Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Boy...The Gripes, the Gripes are Calling

Post Danny Boy...The Gripes, the Gripes are Calling

Upon reading the Lancaster Source's October 11, 2010, "Steam" section, I came across a remark that should anger every single resident of the Village of Lancaster during this time of political upheaval. "Joe" from Lancaster illuminated the fact that the former Village Code Enforcement Officer, Danny Rinow, has made a shady lateral move from his post as Garbage-Can-Monitor-In-Chief to Village Judge! This is a travesty! Danny Rinow and his family have been sucking off the public tit for far too long and I am encouraging a protest against a man, who is beyond unfit for the post of an acting justice in our community. Please allow me to explain.

Danny Rinow is probably most famous for his cross-dressing theatrics as a Lancaster Police Department Dumshoe...I mean Gumshoe. He was a long-time detective for the LPD, spending most of his time cutting lawns on the side with his business partner and former wife-beating Police Officer, Dale "Hit-me-baby 1 more time" Horn. Dale and Danny had a knack for soliciting the business of elderly women throughout the Village to perform landscaping duties for them, in what is thought to be an attempt to sneak into their Will & Testaments. Dale was successful a few times, and I'm sure Danny was a beneficiary here and there. Even though his partner-in-slime, Horn, landed himself a two year term in the Pen for domestic violence and violation of his monitored probation, Danny can still be seen during the summer months, cruising around town with his pick-up truck and a barrage of lawn equipment loosely assembled on his open-trailer, sporting his famous black bandanna! It’s a beautiful sight!

But for Danny, landscaping wasn’t paying enough. After his buddy, landed himself in the pen, Danny landed himself yet another ham-handed, post-retirement job as the Village Code Enforcement Officer, aka the "Garbage Can Lid Guy"! Yes, it's true! The Village came up with a brilliant idea to stop the ever-looming "rat problem", by making garbage can lids mandatory on all Village Residents' trash cans. A beautiful public policy scheme to create another asinine job for....GUESS WHO...Danny Rinow! Danny took the post very seriously. He would wake up bright and early, and using the gumshoe skills he learned during his time with the LPD, combined with his knowledge of yards and lawns from his current side-job as elder lawn care extraordinaire, Danny would snap photos of open garbage cans with a digital camera provided by the Village! The Village residents who he “caught” were then fined and prosecuted for their heinous crime! What a fulfilling job that must've been. Please keep in mind that I have lived in the Village for 27 years and have never seen a rat....except for Danny and the people that keep supporting him.

BUT WAIT...I have learned there's more! After Dick(Det.) Rinow took heat for his practices as the Garbage Lid Gestapo, he was relieved of his duties and went into hiding for some time. Where did he hide? I do not know, but I suspect it was crouched down, on his knees, underneath the Village Board round-table, where he only surfaced to take a breath or two, because Danny is now the Judge. Well....not THE Judge, just A judge. That's right, a landscaper is our Village Judge! This is unconscionable. It is a complete disgrace to the Court, the State of New York, and our legal system as a whole. Rinow, with little-to-know education is taking part in the prosecution of Village residents! But, he isn't the only Rinow to continuously collect a check from the Village. His wife does too! This type of patronage must end! The recycling of useless trash (pun intended), like Dan Rinow, from one tax payer funded position to another must end! We must flood the Village Board Meeting on October 25, and demand answers!

Danny Rinow---When will you stop stealing from the taxpayers? Is it not enough that you already have one bloated, taxpayer funded pension? Is it not enough you are collecting a Village check already, via your wife? Have you not harassed the taxpayers of this community enough? When does it end?
    Get a life, get an education, and get a real job...Maybe you'll learn something. Or maybe you won't learn until you’re on the other side of the law; or on the other side of the bench, just like your pal Dale. Resign and save yourself some dignity.

Join me! End the insanity! More to come...

Wow, what a story. Who put him in this position? Was it the Mayor? If you feel this is wrong, you are doing the right thing and bring as many people you can to a town board meeting and voice your concerns.

