Thread: $3 million in tax breaks equals grand total of 25 new jobs.

Unregistered

$3 million in tax breaks equals grand total of 25 new jobs.

To justify tax breaks in one instance, he sold a dozen vacant lots he owned to himself and claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars in "real property investments." Seven years later, these "investments" remain what they were - vacant lots.

His Empire Zone investments consisted mostly of renovating his own buildings - $19 million worth. He completed no new construction and brought no new businesses in any of his Empire Zone projects.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz11bZ5x37h

That's because they pay the rent for many of his Empire Zone buildings tenants: state agencies, from the Department of Transportation to the state controller to the Erie County Department of Social Services. There are 20 publicly funded leases in all. Caputo did not answer any questions regarding what percentage of Paladino's rent comes from the government.

how long were each of those jobs?
    $3MM/25 is $120K a year, which is really about about a $80K a year salary (based on that 3MM being spent on 1 year only).

Hey didn't you hear about LA county that created a handful of jobs with $115MM?? And before you say that was LA's money... it wasn't it was from the ARRA, which is EVERYONE's money...

"Caputo did not answer any questions regarding what percentage of Paladino's rent comes from the government. "

Why should he, his companies are PRIVATE companies... they aren't public. The same could be said about Silver, why won't he release who his client lists are? Isn't being 1 of 3 people who decide how $138 BILLION dollars is spent a conflict of interest when a lot of it DOES go to Silvers clients?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    As I said before. I don't care. I just want my taxes cut and spending cut.

Send Satan in. I don't care who does it. No more status quo.

Unregistered
    No more status quo.
    Isn't this a version of the same old status quo?

His Empire Zone investments consisted mostly of renovating his own buildings - $19 million worth. He completed no new construction and brought no new businesses in any of his Empire Zone projects.

"Caputo did not answer any questions regarding what percentage of Paladino's rent comes from the government. "

Why should he, his companies are PRIVATE companies... they aren't public.
    When the companies are getting public dollars for Empire Zones and "job creations" that produce very little jobs they should be answering to someone about the rents they are making from our tax dollars. Carl said on the Today show yesterday about Cuomo,

we want him (Cuomo) to answer to obama care, we want him to answer for the reckless mandates that are out there right now.
    How can Carl request answers of Andy when he's not forth coming himself on the earning of government rents? Carl is on every talk show now complaining about feeding off the trough for so long, doesn't anyone know that $3 million is government money is probably the biggest break in Erie County?

Quote Originally Posted by Hscout View Post

How can Carl request answers of Andy when he's not forth coming himself on the earning of government rents? Carl is on every talk show now complaining about feeding off the trough for so long, doesn't anyone know that $3 million is government money is probably the biggest break in Erie County?
    Where have you been, he get's 10 million in rents, 5 million from the state. Of which Cuomo wigned off on EVERY ONE and they are ALL below market rate...

but I guess you'd rather pay higher taxes...
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    but I guess you'd rather pay higher taxes...
    but in all the time Carl Paladino has been getting tax breaks and Empire Zone cash (he reinvested therein to his own companies) we have been paying higher taxes. Couldn't that be constituted as status quo just as easily? This candidate for governor, mad as hell about feeding off the trough, got his companies off the ground through the same trough he's now campaigning against.

Read the NY Daily Post again about Carl Paladino justifying the tax breaks:

he sold a dozen vacant lots he owned to himself and claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars in "real property investments." Seven years later, these "investments" remain what they were - vacant lots.
    The Empire Zone is about building business in Buffalo, Carl's only interest is about getting government funding for his own Empire Zone companies, then reinvesting to his own companies with government money under the same Zone he's been getting cash from. Who is the status quo NOW? Carl cashed in on Empire Zone, then cashed into tax breaks through renovations of those same companies. If anyone thinks Paladino is anti-government ensentives, they need to know who has been funding his own paycheck in almost a decade, Carl Paladino has made his millions from the NYS government, that means the taxpayers, that means we have been paying higher taxes before he became "Carl the Candidate". Carl Paladino has always been cashing in off the taxpayers of NYS. How can he represent taxpayers against the tax breaks that has made him a his millions?

In short, since Carl Paladino has been a "businessman" in Buffalo, we have had to pay higher taxes.

Thread Information