Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how does one figure out how much electricity savings they may have?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Rez, you are 100% correct... only in NYS would the power authority have $500m in cash laying around... which was stolen from the tax payer...
    use the right terms. It wasn't stolen. They have a monopoly on power cost and they are over charging us. Simple as that.

And what do you propse we do about that tony? elect more con artists into office?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well we'll have to see what type of man Cuomo is. Pure bull****ter like a lot of our elected officials or not.

We can't judge yet because he's not in office. Unfortunately when it comes to long lifers in the government system, past performance usually will predict future performance so I expect nothing to change.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    use the right terms. It wasn't stolen. They have a monopoly on power cost and they are over charging us. Simple as that.
    It wasn't stolen?? It was accumulated through taxes and fees that were put into law to create a more efficient power grid... which it was not spent on. It was collected through a lie... it was STOLEN!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    No, i'm talking about YOU personally or WNY... 0%.
    You asked how much electricity of mine comes from Oil. And I gave you the figure.

There are 2 reason why electric costs have gone up... the govt and the govt.
    And, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Electric Companies setting the pricing per kW/h for the grid, does it? Or, the likes of Massey Energy, who are raking in record profits?

When NYS taxes Power companies and power bills... costs go up.

When the FED drives the value of the dollar down, the costs of the resources to provide power go up....

The reason Coal is cheap is because the majority comes from RED states... They have lower taxes...
    And they get a metric ****ton of subsidies from the federal government, to get that coal. Just like the red states that give us cheap grain can do so due to the metric ****ton of subsidies they get for doing it.

Ever wonder why "red" states are red in more ways than one? They are also getting more tax dollars back than they contribute...
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    You asked how much electricity of mine comes from Oil. And I gave you the figure.

No you gave me the national average... try reading your own sources...

And, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Electric Companies setting the pricing per kW/h for the grid, does it? Or, the likes of Massey Energy, who are raking in record profits?

And they get a metric ****ton of subsidies from the federal government, to get that coal. Just like the red states that give us cheap grain can do so due to the metric ****ton of subsidies they get for doing it.

Ever wonder why "red" states are red in more ways than one? They are also getting more tax dollars back than they contribute...
    We've talked about the "welfare states" before and you proved ignorant on those topics too. And please we pump more money into Soybeans than any other crop, by the way IA, IL, OH, IN, MN produce over 75% of the countries soybeans... and all those states voted for Obama...
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

You now have choices for your electrical supplier. I always look in to the minimum cost per KWH from the electrical suppliers. Right now I am with Con Edison for the supply. NYSEG still charges for the electrical transport (electric lines). Try to get a fixed supply rate for the year. The variable rates are an easy way for the price to go up during the year. I noticed that NYSEG is offering a fixed rate once again. Last year they only offered a variable rate. I will check the rates again this year and go with the lowest fixed rate again.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We did go to a company that was involved with the Chamber for lower electrical rates. Saved a little. i'll save much more upgrading various pieces of equipment as long as the ROI is there to be had.

!

It doesn't matter Tony,

I sit in the dark all night long except for when I watch TV, or when I'm online and my bill is bewteen 50-89.00 $ per month. One thing I am sure of is the NYSEG will raise my bill every other month and on those even months my bill is 50 $...They got us and we didn't even feel the arrow go in.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

NYSEG is offering 2 years fixed at .06299 per kWh. Con Edison was offering the same rate but only 1 year,. I signed for the two years.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information