If he is really this slimey~~good luck then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    Upon reading the Lancaster Source's October 11, 2010, "Steam" section, I came across a remark that should anger every single resident of the Village of Lancaster during this time of political upheaval. "Joe" from Lancaster illuminated the fact that the former Village Code Enforcement Officer, Danny Rinow, has made a shady lateral move from his post as Garbage-Can-Monitor-In-Chief to Village Judge! This is a travesty! Danny Rinow and his family have been sucking off the public tit for far too long and I am encouraging a protest against a man, who is beyond unfit for the post of an acting justice in our community. Please allow me to explain.

Danny Rinow is probably most famous for his cross-dressing theatrics as a Lancaster Police Department Dumshoe...I mean Gumshoe. He was a long-time detective for the LPD, spending most of his time cutting lawns on the side with his business partner and former wife-beating Police Officer, Dale "Hit-me-baby 1 more time" Horn. Dale and Danny had a knack for soliciting the business of elderly women throughout the Village to perform landscaping duties for them, in what is thought to be an attempt to sneak into their Will & Testaments. Dale was successful a few times, and I'm sure Danny was a beneficiary here and there. Even though his partner-in-slime, Horn, landed himself a two year term in the Pen for domestic violence and violation of his monitored probation, Danny can still be seen during the summer months, cruising around town with his pick-up truck and a barrage of lawn equipment loosely assembled on his open-trailer, sporting his famous black bandanna! It’s a beautiful sight!

But for Danny, landscaping wasn’t paying enough. After his buddy, landed himself in the pen, Danny landed himself yet another ham-handed, post-retirement job as the Village Code Enforcement Officer, aka the "Garbage Can Lid Guy"! Yes, it's true! The Village came up with a brilliant idea to stop the ever-looming "rat problem", by making garbage can lids mandatory on all Village Residents' trash cans. A beautiful public policy scheme to create another asinine job for....GUESS WHO...Danny Rinow! Danny took the post very seriously. He would wake up bright and early, and using the gumshoe skills he learned during his time with the LPD, combined with his knowledge of yards and lawns from his current side-job as elder lawn care extraordinaire, Danny would snap photos of open garbage cans with a digital camera provided by the Village! The Village residents who he “caught” were then fined and prosecuted for their heinous crime! What a fulfilling job that must've been. Please keep in mind that I have lived in the Village for 27 years and have never seen a rat....except for Danny and the people that keep supporting him.

BUT WAIT...I have learned there's more! After Dick(Det.) Rinow took heat for his practices as the Garbage Lid Gestapo, he was relieved of his duties and went into hiding for some time. Where did he hide? I do not know, but I suspect it was crouched down, on his knees, underneath the Village Board round-table, where he only surfaced to take a breath or two, because Danny is now the Judge. Well....not THE Judge, just A judge. That's right, a landscaper is our Village Judge! This is unconscionable. It is a complete disgrace to the Court, the State of New York, and our legal system as a whole. Rinow, with little-to-know education is taking part in the prosecution of Village residents! But, he isn't the only Rinow to continuously collect a check from the Village. His wife does too! This type of patronage must end! The recycling of useless trash (pun intended), like Dan Rinow, from one tax payer funded position to another must end! We must flood the Village Board Meeting on October 25, and demand answers!

Danny Rinow---When will you stop stealing from the taxpayers? Is it not enough that you already have one bloated, taxpayer funded pension? Is it not enough you are collecting a Village check already, via your wife? Have you not harassed the taxpayers of this community enough? When does it end?
    Get a life, get an education, and get a real job...Maybe you'll learn something. Or maybe you won't learn until you’re on the other side of the law; or on the other side of the bench, just like your pal Dale. Resign and save yourself some dignity.

no.no more. this post is vile. i don't know this person, but i feel like i know you now and you need to deal with this a different way.

You've lived there for how many years, and have never seen a rat in the village? Pictures of rats in the village were posted on this website, on the following link.

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2692.shtml Rats! What rats? Oh, those rats.

