Thread: GOP Endorsements

GOP Endorsements

Supervisor- Robert Leary
    Town clerk - No Endorsement
    Councilman- Melissa Studley
    Councilman - Dawn Gaczewski

Hopefully, the 2 council member candidates are fiscally conservative unlike Leary.
    Last edited by gorja; January 31st, 2023 at 10:15 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Supervisor- Robert Leary
    Town clerk - No Endorsement
    Councilman- Melissa Studley
    Councilman - Dawn Gaczewski

Hopefully, the 2 council member candidates are fiscally conservative unlike Leary.
    Hey Gorga:

I was amazed to see how early you posted the endorsement results of the Lancaster Republican Party, especially considering the last I heard was that you were a Democrat who converted to the Conservative Party for the express purpose of voting against Gaczewski in the primary and is now suddenly interested in the Republican Party.

Are you now a registered Republican who suddenly favors Gaczewski, expressing a wish that she would run against Leary, and is still adamantly anti-Leary despite their both being endorsed by the Republican Party?

Are you implying Supervisor Ruffino is the only fiscally responsible individual on the town board? Are you implying that Supervisor Ruffino should consider running again? Is he? For someone who had made it known he wasn’t interested in running again, like you, he has taken every opportunity to discredit Leary. What's with that?

Looking for clarification regarding your immense dislike for Leary and your allegations, and who you think would be a more deserving candidate for supervisor.

Studley?

I seem to remember a chaotic and disastrous run for School Board a few years ago

Can’t wait for the ridiculous posts on this site to begin

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lord Geof View Post
    Studley?

I seem to remember a chaotic and disastrous run for School Board a few years ago

Give it time The ridiculous is just around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey Gorga:

I was amazed to see how early you posted the endorsement results of the Lancaster Republican Party, especially considering the last I heard was that you were a Democrat who converted to the Conservative Party for the express purpose of voting against Gaczewski in the primary and is now suddenly interested in the Republican Party.

Are you now a registered Republican who suddenly favors Gaczewski, expressing a wish that she would run against Leary, and is still adamantly anti-Leary despite their both being endorsed by the Republican Party?

Are you implying Supervisor Ruffino is the only fiscally responsible individual on the town board? Are you implying that Supervisor Ruffino should consider running again? Is he? For someone who had made it known he wasn’t interested in running again, like you, he has taken every opportunity to discredit Leary. What's with that?

Looking for clarification regarding your immense dislike for Leary and your allegations, and who you think would be a more deserving candidate for supervisor.
    So as a Conservative, I shouldn't be posting Republican endorsement results. Yet in the past, as a blank, you have posted endorsement results. In my simple opinion, the best candidate isn't running. I truly believe Lynne Ruda would be the ideal candidate for supervisor.

I heard Sojka had 2 more of his Spruceland Terrace neighbors as councilman endorsement candidates that didn't make the cut.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by lord Geof View Post
    Studley?

Wasn't she one of the Redskinner's?

Georgia L Schlager

Gorga: So as a Conservative, I shouldn't be posting Republican endorsement results. Yet in the past, as a blank, you have posted endorsement results. In my simple opinion, the best candidate isn't running. I truly believe Lynne Ruda would be the ideal candidate for supervisor.
    As a Conservative, nay individual, you have the right to opine on anything you want. People respect your research and opinion. Today where the town’s voter registry showing the large gap between Democrat and Republican Parties has closed, Conservative Party registrations are up, approximately 25% of registered voters are blanks (like me), it is important for voters not involved in the primary process to receive credible information to base their election vote on.

So, I ask again, what are you basing your disparaging Leary opinion on; that he is a bully and will bankrupt the town? Not only him now, but his councilmember colleagues as well. You are evading giving an answer.

In earlier posts you declared that Ruda would be a ‘good candidate’ but unable to hold the full-time Supervisor position because of her full-time teaching position – and being on the LIDA as well. You are again positing her as an ideal candidate. Is she considering a run? Under what political party? Another distraction.

Gorga: I heard Sojka had 2 more of his Spruceland Terrace neighbors as councilman endorsement candidates that didn't make the cut.
    What does that have to do with anything? Another distraction and cheap shot at Sojka. I also heard Mr. Mohr and his BOE lackeys showed up and edged out incumbent Town Clerk Diane Terranova from getting the Town Clerk endorsement. The only candidate to interview for the Republican Party endorsement and denied the endorsement because she is a registered Democrat.

