree with much of what you present - I guess youth has a way of creating an edge on some of us - while age tends to remove some of the need for it.

Good Night and I look forward to your future opinions and corrective solutions.

Yes, I have a great job - I am a Buffalo Fireman - I work in supply and equipment repair at present. I hope that doesn't offend you !

I worked UAW 13 years - Ive owned five houses - pay taxes on them all and served in the US ARMY - Volunteered.

Please try to leave out the offensive, uninformed comments - yet I guess given your name, its the vary purpose of your posting here.

I do agree with much of what you present - I guess youth has a way of creating an edge on some of us - while age tends to remove some of the need for it.

Good Night and I look forward to your future opinions and corrective solutions.

Thanks 4248 for putting a "lid" on the "pot."

Originally posted by 4248:
    Cant wait to hear how helpful and necessary the Disaster people were/are.
    According to this article, they were asked to assist the NYS Thruway authority along with Cheektowaga's and West Seneca's Emergenct mgmt services.

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201...snowstorm.html

Georgia L Schlager

Yesterday

I work up in the north towns. Yesterday morning (12/14) the cleanest roads were in Lancaster. Coming home in the afternoon the best roads were in Lancaster. Maple Road in Amherst was a mess. This isn't just something new this year; I have noticed it for a few years now. Kudos to the highway crew!

On the downside I've noticed more people than in the past directing their snow into the street. I also don't appreciate it when I go through the effort everyday to keep my sidewalks clear (especially for the little kids in the morning) and others around me neglect theirs. Sometimes for days. But, that won't stop me. I know its my duty. But it is aggravating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information