Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA) resignations

I must say Lynn Ruda is the definitely the voice of reason on that LIDA board

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I must say Lynn Ruda is the definitely the voice of reason on that LIDA board
    I am becoming more and more favorably impressed with Mayor Ruda. She was very engaged and Certainly did her homework.

Rinow was spot on in his observations, and correct in calling-out what I would term the "sabotaged" transition, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 12th, 2022 at 08:43 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    I am becoming more and more favorably impressed with Mayor Ruda. She was very engaged and Certainly did her homework.
    Yes, she is always on point and a good financial watchdog. Especially since that Braun seemed to be a gluttonous money hungry pilot biller.
    She does get a stipend for pilot billing. She seemed to represent the pilot billing as not part of her job.

Georgia L Schlager

Yes, she is...on point and a good financial watchdog.
    I was also very impressed with Member Kevin Lemaster's full engagement on the solar farms project. He is truly an asset to the LIDA Board and an outstanding voice for the concerned residents.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Especially since that Braun seemed to be a gluttonous money hungry pilot biller.
    She does get a stipend for pilot billing. She seemed to represent the pilot billing as not part of her job.
    This comment, IMHO, seems to be somewhat unfair Ms. Gorja.

Ms. Braun's current efforts in sorting through the undigested paper morass created by the departing actors, perhaps can be likened to efforts to reconstruct a cow from hamburger vomit; an unnecessary expense of time, with very modest compensation, do you not agree?

Also, do you have any comment on what I understand to be the previous, compensated follies of Maciejewski and Cuviello?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 12th, 2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    This comment, IMHO, seems to be somewhat unfair Ms. Gorja.

Ms. Braun's current efforts in sorting through the undigested paper morass created by the departing actors, perhaps can be likened to efforts to reconstruct a cow from hamburger vomit; an unnecessary expense of time, with very modest compensation, do you not agree?

Also, do you have any comment on what I understand to be the previous, compensated follies of Maciejewski and Cuviello?
    They did give her one increase last night. Then she wanted another one.

Georgia L Schlager

They did give her one increase last night. Then she wanted another one.
    They also gave her a monumental task(s), totally unlike the Supervisor's inherent budget duties, for which he recently wanted additional compensation, eh?

But you never did answer my query, "Do you have any comment on what I understand to be the previous, compensated follies of Maciejewski and Cuviello?"
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 12th, 2022 at 02:30 PM.

So Gorga, all you got out of that meeting was that Mayor Ruda was the voice of reason, the fiscal watchdog, and Braun is a greedy pig.

As someone who had attended numerous LIDA meetings over the years, I watched the livestreamed meeting and saw a board made up of qualified individuals of diverse private and public backgrounds engaged and focused on acting in the best interest of the town but being held back by not being provided documentation from the previous administration.

When Village of Lancaster Mayor Ruda make the ‘it is time to move forward’ statement, the LIDA board would like to do exactly that, but have been stymied in doing so by not receiving the documents required to do so, nor access to the computer used by the non-cooperative CFO who had resigned the day following Supervisor Ruffino’s resignation. Coincidence, or other considering Ruffino was unable to encourage others from leaving with him and pissed that he did not get one Chair nomination from the board membership.

At the recent town board meeting work session a resolution was pulled to demand LIDA records be turned over to the transmission team. LIDA CFO, and Town Director of Finance & Budget Director Cuviello agreed to provide documents and a computer thumb drive of LIDA business activity – unable to hand over the computer because the town’s computer was being used to conduct both Town and LIDA activity. What, same computer used for data entry for separate entities – and in read format only?

Did you miss the part of the PILOT billing miscalculation by the former CFO and the time and effort expanded by Braun performing CFO duties and hired outside counsel to correct the error? The part of other municipality LIDA CFO’S requested for help being unable to decipher our CFO’S data entry system. That ‘gluttonous’ Braun was instrumental in acting as CFO and trying to get information from outgoing LIDA administrators resisting her requests. Whereas Braun is being paid by LIDA for services provided and LIDA is committed to paying for services provided, and this cost is not absorbed by the town taxpayers, what exactly is your point? LIDA has never been in a position where a CFO resigned, and professed LIDA records were he's for the keeping.

Supervisor Ruffino boasted in the Lancaster Bee on his clearing upon LIDA ‘irregularities’ when he became LIDA Chair in 2020. Hello! He resigned and left a house in disarray as well and he and his outgoing team have been reticent in providing information to the transition board. Sour grapes, Mr. Ruffino.

So, when Mayor Ruda says it is time to move forward, it is. But certainly not without mentioning why the LIDA Board has been roadblocked from doing so. IMHO, new board civilly made that known.

And Mayor Ruda’s questions on spending were appropriately answered.

Lastly, the LIDA website has been updated. Kudos to ‘gluttonous’ Ms. Braun.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Lastly, the LIDA website has been updated. Kudos to ‘gluttonous’ Ms. Braun.
    Good girl. She's doing her job.
    I also noticed that there wasn't any Depew resident representative on this board unless the Ruffino replacement will be a Depew resident

Georgia L Schlager

I was also very impressed with Member Kevin Lemaster's full engagement on the solar farms project. He is truly an asset to the LIDA Board and an outstanding voice for the concerned residents.

