Thread: Town Crew doing private work.

Town Crew doing private work.

Oh, boy Hiccup Marks crew caught restring flag pole on Borden road. Not unusual for town crews to due this over the years. :eek

The Cheektowaga Town Board will look into a complaint that a town highway crew assigned to a bucket truck restrung rope on a flagpole on private property, a councilman said. What happened at the property in May doesn't appear to be an isolated occurrence.

"Too much of this stuff has been buried, and I commend the people that finally came forward," Councilman Jerry Kaminski said at Tuesday's Town Board meeting. "This is taxpayers' money that has been wasted for years." Kaminski making comments like this is dumb. Jerry, you own a business for years where town equipment was sent for dump boxes, plows, salters, mud flaps with your business name all over them lift gates. That is free advertisement on town-owned trucks. You are as guilty as anyone else even so you put the kid's name on everything. I think there was a little investigation with you and a local collision shop in dealings. I would like to have Ron Plants look into how many trucks you did for the town over the last 13 years.

Again politicians have been elected over and over for years in this town. Happy hour Mark needs to go along with Jerry.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Restringing a flagpole turns into flap over Cheektowaga highway crew on private property

The Cheektowaga Town Board will look into a complaint that a town highway crew assigned to a bucket truck restrung rope on a flagpole on private property, a councilman said.

What happened at the property in May doesn't appear to be an isolated occurrence.

"Too much of this stuff has been buried, and I commend the people that finally came forward," Councilman Jerry Kaminski said at Tuesday's Town Board meeting. "This is taxpayers' money that has been wasted for years."

Highway Superintendent Mark Wegner said there was nothing wrong with what the town crew did.

The owner of the property on Borden Road called and asked if the town could restring his flag pole because the rope had broken over the winter.

"All they did was they reached over and put the rope on so the guy can fly the American flag. This is just ridiculous," Wegner said. "We've helped out a lot of people, if we can reach it."

Wegner, who has been highway superintendent for 14 years, said he does not say yes to every request.

"A lady wanted us to put a flag pole up for her. We don’t put flagpoles up, but if you need the rope put in and we can reach it, we’ll help you," Wegner said.

Attorney Paul D. Weiss, who represents the highway workers' union, raised the Borden Road work at the Town Board meeting. In May, a member of the public took video of the flagpole assistance, Weiss said. The practice of town workers doing work on private property has been going on for several years, Weiss said.

There are similar photographs at the same location in 2020, and town crews also installed a light on the pole, he said.

Employees did not say anything because they feared retribution, according to Weiss.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/r..._wCZPujAqai_ME

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Kaminski making comments like this is dumb.

I was surprised he commented on the topic. No disrespect but this is happening on his watch.

I'm surprised the employees don't have an open door to the supervisor.

"Employees did not say anything because they feared retribution, according to Weiss. "

They should feel comfortable bringing this up to the person in charge of the town without fear of any retribution.

But then again we have a conflict of interest on the town board. Diane is still party vice chair or something like that. That should not be allowed.

There are people who want to get rid of Mark and others as elections get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I was surprised he commented on the topic. No disrespect but this is happening on his watch.

I'm surprised the employees don't have an open door to the supervisor.

"Employees did not say anything because they feared retribution, according to Weiss. "

They should feel comfortable bringing this up to the person in charge of the town without fear of any retribution.

But then again we have a conflict of interest on the town board. Diane is still party vice chair or something like that. That should not be allowed.

There are people who want to get rid of Mark and others as elections get closer.
    Res wagner needed to go two elections ago but is still there. protecting all his buddies while in office. Bs "Employees did not say anything because they feared retribution. has nothing to do with the union contract.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information