Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins

Chris Collins

Anyone read the following Thursday?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...icle219369.ece

Come on people Ive been saying this for months this guy is a JACKASS

That reader left out a few details in his opinion piece.

btw, apparently Dankert lives in E. Amherst now, although she may still own a home in Chautauqua.

We shall see where she votes, Cookie make sure to tell her that as well. Oh and by the way working on another thing on that Department . Just waiting for the Foil and then I have a meeting with 2 News Channels.
    Last edited by CheektowagaFan; October 16th, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

I know for a fact Chris is wasting money on this matter. When does it stop he should never have hired these people. His appealing is doing nothing but costing County Taxpayers

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    That reader left out a few details in his opinion piece.

btw, apparently Dankert lives in E. Amherst now, although she may still own a home in Chautauqua.

In terms of the holding center, the county reached a settlement with the Civil Liberties Division of the Dept of Justice. This cost some money in legal fees and the settlement but saved millions that the DOJ originally wanted the county to spend. This played out like most law suits that end up in a settlement rather than one side winning or losing. If you don't believe me ask Celino and Barnes.

As far as Collins goes, I'm perfectly happy. My property taxes haven't gone up and my sales taxes haven't gone up. Now he's getting ready to make substantial cuts in county spending to prevent a tax increase next year.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    We shall see where she votes, Cookie make sure to tell her that as well. Oh and by the way working on another thing on that Department . Just waiting for the Foil and then I have a meeting with 2 News Channels.
    Sorry, I don't know the lady, you can tell her yourself. I just saw the information (in 3 different places) when I was looking up some other info online. FWIW, voting in Chautauqua doesn't necessarily mean she lives there. It could also mean she didn't change her voting address and decided to vote where she is registered. Not that that is the right thing to do, but it does not prove where she lives, only where she voted, be it right or wrong.

I sure hope you go over all your "facts" before making them public. So far your "facts" seem a bit precarious.

I know for a fact Chris is wasting money on this matter. When does it stop he should never have hired these people. His appealing is doing nothing but costing County Taxpayers
    Guess you really don't know what your talking about. Hiring part timers at 39 hrs a week actually SAVES the taxpayer money because the union rules are different for them.

Smile

According to every judge that has heard the case im right on the button on this 1

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    guess you really don't know what your talking about. Hiring part timers at 39 hrs a week actually saves the taxpayer money because the union rules are different for them.

The author of the original poster's editorial was a Comptroller's Office employee.

Is this the same comptroller who spent a bunch of county money auditing county parking spaces? Is this the same comptroller who spent a bunch of county money auditing volunteer fire departments? Is this the same comptroller who has so grossly misspent county money that his entire auditing department has been cut to 2 people?
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Generally, I agree with Collins. I think overall he is doing a great job. However, hiring part-time at 39 hours is really unfair and may I add at this facility. I probably wouldn't have a problem with some of the county workers in other facilities reaching this fate. They haven't worked for years. However, the holding center employees do work and I again, I don't agree with Collins' position in this instance.

I agree with using PT, however, I don't consider 39 hrs to be part-time.

You should get your facts straight

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    Is this the same comptroller who spent a bunch of county money auditing county parking spaces? Is this the same comptroller who spent a bunch of county money auditing volunteer fire departments? Is this the same comptroller who has so grossly misspent county money that his entire auditing department has been cut to 2 people?
    Heavy sigh. Did you read any of the reports? You didn't. I did.

The Parking Report was not a report on County parking spaces, it was a report on spaces downtown. It discused and exposed how Collins favorites get perks and Collins opponents get screwed. That stuff is still happening! The plackard problem highlighted in the report still occurs. So does the issue of Buffalo Parking employees being harassed by Sheriff's who get tickets downtown. How is that an inappropriate use of Comptroller resources? Suck up to Collins on your own time.

I won't get into the Fire report. It's obvious you didn't read that either.

Collins and his minions cut the auditors so no one would be watching when he pulls his "stunts", such as the Parks house givaways.

If the auditors don't watch, who will?
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Guess you really don't know what your talking about. Hiring part timers at 39 hrs a week actually SAVES the taxpayer money because the union rules are different for them.
    You have no idea what your talking about, the "union rules" are not different for RPT's, where did you get that misinformation? you were mis-informed

!

What's with your language ? You disappointed you can't be doing what he is doing making HARD CUTS. Close your mouth and RUN for his OFFICE then you can say what you want otherwise, button it with the bad language.

Anyone read the following Thursday?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...icle219369.ece

Come on people Ive been saying this for months this guy is a JACKASS
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information