Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town Board approves live streaming meetings

Town Board approves live streaming meetings

Town Board approves live streaming meetings

Monday night, by 3-2 vote the Lancaster Town Board approved a resolution recognizing the proposal submitted by Robert Mark Audio, to provide, install and service a Live Streaming Video System and Audio Components for use in the Town of Lancaster’s Board Room located within the Town Hall for a combined amount not to exceed $11,000.00 per their proposals dated November 29, 2021.

Prior to the reading of the resolution, Supervisor Ruffino asked councilmember Robert Leary (resolution sponsor) to table the resolution for two weeks to allow for the company (Ligammare – Technet Task Force) that had installed the current sound system to offer a proposal that might be less expensive, or to let them consult on the process or installation.

Councilman Leary interjected that the project had been put to bid, Ligammare had been contacted, this project has been under consideration for some time, and it was time to move on.

Supervisor Ruffino declared that to his knowledge Ligammare was never contacted. He asked for a motion to table the resolution. Councilman Mazur seconded the motion. Councilmembers Leary, Burkard and Dickman voted ‘no.’

The resolution went to vote approval. Leary, Burkard and Dickman voted for approval. Ruffino and Mazur voted in opposition. Ruffino declaring that despite his favoring the project he voted in opposition favoring contacting their tech service company first

Leary reiterated that he was not opposed to having Ligammare involved in consulting on the project, but it was time to move on.

Comment

In the closing public comment session, a resident complimented Supervisor Ruffino for encouraging town board members and attendees addressing the board to use the microphones provided so that individuals unable to attend the meetings can hear the comments. He said despite his repeated encouragement board member Mazur continues to keep his microphone positioned away from his mouth, even when speaking. Streaming the meetings will end that problem as the visual and audio components are awesome.

Spot on! As usual I found council member Mazur the only one’s comments unintelligible. Kudos to those making this project possible – especially at a time of Covid restrictions and mask wearing. A step forward in providing transparency and openness.

11K is a wee bit high depending on what they use, a software or hardware solution. VMix is excellent software, use a line out on a the current sound system via a USB Audio interface to the audio in on the PC running vMix. Then a PTZ NDI Camera for the video feed. Stream it to a YouTube Channel.

USB Audio Interface $45 https://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-Aud.../dp/B00EK1OTZC
    PC For Streaming $2k would build a nice one for NDI video input
    vMix software: $700 https://www.vmix.com/purchase/
    PTZOptiocs camera: $1700 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ferencing.html
    Misc Cables and Camera bracket $150

$4595 total and this would make for high quality streaming!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    He said despite his repeated encouragement board member Mazur continues to keep his microphone positioned away from his mouth, even when speaking. Streaming the meetings will end that problem as the visual and audio components are awesome.
    Simple solution do not recognize him as having the floor until he uses the mic properly.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Simple solution do not recognize him as having the floor until he uses the mic properly.
    Brilliant point, not!

If a commenter directs a tough, challenging question to His Honor "Lumpy," would that not be the perfect prophylactic to protect him from his faithfully bumbling, stumbling answer(s)?

How about adopting a Resolution deeming such a repeated transgression by any Town Council Member, or official present at the request of the Town Council, an offense, subject to Town Council sanction; a monetary fine to be levied against its official salary?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 4th, 2022 at 11:32 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Town earmarks $11K for transparency; plans communications upgrades
    January 06, 2022 – Lancaster Bee

The Town of Lancaster has decided to invest in audio and video technology, helping increase the ease of access for area residents to view and interact with board meetings.

According to the resolution, “State requirements, the current state of emergency, and numerous requests made by the Town of Lancaster residents” are the cause for this shift in spending. The resolution added, “The town board recognizes the need for a live streaming video and audio system for the board room located within town hall to allow the town’s constituents, employees and entities doing business with the town the ability to participate in various meetings if physical attendance is prohibited.”