The fine schedule for not having a lid on your garbage can is as follows: 1st offense: A NOTIFICATION. (In other words, you are notified you need to put a lid on your can. If you do, you will have no further problems.) 2nd offense: $25 (Unless you could prove you bought lids and are using them.)

Lurking around the village early in the morning with a camera (a tool needed to legally prove there was no lid) was part of the job and not a nefarious plot against the residents.

The Acting Village Justice is budged at around $5,000 a year.

I may be wrong on this and will check it out. The Acting Justice doesn't get a salary. They get paid when the Village Justice is unavailable and the Acting Justice's services are needed.

By law, a Village Justice does not need to be a lawyer. Dan Rinow is a retired police officer which gives him higher credentials than some other local Village Justice's.

Starting a lawn care business after retirement is not a negative. Some would consider it a sign of ambition.

Unless you have proof he was taking advantage of widows, that accusation is slanderous. (It may not be legal slander because he's a public official, but to me it's slanderous.)

Oh yeah, and before you accuse me of being his buddy, I've only met Dan once. I've seen him often at Village Board meetings, but I've only talked to him once.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    You've lived there for how many years, and have never seen a rat in the village? Pictures of rats in the village were posted on this website, on the following link.

The fine schedule for not having a lid on your garbage can is as follows: 1st offense: A NOTIFICATION. (In other words, you are notified you need to put a lid on your can. If you do, you will have no further problems.) 2nd offense: $25 (Unless you could prove you bought lids and are using them.)

Lurking around the village early in the morning with a camera (a tool needed to legally prove there was no lid) was part of the job and not a nefarious plot against the residents.

I may be wrong on this and will check it out. The Acting Justice doesn't get a salary. They get paid when the Village Justice is unavailable and the Acting Justice's services are needed.

By law, a Village Justice does not need to be a lawyer. Dan Rinow is a retired police officer which gives him higher credentials than some other local Village Justice's.

Starting a lawn care business after retirement is not a negative. Some would consider it a sign of ambition.

Unless you have proof he was taking advantage of widows, that accusation is slanderous. (It may not be legal slander because he's a public official, but to me it's slanderous.)

Oh yeah, and before you accuse me of being his buddy, I've only met Dan once. I've seen him often at Village Board meetings, but I've only talked to him once.
    you rock.

i don't know this poster, but it offends me that he used this site for what could be a personal vendetta. that's not why rez started speakup. i hate to see it polluted like that.

anyway, thanks again.

Lightbulb Warning! Giant Rat Problem! Lock the Dumpsters and hide your Children!

Tisk Tisk....Mr. Howell.

When did you become such a party "Lap Dog"? I am shocked and disheartened that a taxpayer-advocate, like yourself, would defend such a practice of clandestine operations on our personal garbage cans! The monitoring of Village residents' garbage cans was an arbitrary practice invented in ascension. It was a job handed to a man, who has had every job handed to him, in order justify the position he held. No wonder so many Code Enforcement complaints went unaddressed and are currently backlogged. A day of garbage picking can really take time off the Ol' Ron Ruffino Clock! If ya know what I mean.

In fact, it is no longer enforced. It is no longer enforced because a very intelligent Village resident brought up a valid point: What about Como Park? Yes! Como Park, with all its open-air- green-barrel trash cans and litter, was exempt from the new garbage can lid ordinance, because it is County Property. Como Park lay at the center of the Village and regardless if individual residents had abided by the law or not, they would still be subject to the so-called "rats". However, Village residents, like myself, who have never seen a rat, were introduced to a new rodent: now "Acting" Judge Danny Rinow. But enough on him, we'll wait until October the 25th, to see how the Board responds to this obvious act of Patronage.

Perhaps my general point is not shining through the area of gray that I have been espousing. Maybe I need to focus on the generalities, rather than then the individuals who we let distract us from our overall goals. The individuals who continue to blockade political discourse, for their own meager benefits. To me, Danny Rinow is the perfect metaphor, among the many like him, which exist in our community. The metaphors that we ultimately pay for. Perhaps, I shall take my own advice and focus on the issues.

