Thread: Liberalism at it's best

Liberalism at it's best

In the State of Massachusetts the governor Deval Patrick (D) is encouraging the state legislators to defeat a ballot measure that would ban same sex marriages. Afraid of letting the state citizens vote on this matter he is hoping the legislators will vote the ballot down. He also hope that if the ballot looks like it will pass that the legislative leaders will postpone the vote.

Once again the Liberal Elite shows that there view is the only view that counts. The will of the people shoud not be paid attention to.

Ref: Buffalo News 6-09-07 page A5

Perhaps the time is right for the citizens to vote to repeal the 13th Amendment, or the 19th Amendment? After all, is it fair that "the will of the people" was not respected when these amendments were ratified?

What about the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 & 1968? Had these been put to the people, would they have passed, given the social climate of the day?

This is why we have the Constitution: to protect those inalienable rights of EACH INDIVIDUAL. Something our founding fathers were so wise to put to paper.

It's those "Right Wing Ultra-Conservatives" in this country that live to suppress anything with which they disagree.

Unregistered

Good counterpoint, but there should be a consensus of the greater community

Good counterpoint, but there should be a consensus of the greater community

I always thought that civil unions (aka secular marriage) gave gays and lesbians all the legal rights of marriage without the religious blessing.

Abortion was shoved down the throats of the nation by the supreme court and it wound up splitting the country into a 40 year social rift because there was no consensus...

decriminalizing sodomy was different because the AMA decided that same sex was no longer a disease or a disorder so it didnt make sense for an act to be criminal that did not have a medical or psychological reason...only a religious one and even the religious one was dubious because the only references against anything of the same sex came not from the new testament teachings of jesus but from the old testament jewish torah. Jews should a bigger problem with homosexuality than christians for that reason.

I say this about religion and it goes for gay marriage too. People need the ability to live their lives and they need the ability to be flawed and be accepted whether its having a bad temper or homosexuality....there should be a place for everyone in their faith and people should not shun their faith but try their best to reconcile.....thats really the point.

I just hate it when secular liberals try to shove an agenda just as much as recalcitrant conservatives attempt to silence and eliminate things that are obviously a part of human nature and how we should deal with them.

Unregistered
    The State of Massachusetts needs a guy like Alabama Senator, Charles Bishop, in their legislature to knock the crap out of their governor. Perhaps Governor Deval Patrick needs to spend the rest of his career in the closet where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by takebackwny
    It's those "Right Wing Ultra-Conservatives" in this country that live to suppress anything with which they disagree.

Strangely I can't find any approval of same sex marriages in the Constitution.

The issue in my post is the Liberal mindset. If the public wants something that is counter to the Liberal view (the pending vote on same sex marriages by the Massachusetts State Legislators) that pending vote should be postponed if the vote won't go the way the Liberals want it to. That way the Liberal views on this matter will be upheld. What are they afraid of, that their are to many "Right Wing Ultra-Conservatives" in the State of Massachusetts?

Heaven help us if the Liberals ever take control of the oval office.

With the Liberals it is their way only.

Does your "give the people what they want" attitude also apply to getting out of Iraq or stem cell research?

And I can't find where it's banned in the Constitution. Still, I'm glad to find our Republican friends caring about the Constitution again.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Unregistered

ironic, one could say the same over bush, libby, cheney, Rove,Enron,Iraq,Patriot Act

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna

The issue in my post is the Liberal mindset. If the public wants something that is counter to the Liberal view (the pending vote on same sex marriages by the Massachusetts State Legislators) that pending vote should be postponed if the vote won't go the way the Liberals want it to. That way the Liberal views on this matter will be upheld. What are they afraid of, that their are to many "Right Wing Ultra-Conservatives" in the State of Massachusetts?

Heaven help us if the Liberals ever take control of the oval office.

With the Liberals it is their way only.
    ironic, one could say the same over bush, libby, cheney, Rove, Enron, Iraq, Patriot Act and a list of others

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideJohn
    Does your "give the people what they want" attitude also apply to getting out of Iraq or stem cell research?

And I can't find where it's banned in the Constitution. Still, I'm glad to find our Republican friends caring about the Constitution again.
    What does this have to do with same sex marriages?

That why it should be left up to the citizens of Massachusetts to decide what they kind of life style is normal.

That why it should be left up to the citizens of Massachusetts to decide what they kind of life style is normal.

Normal
    , huh?

The title of this thread is a great one, as gay marriage does pretty much boil down to a liberal vs. conservative thing.

You see, Mr. Lackawanna - While homosexuality may no be "normal", ie the majority of the world is not gay, most liberals take a "that's fine" attitude.
    Conservatives, being, by nature, angry, hostile, and insecure will make up any excuse they can to lash out at those who are not like them.

It's pretty amusing, to tell the truth.

What does this have to do with same sex marriages?
    Here's what: you complain that "the will of the people" is being ignored with regard to same sex marriages in Massachusetts. I'm asking you if you're also bothered that the will of the people is being ignored with regard to Iraq or stem cell research?

Does it bother you when a Republican does it also, or is it only an issue for you when a Democrat does it? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but hey, maybe I'll get lucky and you'll prove me wrong.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Unregistered

How stereotypical of you, is that a liberal value?

Quote Originally Posted by therising

Normal
    , huh?

The title of this thread is a great one, as gay marriage does pretty much boil down to a liberal vs. conservative thing.

