Thread: National Grid proposes record rate hikes as two states find fraud and abuse

Angry National Grid proposes record rate hikes as two states find fraud and abuse

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...tes-find-frau/

Attorney General Martha Coakley called for an audit of National Grid's books and accused the utility of "routinely and brazenly" padding its rate increase proposal with employee expenses. If the increase goes through, it would add as much as $175 a year to customers' bills, the steepest hike in Massachusetts history.
    The backlash over the utility's proposed rate increase is not limited to the Bay State. U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer (D-New York) also asked state regulators to reject an even steeper rate hike -- $390 million -- until they investigate possible improper charges.
    Now using the articles math, an increase of $104 million works out to $175 a year, more money for less energy....or, about $15 more per month on your eletric bill for Mass...

However, for NY, a 390 million increase, would translate to an increase on our current electric bill of about $51.. per month... which would more than double my electric bill...
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...pstate_el.html

In addition, electric sales are down because of the recession, necessitating a higher rate per kilowatt-hour.
    Remember, the less energy you use, the less energy you get (pay for)
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    He has a point. I use less natural gas yet I pay more. I'm making it easier for them to store less gas yet they charge more. We are being screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    He has a point. I use less natural gas yet I pay more. I'm making it easier for them to store less gas yet they charge more. We are being screwed.
    The funny part is they tell you yo contact them for more ways to save on Natural gas, and they offer you discounts if you'll buy energy star/gas efficient appliances...Then they turn around and raise your rates because usage is down...

Thread Information