Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: political signs

political signs

only two people went against the agreement to not place political signs in Orchard Park, Paladino and DiPietro all the rest kept to the agreement. I hate all the signs. drive around OP these two are the only ones I saw signs for
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    only two people went against the agreement to not place political signs in Orchard Park, Paladino and DiPietro all the rest kept to the agreement. I hate all the signs. drive around OP these two are the only ones I saw signs for
    You can add Kennedy to the list, a gigantic Kennedy sign is now on Abbott Road, maybe a mile or two down the road from Ralph Wilson Stadium. Could someone let Kennedy know about the agreement?

A call to the OP building inspector will take care of that.....
    Fully stimulated...

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by ResWatchDog; October 24th, 2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Wrong post

>> A call to the OP building inspector will take care of that..... <<

Will it? If the OP Building Inspector were interested in really doing his job, he would be picking up all the many road side non-political signs that are in so many places all around town.

The sign thing is silly. I mean we live in America - the 1st Amendment protects individual rights to free expression. Just because a group of Orchard Park politicos have sign issues does not mean that residents don't have a right to express their support of candidates. Are these guys for real?

What is political sign agreement and who is in charge of enforcing it? Why is it the building inspector's job? I thought it was the party bosses that were to police it?

Non-political roadside signs are everywhere, and they are not allowed by law. It is the building inspectors job to enforce this.

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    I'm not sure Paladino's people are actually putting signs on lawns. I thought that if you wanted a sign, you'd have to go to that barbershop in Lackawanna and put it up yourself.

Timberwolf did not address the question of political sign removal. In this agreement, who's responsibility is it?

>> Timberwolf did not address the question of political sign removal. In this agreement, who's responsibility is it? <<

Probably the responsibility belongs to whoever the agreement says it belongs to. Frankly, I do see a difference between a lawn sigh that says, "Chicken BBQ Dinner $10.00" and a sign that says, "Vote for Nancy Chicken".. They all should come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    >> Timberwolf did not address the question of political sign removal. In this agreement, who's responsibility is it? <<

Probably the responsibility belongs to whoever the agreement says it belongs to. Frankly, I do see a difference between a lawn sigh that says, "Chicken BBQ Dinner $10.00" and a sign that says, "Vote for Nancy Chicken".. They all should come down.
    I didn't know Nancy was running. She's probably a much better choice thann Paladino or Cuomo.

>> I didn't know Nancy was running. She's probably a much better choice thann Paladino or Cuomo. <<

Got that right...

The "agreement" favors the candidates with the most money. DiPietro, because he is not the tool of the special interests, has to use signs to get his message out there. The other guy is on TV with special interest money that must be repaid, if you know what I mean.

JO--DiPietro Campaign Attorney

PS: if you want to live in a more controlled environment, the free market gives you that option--condos.

I don't believe that the town of OP -- or any municipality -- can legally bar political signs from private property. Municipalities can bar signs of any and all kinds from the highway/street ROWs, but I don't think they can bar non-permanent political ones from private property. It's clearly a violation of the 1st amendment, and has probably been ruled such numerous times.

There might be an "agreement" among candidates to not put up political signs, but that's not enforceable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information