Supervisor Ron Ruffino took umbrage at the decision, believing not enough preliminary analysis had been done. “I can’t vote for this because I don’t feel like the full due diligence was done. I think we need to get our technical guy in, and get our fire safety guy in who did the audio system.” *

The vote passed with councilmembers Mark Burkard, Leary and Adam Dickman voting yes. Ruffino and councilmember David Mazur voted no.

A Lancaster resident of Spruceland Terrace, Greg Sojka, was pleased with the board’s ultimate decision to move forward. “I wanted to commend the board on going with their choice for the video and audio,” Sojka said. “The Village of Depew has the same company operating this for all of their meetings, and the audio and visual is like watching the Super Bowl on a 70- inch screen T.V. The microphones pick up every single thing.”

Comment

* Supervisor Ron Ruffino took umbrage at the decision, believing not enough preliminary analysis had been done. “I can’t vote for this because I don’t feel like the full due diligence was done. I think we need to get our technical guy in and get our fire safety guy in who did the audio system.”

Residents had been requesting live streaming for months, entered communication requests, and all involved agencies had been appropriately contacted regarding the project.

Readers, great to be back in the great snowy north country. I have been south enjoying myself lately. I am never disconnected from Lancaster, though.

Regarding the TOL board vote to bring the meetings into the 21st century as far as communication ability, I say, kudos to the crew that got that done. There is nothing more important than the information used to spend tax dollars available in real time to ALL taxpayers!!!

It was telling that one of the very first things the majority did was move to make that happen as soon as possible. Soon the Supervisor and Mr. Mumbles will be heard, even if they pass wind too loud. The new system will allow for that. Soon, all the foolish things that the Supervisor constantly spouts will be seen and heard by the voters. It brings tremendous pressure on politicians when they start to misrepresent the voters wishes. It brings instant public rebuke when warranted. So kudos to the new majority.

It appears that is not the only part of government that will be scrutinized for a more open approach and more public input. With the appointment of Mr. Rinow and Mr. LeMaster to the LIDA Board, it seems there will be a more open and transparent approach to the operation of that agency soon

It was Mr.Rinow, who pushed for the upgrade of the video system to allow for the important business of the board to be readily available to those who pay the taxes. And it was Mr. LeMaster who continually quizzed the Supervisor and investigated as best he could the now questionable company involved in the Solar scheme project foisted on the town by Ruffino and the past LIDA board. With those two individuals seated there will be no stone unturned and the public will benifit. Transparency is the new norm now

This new majority is moving fast to repair the damage the past regime has let happen for too long. The Dog Pound issue is being straightened out.

Greg Sojka, take a bow, Sir. Chairwoman Debbie LeMaster, take a bow, Iron Lady. Say it ain't so, readers

Stay tuned
    Last edited by Frank Lee Blunt; January 6th, 2022 at 04:35 PM.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post

Regarding the TOL board vote to bring the meetings into the 21st century as far as communication ability, I say, kudos to the crew that got that done. There is nothing more important than the information used to spend tax dollars available in real time to ALL taxpayers!!!...

It brings tremendous pressure on politicians when they start to misrepresent the voters wishes. It brings instant public rebuke when warranted. So kudos to the new majority.
    The chronic campaign pledge of "Transparency" is nearly a shallow cliché now, unless one defines "Transparency" as a verb which suggests an ability to see right through the disingenuous nature of most candidates.

I am happy to say that this new "People Majority" dispatched "transparency" to the very top of its "To Do" list; a truly tangible triumph of faithful substance over deceptive form.

With the appointment of Mr. Rinow and Mr. LeMaster to the LIDA Board, it seems there will be a more open and transparent approach to the operation of that agency soon.
    This LIDA Board membership is not only composed of high quality actors, but reflects all of the political philosophies of Lancaster, strong voices representing both Erie County and the VOL, and contains two very well-informed, grassroot actors:

LANCASTER INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

FUDOLI, DINO, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at will of the Town Board.

