Thread: Taxpayer is so impersonal

Exclamation Taxpayer is so impersonal

All we hear about, is the 'taxpayer' like its some one else. when in reality, a tax payer is anyone who pays a tax, which is everyone. Seems to me, that the word 'taxpayer' is now the new 'go to guy' its become like a buzzword, like the word taxpayer doesnt rteally hold any weight anymore... that make sense?

maybe instead of using the hollow word taxpayer, mayber who should instead, adopt the words 'our money and our families money' because after all, it is the same thing, but, when you say like this: 'well the taxpayer is now on the hook for 700 billion dollars to send wealthy Bank CEO's to cancoon' to me, its like the word tax payer makes it sound LESS dramatic...

however, when you say, 'well me, my family and friends are now on the hook for 700 billion dollars to send wealthy Bank CEO's to cancoon'

see the difference?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    All we hear about, is the 'taxpayer' like its some one else. when in reality, a tax payer is anyone who pays a tax, which is everyone. Seems to me, that the word 'taxpayer' is now the new 'go to guy' its become like a buzzword, like the word taxpayer doesnt rteally hold any weight anymore... that make sense?

maybe instead of using the hollow word taxpayer, mayber who should instead, adopt the words 'our money and our families money' because after all, it is the same thing, but, when you say like this: 'well the taxpayer is now on the hook for 700 billion dollars to send wealthy Bank CEO's to cancoon' to me, its like the word tax payer makes it sound LESS dramatic...

however, when you say, 'well me, my family and friends are now on the hook for 700 billion dollars to send wealthy Bank CEO's to cancoon'

see the difference?
    I agree. It is just like referring to corporations and government entities as if they aren't people. As in "BP dumped on the US" rather than "[insert name of individuals] dumped on the people living along the Gulf coast under the disguise of the BP corporation."

We should start referring to actions and consequences on people rather than some nondescript class or entity

exactly, all too often, we use words that remove the persons from the cause and effet making actions less dramatic...

however when it doesnt have to do with big business or the govt, we name names.... such as.... that bus driver that killed four innocent people in syracuse over the week end...

instead of, 4 dead taxpayers as a result of an acident on the behalf og megabus corporation...

seems like certain words and phrases are used on purpose to seperate the news from those it affects
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I agree. It is just like referring to corporations and government entities as if they aren't people. As in "BP dumped on the US" rather than "[insert name of individuals] dumped on the people living along the Gulf coast under the disguise of the BP corporation."

We should start referring to actions and consequences on people rather than some nondescript class or entity
    So when Obama bankrupts he nation we can hold him and his admin personally and financially liable? Im good with that!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Thread Information