Thread: Carl cashes in on campaigning for NYers

Unregistered

Carl cashes in on campaigning for NYers

I thought he was running because he was mad as hell?

In this NY Daily News article it says:

Since last spring, Paladino has steered at least $1.9 million in campaign money to seven separate companies he controls, paying himself to buy TV ads, provide space for campaign offices and even hire an accountant.
    Is Carl Paladino really mad, or is he just smiling all the way to the bank undetected to his faithful band of supporters?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz11WYxKPvI

The author of that story is either naive or deceptive.

All candidates direct their campaign spending to friends and family.

More importantly, it doesn't sound like Carl is paying himself - he is merely using his corporations to acquire goods and services from others - most of which are probably friends and family like every other politician.

I'll bet Cuomo has all his girlfriends on the payroll...oh wait, we aren't suppose to be discussing character of the candidates anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Hscout View Post
    I thought he was running because he was mad as hell?

In this NY Daily News article it says:

Is Carl Paladino really mad, or is he just smiling all the way to the bank undetected to his faithful band of supporters?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz11WYxKPvI
    You realize that Carl is pretty much 99% self funded right? but hey ignorance MUST be bliss!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Since last spring, Paladino has steered at least $1.9 million in campaign money to seven separate companies he controls, paying himself to buy TV ads, provide space for campaign offices and even hire an accountant.
    Why wouldn't you do that?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    You realize that Carl is pretty much 99% self funded right? but hey ignorance MUST be bliss!
    that too...good thinking... NOW if we can get CARL to think before he speaks because the line of "It's just the way I am" will get old. You still have to act like a governor.

Id rather have him paying for his own campaigning cost through his businesses than taking bribes from the crooks that have been controlling this State for the last 50 years or more...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    Id rather have him paying for his own campaigning cost through his businesses than taking bribes from the crooks that have been controlling this State for the last 50 years or more...
    That too. I'd like to see ALL the stuff Albany buys to operate to go threw WNY. All to locally owned businesses. There's a little WNY boost for ya.

Unregistered
    All to locally owned businesses.
    Your candidate Carl seems only interested in one particular "locally owned business", his own. There are seven separate companies he controls getting all of the (non government) local business your fond of supporting. Doesn't anyone see the irony in all of this?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Your candidate Carl seems only interested in one particular "locally owned business", his own. There are seven separate companies he controls getting all of the (non government) local business your fond of supporting. Doesn't anyone see the irony in all of this?
    I have no problem with that. I just want what ever spending we truly don't need cut. As i said before give carl a 10 mil bonus if he hits the goal...

Unregistered
    Do you mean that Carl hasn't already hit on that 10 mil bonus in government subsidies and tax breaks by now?

Do you mean that Carl hasn't already hit on that 10 mil bonus in government subsidies and tax breaks by now?
    Do you know anything about economics or running a business? Because your comments point out you don't.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Lets give him a carrot. You keep your promises of trying to cut spending and taxes. You hit the that goal we give you another $10,000,000 dollars plus $1,000,000 for each percentage he hits above his goal. Would be an excellent investment for the non-government laborer/non-government business owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Do you know anything about economics or running a business? Because your comments point out you don't.
    Exactly. Why would you pay an outside firm, which will want to make a profit (say 10% - 30%), when you can have 100% of your funds go towards the services you want rendered?

Thread Information