Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home invasion suspect caught in Amherst

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    I don't know, but I seem to recall anytime I've filled out those "bubbles" for "race" there were things like "native hawaiin" and a few other strange choices.
    If it's an issue substitute "Indian" or "Native American".
    I've always wondered why there's a category for African Americans. If there's a choice for white, why not black? How many people that check African American actually hold dual citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    I've always wondered why there's a category for African Americans. If there's a choice for white, why not black? How many people that check African American actually hold dual citizenship?
    I always check "other." ...Just to throw 'em off.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

The FBI stats are for the entire nation. Anyone have similar stats for WNY/Buffalo area?

I'd venture that violent crime in BUffalo and the surrounding suburbs is committed by blacks over 80% of the time. Just a guess.

dont side step the question

Since the article doesnt mention it. How do you no they are Black and why do you care what there race is?
    Answer please
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

What was the purpose of posting the crime stats? All that does is support the contention that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Those facts and figures also do something else, they make the apologists disappear.

I like to deal in real numbers when possible not opinions.

Those facts and figures also do something else, they make the apologists disappear.
    I am not interested in apologist I am interested in the origanal post that started this thread.

Since the article did not state the perps race how does the poster know he is black and more importantly to me why does he care what race he is and what promted him to make the statement he did at the end of his post?

I certainly dont troll thru the paper and say, aha! he is white or black or italian or purto rican or any other race for that matter. I am curious as to what type of human being does. Do you? I have never seen anyone Black post a crime and finish the thread, "and ya the guy who did it was white"

Since I have seen him in this thread a couple of times since I asked the question and he still hasnt answeared it I am even more curious.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Since the article did not state the perps race how does the poster know he is black and more importantly to me why does he care what race he is and what promted him to make the statement he did at the end of his post?

I certainly dont troll thru the paper and say, aha! he is white or black or italian or purto rican or any other race for that matter. I am curious as to what type of human being does. Do you? I have never seen anyone Black post a crime and finish the thread, "and ya the guy who did it was white"

Since I have seen him in this thread a couple of times since I asked the question and he still hasnt answeared it I am even more curious.

I'm not sure why he did it but I assume he did it to poke at some of the apologists from a previous thread. Multiple questions were asked about the pregnancy rate, the drop out rate, and the crime rate, and amazingly enough they were ignored by the same group that excuses any bad behavior committed by african americans.
    As far as reading the paper and guessing who was or wasn't black I don't don't do it. I do however get peeved when the news does a fluff piece on some 15 year old black kid that was at an 8th grade graduation party at 2am and he gets shot. "He" is always a loving father to 2 kids, was going to be an athelete or a lawyer, and was past his previous problems with the police...

Recognizing there is a major problem with the african american community and being vocal about it is always labeled racism by the apologists. They feel their coddling is helpful as opposed to the reality that it is harmful.
    Notice they accuse everyone that points out the reality as a racist yet never answer whether or not Bill Cosby is a racist for saying the same thing.

I'm not sure why he did it but I assume he did it to poke at some of the apologists from a previous thread. Multiple questions were asked about the pregnancy rate, the drop out rate, and the crime rate, and amazingly enough they were ignored by the same group that excuses any bad behavior committed by african americans.
    I missed that thread

I do however get peeved when the news does a fluff piece on some 15 year old black kid that was at an 8th grade graduation party at 2am and he gets shot.
    Thats what the news does for any kid that gets killed regardless of race. No newspaper would print. "that evil Irish kid got whacked at his graduation... goodie"

You seem like a knowledgeble guy so I am sure you remember this:

New Orleans during the levy incident.

Picture from the AP. White guy wading thru water with bag of food.
    Caption reads

"local resident finds food"

Picture from the same AP. Black guy wading thru water with bag of food. Caption reads

"Looting continues in New Orleans."

or this
    Here in Buffalo 4 or 5 years ago little white 16 yr old suburban kid torches the greeks church. He got parolled no jail time, slap on the wrist, a little community service. Everyone says he is a good kid that made a mistake. Think that would have happened if he was some 16 yr old east side kid?

Rascist? You make the call.

Apologist are what they are and they are not always right. But that doesnt make them always wrong either. This country stereotypes people on the streets and more importantly in the courts. Bill is right, there is way to much of a sence of entitlement in the African American community but the apologist are also right, There is a disparity in the way minoritys are treated by society as a whole.

The solution is beyond my grasp but it certainly isnt reading the paper trying to score points against blacks. That type of thinking IMHO is not only ignorant its counterproductive.

I thought that this thread was about a Starin Ave. home invasion suspect caught in Amherst?

What I CAN NOT believe is that a resident of Amherst-No...A resident of PURE, MAJESTIC AMHERST, that fair and just paradise is a SUSPECT in a violent burglary in Buffalo?!

Back to reality.
    Sociopaths are nearly 100% white males and serial killers aren't exclusive to the U.S. Great Britain, the USSR, Germany, all have White sociopaths murdering for "sport."

Sociopaths (mainly) run our nation and world:That is uncontestable, unless you're a big fan of "Fox News."

Yes, there are the filthy snipers in Maryland and D.C., I THINK that Richard Ramirez was Hispanic, some women serial killers but when you get down to the nitty gritty?

Whites seem to have a knack for torture, murder and sadism. ...Unless you're counting the genocide in Africa, Idi Amin and his menu, the genocide in Viet Nam, China-The terrorists from the middle east-

ALL races are guilty of violent crimes.

