Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Mother, like daughter.

Like Mother, like daughter.

A mother pleaded guilty Tuesday to assaulting a teacher in May in front of her sixth-grade class in Charles Drew Magnet School.

Wendy Lashon Battle, 29, of Kehr Street, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of second-degree attempted assault for assaulting a teacher in May in front of her sixth-grade class in Charles Drew Magnet School.

Wendy Lashon Battle failed to attend a parent-teacher conference that had been scheduled for May 10 to deal with her complaints that the sixth-grade teacher singled out her daughter as a classroom troublemaker. (I wonder where that child could have picked up such anti-social behavior.)

Battle entered the classroom at about 10 a. m. the next day and repeatedly hit the teacher in front of her class.

Principal Denise Luka and Battle’s boyfriend pulled Battle away from the injured teacher, and Battle fled. She was taken into custody at her home before noon that day.

Now she is a felon, and probably can't get a job. I'm guessing she didn't have one before the incident either.

The mother has a boyfriend, but does the child have a father?

Story here

Ok the mom is 29 and the daughter is in sixth grade, normally sixth graders are around 11/ 12 years old ....... tough call ...

she missed the original teacher meeting / from what I understand with Buffalo teachers, pretty common

so sad
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    Ok the mom is 29 and the daughter is in sixth grade, normally sixth graders are around 11/ 12 years old ....... tough call ...

she missed the original teacher meeting / from what I understand with Buffalo teachers, pretty common

so sad
    Kids having kids....it will be the downfall of society, IMHO.

Very sad indeed.

Great this parent will become another school's problem.

What the hell is with parents attacking teachers?

Seriously something needs to be done in Buffalo with parenting.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    A mother pleaded guilty Tuesday to assaulting a teacher in May in front of her sixth-grade class in Charles Drew Magnet School.

Wendy Lashon Battle, 29, of Kehr Street, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of second-degree attempted assault for assaulting a teacher in May in front of her sixth-grade class in Charles Drew Magnet School.

Wendy Lashon Battle failed to attend a parent-teacher conference that had been scheduled for May 10 to deal with her complaints that the sixth-grade teacher singled out her daughter as a classroom troublemaker. (I wonder where that child could have picked up such anti-social behavior.)

Battle entered the classroom at about 10 a. m. the next day and repeatedly hit the teacher in front of her class.

Principal Denise Luka and Battle’s boyfriend pulled Battle away from the injured teacher, and Battle fled. She was taken into custody at her home before noon that day.

Now she is a felon, and probably can't get a job. I'm guessing she didn't have one before the incident either.

Story here

Im sure the apple wont fall far from the tree... another fine example of no respect for authority. This woman shouldnt even have her kids after that. If these are her coping skills can you imagine what goes on inside her home behind closed doors?

"Battle" seems to be an appropriate surname for this family

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Story here
    And people wonder where stereotypes come from...

I say if the shoe fits, wear it.

Well, just like every other "media" outlet, we should blame the teacher for this one. Must be the teacher was picking up their giant bonus check and when the teacher turned around the giant check must've knocked over the poor parent who had no choice but to resort to physical violence.

That's ok, schools should fix the bad parenting problem too. They should create jobs and train people ot fill those jobs and while we're at it cure cancer and bring peace to the world...

I can only imagine the composure this teacher attempted when Ms Battle showed up unannounced. I wonder if she suggested a new appointment?
    Last edited by buffy; September 28th, 2010 at 12:28 AM.

While we can all sit here on our high horses.... lets play the 'what if' game...

What if, this teacher and the mother has run in's in the past, and the teacher was rude to mommy on several occasions before hand?

What if, the teacher was singling out the child?
    What if the teacher was picking on said child to gain a reaction?
    What if the teacher was just a 'bitch'?
    What if, mommy had a job, but just lost her job due to down sizing or the business going bankrupt?
    What if, she was in a car accident, and now couldnt work?
    What if mommy, is ill? and doesnt have health insurance and its a serious illness?
    What if, daddy, while not in the picture, isnt causing problems?
    What if, mpmmy has a job but couldnt make the PT meeting due to her job and then said teacher berrated mommy infront of the whole class?

I find it hard to believe that a person would flat out attack someone unprovoked.

there are two sides to every story, and this story, by the media, clearly is taking the side of 'the teacher was an innocent victim' instead of saying, there was a physical altercation between mom and teacher, details will be realsed after trial.

Withe the responses thus far, the media has accomplished its goal. Make the teacher look innocent, and great, while making the struggling mother look bad, and mean. With out actually telling all the facts of the case, and with out us all knowing the facts of the case, you have all convicted this person.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Not one of your "what ifs" would justify an assault on a teacher, especially in front of children. I'm sure you're already aware of that.

I am all for chemically inducing comas into humans that cannot be rehabilitated within reasonable resources/parameters.

If and when the SHTF happens societies' tolerance for these miscreants will be zero.

Wow, I just read the article, and to be pragmatic, in my opinion only, whatever the problem might have been between parent and teacher~~the point remains that attacking the teacher was not appropriate behavior.

Irregardless of what the problem was/is or will be~~~you don't walk into school during classroom time and attack "the teacher." What kind of society do we live in where altercations are becoming commonplace?

Where did society leave off from communicating to punching peoples lights out?

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    While we can all sit here on our high horses.... lets play the 'what if' game...

What if, this teacher and the mother has run in's in the past, and the teacher was rude to mommy on several occasions before hand?

What if, the teacher was singling out the child?
    What if the teacher was picking on said child to gain a reaction?
    What if the teacher was just a 'bitch'?
    What if, mommy had a job, but just lost her job due to down sizing or the business going bankrupt?
    What if, she was in a car accident, and now couldnt work?
    What if mommy, is ill? and doesnt have health insurance and its a serious illness?
    What if, daddy, while not in the picture, isnt causing problems?
    What if, mpmmy has a job but couldnt make the PT meeting due to her job and then said teacher berrated mommy infront of the whole class?

What if, unless you are being physically threatened by another person, you don't physically attack that person, no matter how bad a day you might have had?

What if you act like a human instead of an animal?

Eh, Iraq wasnt physically threatening to harm the US.

Fishy, I bet, your one of those people who have NEVER, EVER in your life, flew off the handle... did somnething you regretted?

and, the physical altercation that this news story portrays is one of an all out brawl between said parent and said teacher... regardless, I am willing to bet there is ALOT more to this story than what the news is reporting.

Lets not forget, teachers are apart of the govt body, and well, we can see, how well of a job public education has done with our young people.

Does it excuse the action of said parent? maybe not, but there is most likely a larger issue at hand here, which is quietly being swept under the rug.

I say maybe not, only because 9 out of 10 times it takes EXTREME actions, to make a difference
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information