Terranova, a proven able incumbent denied endorsement to a non-administrative position because of party affiliation. What’s that all about? Aren’t they supposed to be endorsing based on ‘most qualified candidates? That was not Sojka’s doing!

All this BS already and the Democratic and Conservative Parties have yet to announce their endorsements. As a so-called Conservative, disliking Leary as you do, are you setting the table for a primary challenge should the Conservative Party endorse Leary?

Just trying to figure out how a Democrat becomes a Conservative and is now receiving inside information from someone within the Republican Party.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    What does that have to do with anything? Another distraction and cheap shot at Sojka. I also heard Mr. Mohr and his BOE lackeys showed up and edged out incumbent Town Clerk Diane Terranova from getting the Town Clerk endorsement. The only candidate to interview for the Republican Party endorsement and denied the endorsement because she is a registered Democrat.

Terranova, a proven able incumbent denied endorsement to a non-administrative position because of party affiliation. What’s that all about? Aren’t they supposed to be endorsing based on ‘most qualified candidates? That was not Sojka’s doing!
    I had assumed that since Sojka was voted in as chairman that he had the majority of committee member votes and that Terranova would have been endorsed. So what happened with his voters. Were they all not present?

Posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Just trying to figure out how a Democrat becomes a Conservative and is now receiving inside information from someone within the Republican Party.
    I changed to Democrat as a Bill Clinton democrat not as a Lancaster democrat before I moved to Lancaster. I think it was two years ago, I changed back to Conservative which I was most of my voting life. I've always voted for the person not a party. I suppose I could change to a blank so you'll stop harping about what party I'm affiliated with.

Posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    All this BS already and the Democratic and Conservative Parties have yet to announce their endorsements. As a so-called Conservative, disliking Leary as you do, are you setting the table for a primary challenge should the Conservative Party endorse Leary?
    I honestly didn't think there was a Lancaster Democratic committee left to do any endorsements.

As far as Ruda goes, I honestly don't think she has ever gave it a thought about running for supervisor. I just like her because she is a real go-getter without any intimidation and always thinks out-of-the-box. She does seem to love teaching. I would assume a young teacher wouldn't want to give that up or her future teacher's pension. This is all surmising on my part. The last couple of years attending the Comprehensive plan committee meetings, she really impressed me. Also, watching all the LIDA meetings and you can see the time she puts in to research.

Georgia L Schlager

Gorga: I had assumed that since Sojka was voted in as chairman that he had the majority of committee member votes and that Terranova would have been endorsed. So what happened with his voters. Were they all not present?
    I have no idea why Sojka’s troops weren’t there, but Mohr and his usual no-show committee people did answer his beckoned call and did their master’s bidding.

Gorga: I changed to Democrat as a Bill Clinton democrat not as a Lancaster democrat before I moved to Lancaster. I think it was two years ago, I changed back to Conservative which I was most of my voting life. I've always voted for the person not a party. I suppose I could change to a blank so you'll stop harping about what party I'm affiliated with.
    I am not harping at all. I couldn’t play your game. As a lifelong ‘blank’ I have made it clear on this cite that I could never swear allegiance to any political party, that I abhor having to vote on either a Republican or Democratic line and only do so when I can’t find my candidate on a minor party line – voting for who I think is the best candidate; like you.

Gorga: I honestly didn't think there was a Lancaster Democratic committee left to do any endorsements.
    You would think so considering the unabashed, deceitful way they conducted their last campaign. There is a committee, hopefully they learned something, found some integrity, and candidates with integrity as well.

Gorga: As far as Ruda goes, I honestly don't think she has ever gave it a thought about running for supervisor. I just like her because she is a real go-getter without any intimidation and always thinks out-of-the-box. She does seem to love teaching. I would assume a young teacher wouldn't want to give that up or her future teacher's pension. This is all surmising on my part. The last couple of years attending the Comprehensive plan committee meetings, she really impressed me. Also, watching all the LIDA meetings and you can see the time she puts in to research.
    Ruda, Ruda, Ruda … are you her campaign manager? She’s not running, right?

You have danced around everything, but once again failed to answer your reason for disliking Leary – alleging he is a bully and/or making Lancaster bankrupt. What makes him the ‘bully’? How is he making Lancaster bankrupt? How does a councilmember do that?

Tell us why voters, perhaps 30% of them, unable to partake in the primary process should not consider voting for him – and why those partaking in the primary process should consider him a ‘bully’ or ‘fiscally irresponsible’ and undeserving of being endorsed?

Not answering reflects poorly on your integrity and credibility; not on the man's character you are disparaging. What am I missing?

Thread Information