Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA) resignations

Website administrator
    Job Summary:
    The Web Administrator will maintain web content and design to ensure that the assigned website is functional, accurate, and up to date.
    What are the duties of the LIDA website administrator, Leza Brown?

Georgia L Schlager

So, does anyone have a clue of when the next LIDA meeting is?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So, does anyone have a clue of when the next LIDA meeting is?
    This Friday, February 11, 2022, 4 pm.

The scheduled LIDA meeting is posted on the town website under ‘Upcoming Events’.

This meeting will be livestreamed as will all future Town Hall meetings held in the board room.

Also scheduled for the month of February:

February 10 – Zoning Board meeting (7 pm)
    February 14 – Town Board meeting (7 pm)
    February 16 – Planning Board meeting (7 pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    This Friday, February 11, 2022, 4 pm.

The scheduled LIDA meeting is posted on the town website under ‘Upcoming Events’.

This meeting will be livestreamed as will all future Town Hall meetings held in the board room.

Also scheduled for the month of February:

February 10 – Zoning Board meeting (7 pm)
    February 14 – Town Board meeting (7 pm)
    February 16 – Planning Board meeting (7 pm)
    Thank you

No more morning LIDA meetings?

Georgia L Schlager

Thank you

No more morning LIDA meetings?
    After hearing what transpired at last night’s town board work session concerning LIDA, your questions and concerns will be answered by weeks end – especially on website input responsibility and reasons for delay, as well as other related reasons for a disorderly opening.

Hearsay precludes me from saying more!

The meeting is scheduled to be livestreamed and can be accessed and watched at a later date - a first and a big step in openness and transparency. No one is trying to hide anything from you; certainly not the new LIDA Board.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    No one is trying to hide anything from you; certainly not the new LIDA Board.
    Never said or hinted that there was anything being hidden. You were the one who originally posted that the site was not updated in post #27.
    When going to the LIDA website for information, I discovered the website has not been updated in 2022 – nada, no listing of new members, minutes, and agendas, etc
    In that same post you griped about there not being a meeting scheduled on the LIDA website.
    However, there is no LIDA minutes / agenda meeting scheduled on the Town’s ‘Recent Minutes and Agendas’ website menu.
    It wasn't me that was the conspiracy theorist.

Georgia L Schlager

Never said or hinted that there was anything being hidden. You were the one who originally posted that the site was not updated in post #27.

In that same post you griped about there not being a meeting scheduled on the LIDA website.

Gripe, nah. Looking for the real reason why the LIDA website is (still) not updated and why I had to go elsewhere to get information as to its next meeting. Some residents are really interested in how the taxpayers’ money is being spent.

Looking for culpability as why the website has not been updated. Where you allude to LIDA Secretary Leza Braun as having total control of website data, you are mistaken.

Where you dismiss the ‘quitting’ of Supervisor Ruffino and LIDA CFO Cuviello as playing any role in the slow roll out, that was disproven at Monday evening’s town board work session.

One has to also question whether LIDA’S legal counsel was asleep at the wheel at the January 17th meeting – and since.

What exactly are you referring to in making that statement?

Gripe, nah.
    Oh, yeah! Come on, just tell the truth for once in your life.

Just Lee Chowaniec perpetuating his grievances, once again.

Poor Lee can't get his agenda information.

But whose agenda is it anyway, Readers ?????

I'd think since Dino heads the board for a considerable amount of time now, it's Dino's agenda information. Isn't it his responsibility at this point ??? And Dino doesn't have the wherewithal to post the damn info ?? Come on, that should take a matter of minutes, Readers, so maybe Dino messed that up, too, along with his missing property tax payments. Where are those ??? Lee gives Dino a constant pass on that.

Gripe ??? Yes, add in a bit of whining, moaning, heck groaning, grouching, bellyaching, grousing, and on and on.

It's one grievance after another with this guy. How long could it really take to post the damn thing. Call up your pals in town government and ask them to do it. Don't they post agendas information now ???

Poor Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Oh, yeah! Come on, just tell the truth for once in your life.

Just Lee Chowaniec perpetuating his grievances, once again.

Poor Lee can't get his agenda information.

But whose agenda is it anyway, Readers ?????

I'd think since Dino heads the board for a considerable amount of time now, it's Dino's agenda information. Isn't it his responsibility at this point ??? And Dino doesn't have the wherewithal to post the damn info ?? Come on, that should take a matter of minutes, Readers, so maybe Dino messed that up, too, along with his missing property tax payments. Where are those ??? Lee gives Dino a constant pass on that.

Gripe ??? Yes, add in a bit of whining, moaning, heck groaning, grouching, bellyaching, grousing, and on and on.

It's one grievance after another with this guy. How long could it really take to post the damn thing. Call up your pals in town government and ask them to do it. Don't they post agendas information now ???

Poor Lee.

Thanks, Breezy for setting things straight again. We can always count on you for providing focused, factual, unbiased information / opinion. You have become my mentor.

I did not realize it was the LIDA Chair who put out agenda information. Where would Dino Fudoli post the information? Was it really Ruffino who posted the agenda when he was Chair? Where?

