Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hamburg Police Chief

New Hamburg Police Chief

With Chief Coggins recently deciding to retire, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss the future. Who do the taxpayers & the Hamburg Police officers think would be a good replacement? Someone on the force now? Someone new? Should a search committee be appointed?

Personally, I think a search committee of non political Hamburg residents would be the best idea. No politicians, just real people who live in the Town.

Thumbs up

Well I'll tell you it will stay in the department and the next high ranking officer will get it.But why not go with a younger man like Frasier,Monaco,LaValle there are others too Best Jr. or even Mike Sauer

Is their an existing civil service list for chief in the town? If not they (the Town) will have to call for an exam and appoint a temporary Chief until the results of the civil service test are known. Then the Town will have their choice of one of the top three scorers on the test.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1251
    Well I'll tell you it will stay in the department and the next high ranking officer will get it.But why not go with a younger man like Frasier,Monaco,LaValle there are others too Best Jr. or even Mike Sauer
    It would make sense to go with someone younger. Isn't Coggins in his 60's? Going with someone younger would bring fresh ideas and stability.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why not pick someone based on thier skills and knowledge... not by who is older or younger.

Duh!?

The most qualified person for the job. Although the board would want someone who would best represent their philosophy on leading the department. As much as public employment has the stigma of entitlement, I hear to many stories coming out of the police dept that make me wonder what is going on. I hope that whomever they choose, they will be able to bring a once proud dept back to life.

You folks are just playing naive on me ----right? The politicians have never done what is right for that police department. The stories you hear are probably true and there are many probably worse you haven't even heard. The question everyone should be asking is why now. He wasn't planning on going. And he still had more room to stuff money into his pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by ritefromrong1949
    You folks are just playing naive on me ----right? The politicians have never done what is right for that police department. The stories you hear are probably true and there are many probably worse you haven't even heard. The question everyone should be asking is why now. He wasn't planning on going. And he still had more room to stuff money into his pockets!
    Ok.

Why now?

Well maybe the Chief wants to leave before his legal problems embarrass the Spendthrift Four Board Members .

oooooh! you're a midnight kind a guy. rite on

Quote Originally Posted by NightStalker
    Well maybe the Chief wants to leave before his legal problems embarrass the Spendthrift Four Board Members .
    took the words right outta my mouth (although i'm sure Joan Kesner is hoping against hope for her hubby to step into the top position--more $$ to line their fat pockets).

Quote Originally Posted by NightStalker

Legal problems...do tell!

Could someone explain, how a salaried employee, (Chief, Asst. Chief) gets overtime?!?!?
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information