Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border

Post Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border

Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border: report

http://www.france24.com/france24Public/en/administration/afp-news.html?id=070625232254.etwt6z5u&cat=null

France24, France - 2 hours ago

Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.

Britain's defence ministry would not confirm or deny the report, with a spokesman declining to comment on "intelligence matters".

An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."

"We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us. It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot."

The Sun said that radar sightings of Iranian helicopters crossing into the Iraqi desert were confirmed to it by very senior military sources.

In response to the report, a British defence ministry spokesman said: "There is evidence that explosive devices used against our troops in southern Iraq originated in Iran."

"Any Iranian link to armed militias in Iraq either through weapons supply, training or funding are unacceptable."

Britain has about 7,100 soldiers in Iraq, most of whom are based in the southern city of Basra and surrounding areas, though the government has pledged to reduce that to between 5,000 and 5,500 this year.

Unregistered

I wonder how long it will take before this translates into a War?

Iran bombers attack Our Boys

Iran bombers attack Our Boys
    By TOM NEWTON DUNN
    Defence Editor

June 26, 2007
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007290279,00.html

IRANIAN forces are being choppered over the Iraqi border to bomb Our Boys, intelligence chiefs say.

Military experts claim this worrying move means we are at WAR with Iran in all but name.

Last night an intelligence source told The Sun: “It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran — but nobody has officially declared it.

“We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us.

“It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot.”

Our Boys picked up the Iranian helicopters on radar crossing into empty desert.

The sightings have been confirmed to The Sun by very senior military sources.
    At least two Brit squaddies are thought to have been killed by bombs planted during these incursions into Maysan province — Corporal Ben Leaning, 24, and Trooper Kristen Turton, 27.

A further 44 British deaths have also been linked to the highly advanced bombs, rockets and mortars which originated in Iran.

Coming so swiftly after the kidnap of 15 Royal Navy sailors in the Gulf, our revelation will send strained relations between London and Tehran plummeting further.

Until now, secret units from Iran’s fanatical RGC have restricted themselves to just training and arming Shia rebels in Iraq.

They include the al Quds Brigade — a secretive force tasked to spread Islamic revolution abroad who are the main backers for Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon and are also active in Palestine and northern Iraq.

An MoD spokeswoman said: “There is evidence that explosive devices used against our troops in southern Iraq originated in Iran.

“Any Iranian link to armed militias in Iraq either through weapons supply, training or funding are unacceptable.

t.newtondunn@the-sun.co.uk

Can we got someone to actually put NAMES to these 'sources'? The number of distortions and straight lies told to justify the Iraq war suggest that we should be looking for unnamed people being reported in biased press.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

9:51 AM and the market isn't reflecting any of this, nor is it being reported on any major news outlets.

Strange.

Oh God, I didn't notice that this came from The Sun. It's a Brit tabloid rag, run by Murdoch. Assuming that this Iran story was on Page 1, two pages later you'll find the weekly Page 3 Girl! This rag isn't worth the paper it's written on.
    Among other front page headlines the paper has published are: "FREDDIE STARR ATE MY HAMSTER", 'BONKERS BRUNO LOCKED UP (about a mentally ill boxer), PULPIT POOFS (with the subsequent retraction, titled SORRY ELTON), I'M BIG IN THE BUMBDESTAG (about a picture one of their photogs got of a german diplomat).

Plainly, Wikipedia says "More generally, the Murdoch Sun has been criticised since its launch for its sensationalism, which on occasion has led it to publish stories on the most spurious evidence, and for its focus on celebrities for its news and feature coverage. It has regularly been accused of appealing to the lowest common denominator and dumbing down public discourse."

LHardy, I know you want SO bad to believe this, but you might want to find a little more reputable source to puppy-dog.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

We need a Leader with Guts .Harry Truman had the right Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    LHardy, I know you want SO bad to believe this, but you might want to find a little more reputable source to puppy-dog.
    Where did I say I believe it is true?
    I simply posted the story.