Had Ruffino not quit LIDA he would have been a valuable asset in giving that information to Fudoli and helped make the transition for a new board easier. It appears Fudoli learned nothing in the four years he served as LIDA Chair, right?

Oh well, like you said, good for Ruffino. Everyone loves a quitter, right? Appointed to the board, accepting the appointment, and then quitting because they didn’t make him Chair, he had every right to be pissed, right? To take his football and go home, in the process not only giving the finger to the new LIDA board but to the residents of Lancaster whose best interests he promised to serve.

If that was intended for me, I have to ask what does the town have to do with publishing LIDA agendas, minutes, etc.? They are separate entities. Am I wrong? It was considerate of the Town Clerk to post that there is an upcoming LIDA meeting this Friday at 4 pm – livestreamed at that. Make sure you watch it, sir or madame. If things are not cleared up, give me a toot and maybe can get down to the root cause of this debacle – and you may not like the answer!

Lastly, you can post anything about me concerning this debacle (or anything. Like Ruffino says, 'I am still learning'. But to take another cheap shot at someone’s personal life like you have done here, as with Dickman, Pilato, and a host of others recently and in the past as well, on something that has nothing to do with the post content, but to simply character assassinate them in an attempt to cancel them for political gain is what is hateful and disgusting.

Leaving LIDA: It’s good business to avoid politics
    By Bee Group Newspapers | on February 10, 2022

Ron Ruffino
    TOWN OF LANCASTER SUPERVISOR

On Jan. 1, 2020, I began my term as the Town of Lancaster’s supervisor. On Jan. 3, 2020, I was called into a conference room by a state auditor who informed me that the LIDA was being audited. The assumption was that as town supervisor, I would be assuming the role as LIDA’s chairman. As the audit process ran its course, it was discovered that there were multiple deficiencies in how previous administrations had handled operations of LIDA functions.

While appointing a new administration for the LIDA, we worked diligently with the auditor to clean up our process. I am happy to report that we were given a clean bill of health, which put our LIDA back in good standing with the state. In 2021, I chaired this organization of respected board members who brought a wealth of experience and diligence to the LIDA.

The LIDA board was always non-political, composed of members without political interests. The town supervisor has always chaired this board for as long as I can remember. The new town board, which is responsible for appointing LIDA board members, dismissed all of the previous LIDA board members, aside from myself, and replaced them mainly with people with political interests.

The reason for my resignation is that the new LIDA board has political interest written all over it, and I refuse to be a part of any politically motivated group.

Comment

Kudos Supervisor Ruffino for coming on the LIDA board in 2020 and clearing up the multiple deficiencies in how previous administrations had handled operations of LIDA. However, it should be mentioned that your administration and previous LIDA administrations going back to 1996 were run by Democratic Party Chairs except one (2012-2015) and with many of the same recycled LIDA members appointed by Democrat town boards since 1996.

Supervisor Ruffino’s LIDA boards were comprised of some members who sat on the LIDA board for years. Politics had nothing to do with it, eh. Supervisor Ruffino resigned because the new board has political interest written all over it. He will not be a part of it. Sad that you resigned, Supervisor Ruffino. You left LIDA without town board representation, telling your residents your best interests are more important than theirs.

I hope you're wrong, Supervisor Ruffino, that the new board prioritizes political interest over that of the community's best interest. However, with future LIDA meetings livestreamed the public will have an opportunity to hold the agency accountable.

As you have touted LIDA’s accomplishments under your leadership, while admonishing the new LIDA board for being political, I await a response from the new kids on the block on – hoping there will be one. The discussion at Monday’s town board work session sounded like a rebuke of multiple deficiencies in how your administration handed over operations of LIDA functions.

Got my popcorn ready for tomorrow’s livestreaming of the 4 pm LIDA meeting.

On February 4, 2020, this was posted regarding the LIDA website not being updated at that time.
    It seems that the poster believed that the newly appointed secretary at that time was to do the updating

LIDA operation questioned at Town Board work session
    A contentious exchange took place between Council member Robert Leary and Supervisor Ronald Ruffino at Monday evening’s town board work session regarding the Lancaster Industrial Development Agency’s (LIDA) operation regarding appointment process, compensation to LIDA employees holding town positions, canceled meeting, lack of communication, etc.

While Ruffino declared the LIDA is a separate entity and has no direct ties to the town board, Leary disagreed.

What is unfortunate is that the discussion centered around the recent (January 23, 2020) LIDA Organizational Meeting. The minutes of that meeting have yet to be posted on the LIDA website; in fact the website has yet to be updated at all.

I do have a copy of the minutes of that meeting, but I am unable to post it on Speakup because of length. I will forward it to others hoping they are able to post it. It explains a lot. Hopefully, the newly appointed LIDA secretary will update the website and include the minutes from the January 23rd Organizational Meeting.

