Thread: Pot Shops on the way to WNY

Pot Shops on the way to WNY

well, the cops will be busy with all the potheads around on the streets and driving while high.

About time they moved on this, I just went out and bought myself a new Bills bong I'll light it up every time they lose

Western New York is going to get 22 of those licenses.

Crafted pot shop I like to see one open next to the key bank center like the Labatt's house your choice of beer or pot.

'It's a great start: Federal ruling gives green light to cannabis dispensaries

And of course, someone will have the first minority shop. We have to have that and also a craft brew pot shop.

Cannabis stores now have the green light to operate in most parts of New York State. The Second Circuit Court decided Tuesday that social equity entrepreneurs are now allowed to open safe, regulated cannabis dispensaries in Western New York.

The decision also applies to other regions across the state, including Central New York, the mid-Hudson region, and Brooklyn.

Previously, these areas were barred from receiving any cannabis licenses.

Armond June is co-founder and CEO of Revival: Pharm. Lab. Market. in Buffalo

"I think it's great news for the industry," June said.

He said he is hoping to soon open the first minority and physician-
    "You can really compare our model to a craft brewery. At our microbusiness, we will be cultivating, manufacturing and selling our own cannabis product," June said.

The lawsuit, which the federal court ruled against, had put licenses to sell marijuana on hold in regions across the state, including Western New York. Now the state can start issuing licenses as of Monday,
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I hope they license one close to Gov. Jochuls residence..in Hamburg she should enjoy the fruits of her liberal ways

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    I hope they license one close to Gov. Jochuls residence..in Hamburg she should enjoy the fruits of her liberal ways

Never thought of this was out last night with the packers, Not only will the drunks be out at the bills games now the potheads will be stoned for games bringing more problems for the normal people that want to stand and watch the games.

Why is it if you are caught with an open container of alcohol in your vehicle...you can be ticketed...but if your driving along smoking your ungodly smelling...under the influence blunt...nothing is said. I drive along the street ..all over...and I can smell the car that just passed me ..or the car in front..even 2 or 3 vehicles ahead...like its rught next to me...but they are not cited. How can Police control drivers under the influence?? I am sometimes in a store and someone walks by me...reeks of marijuana...dead give away of a pothead!!
    What is next for the state to allow so they may tax it?

Cops will have no control of people smoking in the car for passengers but no open beer can for passengers. Was at the sabers game the other night you could smell that crap in the hallways.
    you watch money bags will have a pot shop in the taxpayer arena. right next to all the sheriffs sucking up the OT drinking coffee and standing around.

Looks like the first pot shop will be going to amherst. Right across from the Blvd mall in the plaza. I thought for sure it would be the city.

Ten new pot licenses were issued for this area last week bringing the total now to 12. No shops have opened as of yet. It will be interesting where they will open.

A good location would be near the key bank center and the harbor before the Indians get theirs open a few blocks away. that one is going to be a money-maker.

Near the new taxpayer stadium in OP area would be a great location. downtown buffalo near city hall is a possibility UB campuses great area so many great spots to open pot shops in the city and surrounding towns.

The pot shop business has slowed down according to NYS. To pick up the pace up to fifty new licenses will be issued. Also your going to see the pot shops at fea markets etc. The state is looking at mobe these shops to open air places. Pot, pot every where pot heads are going to love this if this happens. Go to the flea market get some sports cards and pick up a joint only in NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    The pot shop business has slowed down according to NYS. To pick up the pace up to fifty new licenses will be issued. Also your going to see the pot shops at fea markets etc. The state is looking at mobe these shops to open air places. Pot, pot every where pot heads are going to love this if this happens. Go to the flea market get some sports cards and pick up a joint only in NYS.
    If it can be TAXED..NYS will soon allow it...Brothels next!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    If it can be TAXED..NYS will soon allow it...Brothels next!
    A lot of truth in your comment.

It's here the first legal pot shop is coming to Depew.

But, that will soon change. Herbal IQ, located on Transit Road in Depew plans to open Friday, July 21. Pool hall to pot shop.
    Lets see where the rest of the shops pop up in the area. Like I said right near key bank center the Indians will have that covered.

You’ll be able to roll down Mary Jane Lane at Herbal IQ, which is mostly empty now, but we found some setting up being done Friday. Herbal IQ renovated a former pool hall on Transit Road and will sell New York State-approved marijuana products.

A couple of months ago, the operators of the business were granted a conditional adult-use marijuana retail dispensary license by the state. The chief operations officer says Mike Ortiz has been working hard for the past year for this moment.

“Huge, obviously yes, but we have to maintain our composure we have to stay laser-focused and we have to focus on the task at hand to hit the goal right? That’s what we do so for right now we’re just going to stay focused and once we get past this we can start to enjoy what the culmination is of the last year’s process,” Ortiz said, “Over the next couple of days, we’ll finish the final stuff in here we’ll bring on our employees, get them trained and prepare for the opening.”
    Last edited by cheekman; July 14th, 2023 at 11:03 PM.

next big question employer, what are they going to do?
    This will piss them off thats for sure. David Holland, an attorney who specializes in cannabis-related workplace cases, said that employers cannot use a positive drug test for cannabis as proof of impairment because the metabolites can linger in the body for as long as a month.

Rather, employers will likely have to consider a variety of factors before making any claims of employees impaired on the job.
    “Unless somebody comes into work either carrying cannabis or otherwise are showing articulable and visible signs of impairment, then an employer is not free to do what they want,” said Holland, who was the attorney for a Buffalo firefighter who got his job back after the department fired him for medical marijuana use.

Buffalo firefighter fired for medical marijuana returns to work after settlement
    For example, the impairment must lessen the worker’s performance, too, Holland said, or interfere with a safe and healthy workplace. And smell of cannabis alone is not proof of impairment, he added. Neither is falling asleep at work.

“Red eyes may be attributable to a variety of factors,” he said. “So, what the guidance says and where the law shakes out is if somebody is using heavy equipment in a reckless and unsafe manner, that would be grounds to take action.”

As a result, Casa said it will be very difficult for employers to interpret whether an employee is impaired by cannabis on the job.

“So, that’s another layer,” she said. “How do you figure out impairment?”

Thread Information