Thread: I support Pataki's plan for the Control Board

Unregistered

I support Pataki's plan for the Control Board

Unless Buffalos Police and Teachers contracts are revisited

Unless there is a Pay Freeze and Hiring Freeze

Unless regional services that Buffalo pays for are consolidated with the county

Unless school and city staffing is rightsized for the cities population

any additional revenue will only be spent ineffectively and has the potential for Erie County and all the suburban municipalities to catch Buffalo's contagion.

If Buffalo is made more uncompetitive with the suburbs by raising its taxes and debt to solve its problems, then Buffalo's implosion with continue and eventually it will impede jobs from being attracted to our region and increase job loss in the suburban municipalities.

If Buffalos problems are resolved by moving revenue from the county to the city without restructurign and renegotiating, then the money will be wasted and both the county and the suburban municipalities will face the same revenue crisis that Buffalo faces...the whole county could start to implode.

But what better way to humble the suburbs into thinking that they cannot insulate themselves from "Buffalos Problems" that to take away their revenue and place them in the same difficulties as the city.

So, either support a strong and invasive restructuring now with consolidation and privatization or oppose it and inherit Buffalo's problems. Mr. & Mrs Suburb, we'll see how well you do when you start to implode!

Unregistered
    You know the suburbs will have the same issues Buffalo has in a short period of time.

The developers will just keep moving outwards seeing they can use the cheaper farm land farther away to build thier strip malls and industry parks.

The Suburbs have the same patronage issues and wasteful issues that Buffalo has. It just hasn't caught up with the suburbs as is has Buffalo.

We use Buffalo example to also clean up the burbs.

THERE is NO reason why NYS cost so much to be here except for bad planning and labor contracts.

Unregistered
    Kudos to the Governor for proposing some strong medicine. Hevesi had a decent plan too, which means we should get someting decent from the Legislature....unless they act as they have in the past and cave to public employee unions.

Unregistered
    They are all involved and will cave in. Only a Federal control board can help us.

Political Poet
    The same cronies that got Buffalo into this disarray
    Are the ones we should welcome with a hip-hip hooray?

Oh my goodness, and for goodness sake
    Tony and Joel on the control board, give me a break!

All the broken promises, them let’s not forget
    And now they’re the ones getting Buffalo out of debt?

These guys are about as blind as three little mouses,
    Come November, let’s vote against these little louses.

I tip my hat to the rest of the control board
    And wish them luck on a budget Buffalo can afford.

I hope it’ll bring prosperity back to the city
    Cuz where I’m sitting, things look pretty … shabby.

Thread Information