That doesn't make most of us "evil," just very misguided and inable to form our own thoughts and conclusions-Thinking for oneself is "Un-American" and "Liberal," didn't y'all know that?!

But a burgurglar suspect from Amherst?
    That's impossible!

EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT of Amherst, New York has passed a thorough background check on their income, credit, if they have a criminal record, their psychological profile and if their stool smells like Roses by the Amherst Police!!

There never HAS been and NEVER WILL BE VIOLENT CRIME perpatrated by residents of Amherst, New York!!!!

Please!! Stop lying about good, pure and beautiful Amherst!!!!
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded
    What I CAN NOT believe is that a resident of Amherst-No...A resident of PURE, MAJESTIC AMHERST, that fair and just paradise is a SUSPECT in a violent burglary in Buffalo?!

But a burgurglar suspect from Amherst?
    That's impossible!

EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT of Amherst, New York has passed a thorough background check on their income, credit, if they have a criminal record, their psychological profile and if their stool smells like Roses by the Amherst Police!!

There never HAS been and NEVER WILL BE VIOLENT CRIME perpatrated by residents of Amherst, New York!!!!

Please!! Stop lying about good, pure and beautiful Amherst!!!!
    I think you misunderstood the original post in this thread. It states the following: "Buffalo police officers, acting on a tip, arrested Kevin L. Allen, 27, of Moselle Street, in the Town of Amherst on Tuesday night."

The suspect was only arrested in Amherst by Buffalo police. He lives on Moselle Street, which is on the east side of Buffalo. I can assure you that Amherst remains PURE & MAJESTIC.

Steven,
    I remember the Katrina incident well. I also remember that the photos were both AP but the writer for the headlines were two different people so the comparison isn't valid.

Stereotypes are around for a reason. Profiling is done for a reason. Blacks are all for it in regards to Muslims but against it where they are concerned.

As for the puff pieces on the deceased...How many do you see for "white kids" or "Irish kids" for that matter? The point is not only the "fluff", but the seeming regularity with which they are done on AA kids/adults. Perception is reality in many instances but that doesn't make it OK (admittedly).

I enjoy discussing the sensitive issues because it riles the thin skinned very easily. All emotion and no substance.

Thumbs up

[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    I think you misunderstood the original post in this thread. It states the following: "Buffalo police officers, acting on a tip, arrested Kevin L. Allen, 27, of Moselle Street, in the Town of Amherst on Tuesday night."

The suspect was only arrested in Amherst by Buffalo police. He lives on Moselle Street, which is on the east side of Buffalo. I can assure you that Amherst remains PURE & MAJESTIC.
    Good catch! That's the way I read it also.
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    I missed that thread

Here in Buffalo 4 or 5 years ago little white 16 yr old suburban kid torches the greeks church. He got parolled no jail time, slap on the wrist, a little community service. Everyone says he is a good kid that made a mistake. Think that would have happened if he was some 16 yr old east side kid?

Rascist? You make the call.

Apologist are what they are and they are not always right.

The solution is beyond my grasp but it certainly isnt reading the paper trying to score points against blacks. That type of thinking IMHO is not only ignorant its counterproductive.
    Show me an East Side kid who regularly attends church with his family, and volunteers his time to do anything, especially fighting fire (insert chirping crickets sound here). It's like the Yeti or Sasquatch, often talked about, but seldom seen.

The suburban teen arsonist was member of the church and also a volunteer fireman. He showed up in his turnout gear shortly thereafter to assist the BFD in putting out the fire. You needn't call CSI to determine his mens rea. The church members recommended forgiveness, and a diversionary sentence in lieu of prison.

Property crimes differ from assault, and homicide.

Your attempt to compare a 3rd Degree Arsonist to an inner-city savage who would use an illegal handgun to kill you for your NIkes and cell phone is weak and without merit.
    Last edited by ChaneysGotaGun; June 8th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

I stand corrected, Surfing!

The East side of Buffalo, eh? You mean that calm, peaceful neighborly area in which the residents wear bullet-proof vests year-round, people drive to work in tanks and the police receive combat pay for patrolling those clean, bright and safe streets-THAT "East side?"

I live in North Buffalo and the number of crimes here is on the rise. The property value for houses has also been on the rise here, WHY I have no clue.

You know what would be great reading in "The Buffalo News?"

Not ONE, but DOZENS of stories in which a burgular tried to rob someone's house while the owner was home, the home owner, also a gun owner KILLS THE HOME INVADER IN SELF-DEFENSE and is totally exonerated (homeowner) of any criminal charges-

And I don't mean to sound "tough" because I am TERRIFIED of guns.

Its just that it would be nice to see/hear about potential victims lawfully turning the tables on those who would take what they've worked so hard for:Their money, their health and sometimes, their lives.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun
    Show me an East Side kid who regularly attends church with his family, and volunteers his time to do anything, especially fighting fire (insert chirping crickets sound here). It's like the Yeti or Sasquatch, often talked about, but seldom seen.
    I could show u many since I coached a lot of them. Seems you have a lot of prejudices and misconceptions

The suburban teen arsonist was member of the church and also a volunteer fireman.

The suburban teen arsonist was not a member of that church and was court ordered to do the volunteer svc.

Your attempt to compare a 3rd Degree Arsonist to an inner-city savage who would use an illegal handgun to kill you for your NIkes and cell phone is weak and without merit.
    Your attempt to make a little suburban monster that would torch of all things a church into some nice guy that just made a mistake is without merit. He should have went to jail.

Your response answers my original question though. Thanks.
    Last edited by steven; June 9th, 2007 at 01:01 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information