I came here to unite your cause, but it seems I have become quite divisive in nature. And perhaps that is the crux of our cause: We are all divided. For this I apologize. As for pointing out the "Danny Rinows(s)" of the world, I do not apologize. I will call out a new pervasion of tax payers' dollars every week, until we are all on the same page. Unite we shall! Because no matter what is being disagreed on across this forum, we all agree on one thing: we are being hosed! It’s time to CUT, CUT, CUT! No more bogus pay raises that the community has no input on!

As for the rats: You're right, there are many of them, Mr. Howell; throughout our entire County. But they are not the ones shown in the link you previously posted. Garbage can lids will not stop these rats form reproducing, infecting, and eventually plaguing our community. The buboes these rats carry must be thwarted by central organization and quick action. These rats are not interested in my 50 gallon garbage can, they are DUMPSTER DIVERS. To solve this rat problem, we must bring in more hawks! And that is exactly what we will do!

Mr.Howell: Thank you for your private message. I agree with you, but I am utterly shocked in your defense of such a disservice to the taxpayer. I am floored that you would support individuals, who, whenever they are out of work, or merely bored; decide it is ok to reach into my pocket and into your pocket for another "hand-out". I do not do the PM thing, but please feel free to e-mail me at crankyanchor11@yahoo.com.

Regards,

TheNewGuy

Tisk Tisk....Mr. Howell.

When did you become such a party "Lap Dog"? I am shocked and disheartened that a taxpayer-advocate, like yourself, would defend such a practice of clandestine operations on our personal garbage cans! The monitoring of Village residents' garbage cans was an arbitrary practice invented in ascension.

yada...

yada...

blah...

blah...

I am floored that you would support individuals, who, whenever they are out of work, or merely bored; decide it is ok to reach into my pocket and into your pocket for another "hand-out". I do not do the PM thing, but please feel free to e-mail me at crankyanchor11@yahoo.com.

Regards,

TheNewGuy

^^^

Meow, baby

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post

well put

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001 View Post
    no.no more. this post is vile. i don't know this person, but i feel like i know you now and you need to deal with this a different way.
    yes, they have professionals that deal with this kind of problem,.........seek one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangodown View Post
    well put
    Tango not so fast......

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Tango not so fast......
    I couldn't resist the humor.............he needs to go about it in a different way or nobody will take him seriously.

I couldn't resist the humor.............he needs to go about it in a different way or nobody will take him seriously.
    You are right about that one. I agree there is a better way to deliver a message. It sounds like this person was burned by someone in the political arena.

To me a person that can't express themselves with clarity and to the point is doing two things: 1. bating people~~~~and or ....
    2. are a coward

You are right about that one. I agree there is a better way to deliver a message. It sounds like this person was burned by someone in the political arena.

To me a person that can't express themselves with clarity and to the point is doing two things: 1. bating people~~~~and or ....
    2. are a coward
    Part in bold: Can u trust someone who is a politician? They'll burn you as quickly as they got burned........it's about their own agenda and self preservation, not yours.

Part in bold: Can u trust someone who is a politician? They'll burn you as quickly as they got burned........it's about their own agenda and self preservation, not yours.
    Exactly, so what the heck do we do~~look at what Paladino is doing, for goodness sakes he is starting to get like crazy now. I know our goal is to vote out all incumbents but heck what a delimma. And what about our candidate here in Lancaster Caetano----no campaigning, no signs, nothing and the elections are in a few weeks.

Exactly, so what the heck do we do~~look at what Paladino is doing, for goodness sakes he is starting to get like crazy now. I know our goal is to vote out all incumbents but heck what a delimma. And what about our candidate here in Lancaster Caetano----no campaigning, no signs, nothing and the elections are in a few weeks.
    Move.........LOL.........just kidding. I'm not involved in politics, so I can't comment on the failures of the political parties campaigns or lack thereof. I'd still vote against the incumbent regardless who ran against them just to prove a point = the politicians work for us.....or they are supposed to. Seriously though........I don't trust any politician regardless of Party affiliation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information