You see, Mr. Lackawanna - While homosexuality may no be "normal", ie the majority of the world is not gay, most liberals take a "that's fine" attitude.
    Conservatives, being, by nature, angry, hostile, and insecure will make up any excuse they can to lash out at those who are not like them.

How stereotypical of you, is that a liberal value to reduce everyone down to a stereotypical label: race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, illegal extraterrestrial space alien?

Your basing your entire stereotype of republicans and conservatives with the partnership between evangelicals and republicans or conservatives...but go back 30 years and those evangelicals were in the democratic party under Carter!

Many conservatives are Goldwater Conservatives who dont want government in anyones private lives and they think the answers lie in less government rather than more government which allows them to enforce the laws because the laws mean something....unlike liberals that make laws with great unenforcable platitudes

The republican party has turned their backs on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and even McCain. Not even with Hillarycare could the Clintons have created such a top heavy government that doesnt just reach into peoples personal lives (Patriot Act) but projects them into foreiign wars under the guise of spreading democracy and human values.

The core of republicans and conservatives goes back to goldwater. What your labelling as republicans and conservatives are little more than right wing communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    How stereotypical of you, is that a liberal value to reduce everyone down to a stereotypical label: race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, illegal extraterrestrial space alien?
    Umm, let's see Timmy.

The title of this thread is "Liberalism at it's best". I agreed with the thread starter, in that it comes down to a Liberal vs. Conservative thing. And then you go on to bash me?

If you disagreed with that premise, then why didn't you slam Mr. Lackawanna for titling the thread as such?

WTF is your problem, Timmy?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising

Normal
    , huh?

I haven't seen one conservative on this board lash out at you regarding your sexual preferences resin. So take it back!

Unregistered

mark your calenders....sorry resin...was making a point not attacking you

mark your calenders everybody....sorry resin...was making a point not attacking you even though i referenced you.

Post The "Liberal Elite" Does Not Exist:Another Right-Wing Boogeyman For Us Sheep

In the State of Massachusetts the governor Deval Patrick (D) is encouraging the state legislators to defeat a ballot measure that would ban same sex marriages. Afraid of letting the state citizens vote on this matter he is hoping the legislators will vote the ballot down. He also hope that if the ballot looks like it will pass that the legislative leaders will postpone the vote.

Once again the Liberal Elite shows that there view is the only view that counts. The will of the people shoud not be paid attention to.

Ref: Buffalo News 6-09-07 page A5
    If the "Liberal elite" weren't a bunch of whining impotent peons, the world would be a much better place in which to live.

Liberal elitists would have acted on the pre-9/11 warnings from many credible nations and other sources.

Liberal elitists wouldn't have gone to war with a soverign nation, dictatorship or not.

Liberal elite government wouldn't have sacrificed the lives of over 4,000 U.S. troops to make money for war profiteers (casualties vastly under-stated)

Liberal elite wouldn't have appointed a bunch of neo-cons to the Supreme Court

Liberal elite President wouldn't have a "rubber-stamp" Congress

Liberal elite wouldn't put magical creationism or independent design ahead of "evil" Evolution

Liberal elite wouldn't allow people to suffer from cancer and other terminal illnesses in agony-They would have allowed medicinal marajuana AND some kind of comprimise on a federal bill for assisted suicide

Liberal elite wouldn't THINK of offering citizenship to illegal aliens or "building a fence to keep Mexicans out."

Liberal elite wouldn't have created the largest deficit in U.S. history

Liberal elite would NEVER have given the already filthy rich MORE free money

Liberal elite PROBABLY would have responded to Hurricane Katrina IMMEDIATELY-Because these stupid liberals try to be nice to minorities

Liberal elite wouldn't punish freedom of speech, limit what the media tells the public

Liberal elite wouldn't have a "Fox News" as its propaganda tool

Liberal elite would NEVER label Americans who disagreed with the Federal Govt as "traitors," "Un-American," "Un-Patriotic."

Liberal elite PROBABLY would never have hidden most of its evil actions under the guise of organized religion

Liberal elite wouldn't tolerate hateful pigs like Rush, ugly whores like Coulter and bullys like O' Reilly

Liberal elite would NEVER condone torture, rendition or vacations in Europe to be tortured.

Liberal elite, without pressure from the Pharmaceuticals WOULD have allowed the Stem Cell Bill to pass and actually give Medicine a CHANCE TO REALLY HELP THE CURRENT AND FUTURE ILL of the world and not PRETEND they give a rat's ass about the sanctity of the fetus!!!

And being a "Liberal" doesn't mean that you let everyone beat up on you while you just sit there-
    Its like, people that are TRULY religious aren't whipping posts-

War is undertaken as a defensive measure ONLY.
    To Bush & Co. War is fun & games

The Liberal elite would have made SURE that our troops had the proper body armor and a sound post-war strategy with numerous back-up scenarios BEFORE the war was undertaken!

There IS no "Liberal elite," just a lot of people from all walks of life that are Human beings that think for themselves and the health & welfare of their fellow citizens of the U.S. and the world.

The TERM "Liberal elite" is just another creation of the RIGHT-Wing hate media to sound as though there's some kind of conspiritorial, sneaky, devious plot to overthrow the U.S. government and we're here to protect you from the evil Liberals (or Commies) YOUR choice of words.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Thread Information