I was also impressed that the rest of the board saw that the old gravel pit was a good fit for the solar farms project

Georgia L Schlager

I also noticed that there wasn't any Depew resident representative on this board unless the Ruffino replacement will be a Depew resident
    In a sense Gorja, you are spot on in your observation. In so being, you perhaps unwittingly made a point I have been trying to make about the Lancaster Supervisor's LIDA resignation: Ruffino's resignation leaves some town residents without a voice on the LIDA Board.

As Supervisor, Ron Ruffino represents all of the people of the Town of Lancaster. Ruffino's constituency includes Depew residents.

Had Ruffino remained on the LIDA Board, he could have used his position to ensure a voice for the Depew residents; constituents who supported him with their ballots for twenty years.

Regrettably, Ruffino seem to be unconcerned about those Depew residents, but chose instead to leave LIDA, in what I consider to have been a childish hissy-fit, replete with metaphoric foot-stomping and thrashing.

Furthermore, while Supervisor Ruffino refers to former Mayor Hoffman in his Letter To The Editor, in both that letter and in his January 20, 2022 statement published in the Lancaster Bee, Ruffino failed to directly reference the broader issue of Depew residents that your comment conveyed.

Rather, his comments seemed to overlook the issue of Depew residents, and appeared to focus, solely, on his perception of politics.

Ruffino's entire reaction to his 2022 LIDA appointment, and his very short 2022 LIDA service, reflected a shameful dereliction of duty, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 13th, 2022 at 08:35 AM.

I understand that a Shannon McNichol is up for Town Council consideration as the LIDA Board Member successor to Supervisor Ruffino.

Can reader confirm that candidate?

Good girl. She's doing her job.

You seem to notice and comment on a lot of things about the new LIDA Board but remain silent on why the board is in such disarray and spending so much time and effort in making things right – the quitting of a Town Supervisor who had a hissy-fit because he was not made Chair and a LIDA CFO who once again proved to be inept in her position and reluctant to hand over records to the new board.

Ruffino could have set the politics aside that he yapped so much about in the Lancaster Bee and with his LIDA experience contributed much to the new agency and for his constituents.

You should also know that an appointment on LIDA was declined by a high-ranking Village of Depew political because of self-interest image. That individual’s best interest over the Village’s.

We are seeing the vestiges of moronic straight political party line voting and influence. The voters of Lancaster made that well known in last years’ primary and election. LIDA is the manifestation of the voter's voice.

While you had to comment on your satisfaction that the solar project was approved, indirectly discrediting Lemaster’s ‘no’ vote, Supervisor Ruffino’s ‘no’ votes on the spending to bring the new dog shelter up to the design standards set in the NYS Animal Companion grant don’t seem to bother you. A project that was mishandled from the start and cost town taxpayers dearly.

Your criticism of the new board before it has yet to govern is unwarranted. Especially considering the confrontation / resistance it has received from some departing members to provide for a smooth transition of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Ruffino could have set the politics aside that he yapped so much about in the Lancaster Bee and with his LIDA experience contributed much to the new agency and for his constituents.
    As I have previously written Lee, I have no problem with political actors serving as members of the LIDA Board, provided that all political persuasion are represented and that their opinions and insights are valued:

This LIDA Board membership is not only composed of high quality actors, but reflects all of the political philosophies of Lancaster, strong voices representing both Erie County and the VOL, and contains two very well-informed, grassroot actors...

In my opinion, its selection by the Town Council's new "People's Majority" is a tribute to ALL of the people of Lancaster, and seems to depart the highly partisan scheme that has oppressed Lancaster for decades. As I see it, every member will be valued, and every voice will be heard, and that is what serving the needs and the best interests of Lancaster is all about.
    Just My Opinion:

In both his resignation statement submitted to the Lancaster Bee, and in his now-famous Letter To The Editor, Supervisor Ruffino stated that the reason for his resignation was "that the new LIDA board has political interest written all over it, and I refuse to be a part of any politically motivated group."

Furthermore, in both comments, Supervisor Ruffino asserted that "The LIDA board was always non-political, composed of members without political interests."

I believe that those recent words, seemingly principled and noble, ring shallow in sincerity and bankrupt in historical practice.

Is it not true that in his past role as Supervisor and LIDA Chairman, Ruffino not only favored political party allies, but personal political beneficiaries and benefactors as Agency actors?

Is it not true that Ms. Cuivello, whose departure as LIDA's CFO immediately followed Member Ruffino's resignation, continues to function as the Town of Lancaster Budget Director, and does so strictly at the personal pleasure of Supervisor Ruffino?

Did not Mr. Fialkiewicz donate to Mr. Ruffino's campaign for Supervisor?

Did not Mr. Hoffman donate to Mr. Ruffino's campaign for Supervisor?

To summarize, I hold that Mr. Ruffino's statement of resignation as LIDA Member, and his Letter To The Editor, were perhaps both attempts at political damage control and loathsome projection, but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 13th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.

Originally posted by gorja:
    I also noticed that there wasn't any Depew resident representative on this board
    I stand corrected as far as a Depew representative. Mr Fudoli is a Depew businessman. So Depew is covered. Town of Lancaster has Lemaster, Todaro, Getzoni and Rinow.
    The Village of Lancaster has Mayor Ruda. I believe that Shannon McNichol is the owner of Nichol City Realty in the Village if Lancaster.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information