Thread: NYSEG Rates Going Up

NYSEG Rates Going Up

By CARA MATTHEWS
    Gannett Albany Bureau

ALBANY - The New York State Public Service Commission approved a 40-month rate-hike plan today for New York State Electric & Gas and Rochester Gas & Electric corporations.

The new rates for electric and gas delivery take effect Sept. 25.
    A typical NYSEG customer will see a monthly increase of $16.88 by September 2012. For RG&E ratepayers, the typical monthly bill will go up by $14.88 over three years.

all rates are listed on this site
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...86882&catid=13

Since the rate increases are on the delivery charges, it will affect ALL of us who have chosen to purchase our electric from alternative companies.

Georgia L Schlager

They want you to be energy efficient but then they don't generate 'enough' revenue so they screw ya anyways, b.s.!!!! Then they pull 'cheapest in the state' crap. Let's compare that to other states instead, frigging criminals! Take it a step further, by their thinking, another way to put this fleecing, we will also be charged more for those who left this state. Yeah, energy consumption is down but so is the population, so we who are still residing in N.Y.S. can make up the difference?

ya that whole 'use less pay less' clogan of National Grid and NYSEG is a joke... what it ultimately comes down to, is paying more for the same product, yet using less of said product. the more you 'conserve' and 'go green' the more it will cost. your not saving ANYTHING to 'conserve'
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Hey, going green takes a lot of green.

Wait until your electric bill goes up $400 a month to pay for recharging the electric car the government mandates you to buy to replace your ungreen gas burner that now uses $100 of gas a month.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

I also forgot to mention that there will be a tax increase of some sort somewhere. This will be to make up for current gas taxes which are 18.4 cents per gallon federal and 59.6 cents per gallon state. Of course the thing I think is most creative about gas taxes is that we also pay sales tax on the taxes and we'll need to make up for that somewhere too.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

in 2008, While working for a family member for the day, we were working in NF at the power plant. and as usual, forgot my cell phone at home but,.. I wouldnt have believed it had I not seen it with my own 2 eyes...

Hundreds, upon hundreds, upon hundreds, of BRAND NEW Ford trucks, and cars, for the Power Authority... there had to be a thousands cars in this lot.

So much for the Power Authority not having any money

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    in 2008, While working for a family member for the day, we were working in NF at the power plant. and as usual, forgot my cell phone at home but,.. I wouldnt have believed it had I not seen it with my own 2 eyes...

Hundreds, upon hundreds, upon hundreds, of BRAND NEW Ford trucks, and cars, for the Power Authority... there had to be a thousands cars in this lot.

So much for the Power Authority not having any money
    Most people forget that last year, when NYS had a budget hole, they filled part of it by grabbing $550 million that the power authority just happened to have laying around. It takes a lot of overcharging to pile up over half a billion.

Do you really think NYS just stole the entire Power Authorities piggy bank? chances are they took a drop in the bucket. We are massively over charged for all utilities except water.

In all honesty, I see no recourse against the blatent price gouging except resorting to violance, which wont solve anything since 80% of americans are bunch of push over panzies

Thread Information