At the LIDA Organizational Meeting, Supervisor Ronald Ruffino was appointed LIDA Chair, Cynthia Maciejewski was appointed Administrative Secretary and Records Management Officer($5,000 compensation, less than the $7,500 budgeted in 2020), and Pamela Cuviello, Director of Administration & Finance for the Town of Lancaster has been appointed Chief Financial Officer for the Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency at an annual salary of $5,000.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1913156

It always seems that are two sets of rules.

Georgia L Schlager

Correction

Tomorrow's LIDA meeting begins at 3:30 pm.

Supervisor Ruffino’s LIDA boards were comprised of some members who sat on the LIDA board for years. Politics had nothing to do with it, eh. Supervisor Ruffino resigned because the new board has political interest written all over it. He will not be a part of it. Sad that you resigned, Supervisor Ruffino. You left LIDA without town board representation, telling your residents your best interests are more important than theirs.
    Lee,

I submit for the readers' consideration the exact same questions I have previously asked:

(1) Is Dino Fudoli truly the Treasurer of the Republican Party?

(2) Why is it that the LIDA Board to which Ruffino referred, departed from tradition, and did not hold as members, the incumbent Mayors of the Villages of Lancaster and Depew?

(3) If the LIDA Board to which Ruffino referred significantly lacked political actors, I must ask, was not Trustee, not Mayor, but Trustee Rudz, an apparent Ruffino political ally in the 2021 Town Council campaign?

(4) Was the incumbent VOL Mayor perhaps denied a seat on the LIDA Board to which the Supervisor referred, because his wife was Mr. Ruffino's opponent in the 2019 Supervisor's race?

(5) In 2021, did not the Lancaster voters, in regards to the Town Council races, opt to change majority control, and pursue a directional change; a shift away from the longstanding over-development and focus on the growth of larger-scale business?

(6) In make-up of the LIDA Board to which the Supervisor referred, I see very little, if any, representation by the grassroots, concerned resident. Where are those people kindred to the current Kevin Lemaster and David Rinow?

The previous LIDA Board seemed kind of skewed in favor of big business owners, real estate people, and construction companies, eh?

Perhaps the Supervisor does not value the opinions of grassroots residents, and perhaps that is why he misspells one name, and makes reference to a "Dan" Rinow, and not the incumbent "David Rinow."

Or, perhaps the Supervisor is somehow attempting to link what he suggests is a politicized LIDA Board, to what I perceive to be the strictly non-political VOL judicial bench?

With the foregoing in mind, does not the Ruffino letter appear to be a childish political tantrum, perhaps written to divert attention away from his decision to put his personal political power over the interests of the town?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Is Dino Fudoli truly the Treasurer of the Republican Party?

Why is it that the LIDA Board to which Ruffino referred, departed from tradition, and did not hold as members, the incumbent Mayors of the Villages of Lancaster and Depew?

Which two are the Village of Depew and Village of Lancaster mayors?

Georgia L Schlager

Is Dino Fudoli truly the Treasurer of the Republican Party?

Why is it that the LIDA Board to which Ruffino referred, departed from tradition, and did not hold as members, the incumbent Mayors of the Villages of Lancaster and Depew?

Which two are the Village of Depew and Village of Lancaster mayors?
    Seriously Gorja, stop with the strawman arguments.

Ruffino made reference to "Dino Fudoli, is the Republican Party treasurer."

As you well know, the "Republican Party" to which Ruffino referred was, and remains, an organization separate and apart from the "Real New York Republicans" that is referenced in your rather large posting, or did you forget about the REP/DEM cross-endorsements and the 2021 primaries already.

As far as your referenced LIDA membership, was it not Ruffino who cited "precedent" or "tradition" if you will, when he rather prematurely, if not presumptively, claimed the LIDA Chairmanship in 2019-2020?

If he thought precedent and tradition were valid standards then, what changed this year???

To wit, my more detailed response:

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    NONSENSE!

Just my observation-based opinion:

Mr. Ruffino consistent with supporting historic precedent, by virtue of his office as Supervisor holds the position as Chairman of the LIDA.

By similar precedent, in the past, an elected official of both the Village of Lancaster and the Village of Depew, each held a seat on the LIDA, seemingly to ensure that the constituencies of both separate government entities had a voice on the LIDA.

For example, in 2014, Mayor Hoffman of Depew held a seat representing the Village of Depew; Deputy Mayor Kenneth O'Brien held a seat representing the Village of Lancaster.

In 2016, the LIDA representation reflected the election of Mayor Nikonowicz.

It is concerning that while the LIDA was quick to fulfill precedent and recognize and honor the induction of Supervisor Ruffino in 2020, the LIDA under Chairman Ruffino's leadership seemingly wishes to depart from the more broad precedent scheme described above, with the continuance of the status quo present since April, 2019. Since that time, LIDA has lacked representation reflecting incumbent elected government officials from both the Village of Lancaster and the Village of Depew.

While the LIDA membership holds two former Mayors of Depew and one former Deputy Mayor of the Village of Lancaster, regrettably, neither Village of Lancaster Mayor Schroeder or Depew Mayor Peterson hold a seat on the LIDA.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 11th, 2022 at 03:46 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information