In fact I said nothing at all.
    Nor do I want "SO bad", for the story to be true.
    Actually I hope that Iran did not cross the boarder with soldiers. It is bad enough that they are supply the enemy with weapons.

We will know more in a couple of days as more information is released.

just a question... if, in some parallel universe, canada and mexico were under seige and/or occupied by foreign army, would america be active in supporting our continental neighbors?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Source

The Sun was not the original source for the story.
    Please if you wish to criticize my sources, dig a little deeper into the details before launching a tift against my posting.

AFP is the world's oldest established news agency, founded in 1835 by Charles-Louis Havas, the father of global journalism.

Today, the agency continues to expand its operations worldwide, reaching thousands of subscribers via radio, television, newspapers and companies from its main headquarters in Paris and regional centers in Washington, Hong Kong, Nicosia and Montevideo. All share the same goal: to guarantee top quality international service tailored to the specific needs of clients in each region.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    Please if you wish to criticize my sources, dig a little deeper into the details before launching a tift against my posting.

AFP is the world's oldest established news agency, founded in 1835 by Charles-Louis Havas, the father of global journalism.

Today, the agency continues to expand its operations worldwide, reaching thousands of subscribers via radio, television, newspapers and companies from its main headquarters in Paris and regional centers in Washington, Hong Kong, Nicosia and Montevideo. All share the same goal: to guarantee top quality international service tailored to the specific needs of clients in each region.
    then why does the author have a sun email address? and why does he keep saying "our boys"? hardly an objective POV, eh?

also... "Last night an intelligence source told The Sun..." not the AFP.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Where did I say I believe it is true?
    I simply posted the story.

In fact I said nothing at all.
    Nor do I want "SO bad", for the story to be true.
    Actually I hope that Iran did not cross the boarder with soldiers. It is bad enough that they are supply the enemy with weapons.

We will know more in a couple of days as more information is released.
    Apologies...you didn't say the story was true or believable.

But can you honestly say you're not all for bombing Iran, you know, as long as we're next door anyway? I think your sentiments in the past seem to indicate so.

By the way, I'm not saying that it is or isn't true either. I'm pointing out that your source has the credibility of oh, say...our President.
    Last edited by run4it; June 26th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Post Heh! Heh! I'm Bored! Let's Invade Iran!

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Apologies...you didn't say the story was true or believable.

But can you honestly say you're not all for bombing Iran, you know, as long as we're next door anyway? I think your sentiments in the past seem to indicate so.

By the way, I'm not saying that it is or isn't true either. I'm pointing out that your source has the credibility of oh, say...our President.

Our armed forces are supposedly tired, exausted, demoralized (many) and depleted.

IF we had to bomb Iran (for whatever reason G.W.B. declares) could the United States sustain another prolonged military campaign in the middle east?

What about the repercussions with other nations (war with Iran)?

What about terrorist "reprisals" (for bombing and invading Iran)?

Will the draft replace the all time-low volunteer system and MORE young people will be sent to their deaths, while greeeeeedy military contractors make even MORE money if we invade Iraq?

See, the Bush Administration is far from stupid.
    If necessary, they WILL have PROOF that Iran is a threat to the United States' "mission" in Iraq
    and/or
    Iran wants to go to war with the United States.

Hell, Bush just might tell the world that the Iranians are hiding UFOs that crashed into Terhran and are going to use the alien weapons technology from the UFOs to declare a jihad on the United States and we'll have no choice but to declare war on Iran!

Just look at how much the newly-elected Dem majority has accomplished and how "they put Bush in his place!!"
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    then why does the author have a sun email address? and why does he keep saying "our boys"? hardly an objective POV, eh?

also... "Last night an intelligence source told The Sun..." not the AFP.
    I predict LHardy will now pull a disappearing act.

How about you provide us with a working link to your alleged source, so we can all have an intelligent discuss about what it supposedly has to tell us? No point is berating us for questioning your source when you don't bother to post a link we can use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information