Frightworld closed for a few days due to violence from black gangs...

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...90412&catid=37

Sucks, I was looking forward to bring my little nephew and niece again this year. Thanks alot!

AMHERST, NY - For a second straight week Amherst Police were called to Frightworld on Sheridan Drive, to break up fights involving large groups of teenagers in the parking lot.

Saturday night 40 people were involved in one brawl alone.

Captain Stephen McGonagles says say one person was taken to the hospital.

"A girl had gone to Sister's Hospital to report a head injury," McGonagles said. "She reported she was struck in the head with what she believes to be a handgun."

Police say they never found a gun, but recovered a knife at the scene.

As families arrived Sunday night for some ghoulish fun, Frightworld General Manager, Stephen Szortyka, had to turn them away.

He says the popular Halloween attraction will stay closed until Tuesday night.

"It was a decision that had to be made unfortunately," Szortyka said.

For the next two days, Szortyka will meet with Amherst Police to focus on public safety policies.

"Safety is our number one priority" Szortyka says. "I train my management team. Their number one focus is to make sure that all of the ticket takers, and make sure all of our front customer facing actors as well as our employees are safe and secure."

Amherst Police say Frightworld is cooperating with their recommendations, and helping to keep their customers safe.

"From last week to this week they tripled security which has consisted of off duty police officers." Captain McGonagles goes on to say, "They've made modifications to the lighting inside Frightworld."

This extra safety measure is aimed at giving police officers a better view of the crowds, and helping keep things under control when Frightworld re-opens its doors again.

Szortyka hoping things get back to "normal," and customers will return to a popluar attraction that's been open the past 9 years.

"We hope that you know they come back next weekend you know. Starting on Thursday October 14th, we're going to be open every single night."

Amherst Police say they will increase their patrols in and around the area of Frightworld starting Tuesday night.

The girl that was taken to the hospital has since been released, after receiving a few stitches to her head.