Thread: If police contract was so great, then why weren't the raises&bonuses linkedto savings

Unregistered

Angry If police contract was so great, then why weren't the raises&bonuses linkedto savings

I read a comment from a State Arbitrator saying that unions deserve "x" concessions because its not the employees fault that government isn't more efficient. Truth is that its the unions and the state mandates and the patronage machine that do not allow government to restructure itself. I do believe in unions and I do believe in a social responsibility to help those in need.

For instance, if the raises and bonuses were contingent upon achieving the expected savings goals from manpower reduction and overtime elimination, then I would have supported the contract but there is no contract contingency except for more money from the state. No one negotiates a contract without contingencies (responsibilities and obligations).

Same goes for the ECIDA, same goes for Enterprise Zones, same goes for block grants, etc.

Anytime money is transacted, there has to be a return on investment. If a company or a business receives money for a contract, then there should be a contract that clearly states what is to be received in return and if not, then the money is returned.

This is standard practice in Rochester, so why isn't Buffalo negotiating any payback contingencies.

Unregistered
    Yes pay back.

How many acutal firms hit thier goals for getting the incentive packages they were given to move from buffalo to the burbs? They should be prorated over the time length of the incentive pack.

If at 25% of the incentive time period the goal isn't accomplish by a given level the incentive should dimish by that percentage.

Has anyone calculated the amount of money not generated by the people that were given the incentive packs?

Thread Information