Thread: Hurricane Ian

Hurricane Ian

This past week has been stressful and heartbroken as we saw how this storm got stronger and changed course. I thought for sure it was coming over Tampa. We had severe rains & not so severe winds but enough to cause minor damage in most areas. However, our hearts are broken as Ian decimated Ft. Meyers

I find myself counting my blessings but feel sorrow for my neighboring townships. Please continue to pray for those areas impacted.

Thank you to those who reached out to me to see how I was doing.

Hey shortstuff:

Happy to hear you are fine. Did not know you lived in Tampa.

Hoped you were spared as our friends were who also live in Tampa – and Orlando as well. Our friends in Punta Gorda did not do so well.

It is disheartening to watch the devastation Ian brought, the Ukraine and threat of nuclear war, the impacts of inflation, crime, and an open border, and have to watch and listened to politicos, media, and haters focus on matters further dividing the country.

Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    This past week has been stressful and heartbroken as we saw how this storm got stronger and changed course. I thought for sure it was coming over Tampa. We had severe rains & not so severe winds but enough to cause minor damage in most areas. However, our hearts are broken as Ian decimated Ft. Meyers

I find myself counting my blessings but feel sorrow for my neighboring townships. Please continue to pray for those areas impacted.

Glad to hear you're alright

Georgia L Schlager

Thanks guys

Lee, sorry to hear about your friends in Punta Gorda. It was my first hurricane; I know it won't be my last. I did pause and reflect on the snowstorms up north, then dismissed it LOL...

I hear ya' about politics always showing its ugly head. Our Vice President making equity a political message post hurricane, is atrocious! Politics have no place in disasters such as what we witnessed. But, as we see, our politicians have no moral compass.

Again, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post

Also, glad you are OK, shortstuff! Hopefully the area will rebound from this awful event. The area looked like such a wonderful place to live, warm neighbors, and festive. Hoping some day all that returns. Thankfully you are OK!

God bless you and yours, shortstuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey shortstuff:

Happy to hear you are fine. Did not know you lived in Tampa.

Hoped you were spared as our friends were who also live in Tampa – and Orlando as well. Our friends in Punta Gorda did not do so well.

It is disheartening to watch the devastation Ian brought, the Ukraine and threat of nuclear war, the impacts of inflation, crime, and an open border, and have to watch and listened to politicos, media, and haters focus on matters further dividing the country.

Stay safe!
    You really need to get a darn life, Lee Chowaniec.

Your obsessions show strongly, here. Does your pathetic politics come into every single thread ???? Can't you keep your cheap shots where they belong, in the deranged Had enough yet ???

Strange, very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Also, glad you are OK, shortstuff! Hopefully the area will rebound from this awful event. The area looked like such a wonderful place to live, warm neighbors, and festive. Hoping some day all that returns. Thankfully you are OK!

God bless you and yours, shortstuff!!!
    Thank you so much for your sentiments Breezy I did not see this, Ive been out of town, so sorry for the delay in response.

Ft. Myers is a lovely spot to vacation and I know it is going to take some time to return it back to its nostagic vacation spot.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Nicole is arriving into Florida, November has been a bit rocky which is unusual as we get great weather from end of October to mid-May. What gives...probably global warming...LOL

Again Breezy, thank you so much for your wishes and I hope you and yours has a great holiday

Thread Information