GETZONI, GRANT, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at will of the Town Board.

LEMASTER, KEVIN, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at will of the Town Board.

RINOW, DAVID, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at will of the Town Board.

RUDA, LYNNE, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at will of the Town Board.

RUFFINO, RONALD, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at the will of the Town Board.

TODARO, FRANK, be and is hereby appointed Member, Industrial Development Agency to serve at the will of the Town Board.
    In my opinion, its selection by the Town Council's new "People's Majority" is a tribute to ALL of the people of Lancaster, and seems to depart the highly partisan scheme that has oppressed Lancaster for decades. As I see it, every member will be valued, and every voice will be heard, and that is what serving the needs and the best interests of Lancaster is all about.

This new majority is moving fast to repair the damage the past regime has let happen for too long...

Greg Sojka, take a bow, Sir. Chairwoman Debbie LeMaster, take a bow, Iron Lady.
    Indeed!!!

IMHO, Sojka and Lemaster reacted to a strong public demand to have a government that would serve the best interests of the people of Lancaster; political bosses be damned.

In that regard, jointly, both may consider themselves to have been the spearhead in the noble drive of a citizens' army, which was determined to liberate Lancaster from the oppressive yoke of the REP/DEM Swamp.

When comparing this Town Council majority to many of those in the past decades, is it not tempting to shout "What a difference one election can make," eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 6th, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The chronic campaign pledge of "Transparency" is nearly a shallow cliché now, unless one defines "Transparency" as a verb which suggests an ability to see right through the disingenuous nature of most candidates.

I am happy to say that this new "People Majority" dispatched "transparency" to the very top of its "To Do" list; a truly tangible triumph of faithful substance over deceptive form.

This LIDA Board membership is not only composed of high quality actors, but reflects all of the political philosophies of Lancaster, strong voices representing both Erie County and the VOL, and contains two very well-informed, grassroot actors:

In my opinion, its selection by the Town Council's new "People's Majority" is a tribute to ALL of the people of Lancaster, and seems to depart the highly partisan scheme that has oppressed Lancaster for decades. As I see it, every member will be valued, and every voice will be heard, and that is what serving the needs and the best interests of Lancaster is all about.

Indeed!!!

IMHO, Sojka and Lemaster reacted to a strong public demand to have a government that would serve the best interests of the people of Lancaster; political bosses be damned.

In that regard, jointly, both may consider themselves to have been the spearhead in the noble drive of a citizens' army, which was determined to liberate Lancaster from the oppressive yoke of the REP/DEM Swamp.

When comparing this Town Council majority to many of those in the past decades, is it not tempting to shout "What a difference one election can make," eh?
    Mark so happy to hear Kevin LeMaster is on the LIDA. He is extremely qualified and his lifelong residency to Lancaster proves he is very knowledgeable of the functionality mechanics of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Mark so happy to hear Kevin LeMaster is on the LIDA. He is extremely qualified and his lifelong residency to Lancaster proves he is very knowledgeable of the functionality mechanics of the town.
    Indeed shortstuff.

Kevin's experience as a businessman and his strong insights on many issues will make his grassroots voice a valued one.

Also, let us not forget his longtime staunch probing of the solar farms issue and his tenacity in publicly confronting the traffic safety issues which attend overdevelopment.

Speaking for myself, I believe his will be a welcomed presence, especially when contrasted with those past actors who blindly advocated for reckless development.

Very happy to see him there shortstuff.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 10th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.

I noticed that nothing was mentioned regarding Councilman Leary's nonfiscally responsible proposal to increase the stipends for the Director of Administration and Finance as LIDA CFO and LIDA billing from $9,000 to $11,500 and the Secretary to the LIDA and LIDA billing from $6,500 to $9,500.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I noticed that nothing was mentioned regarding Councilman Leary's nonfiscally responsible proposal to increase the stipends for the Director of Administration and Finance as LIDA CFO and LIDA billing from $9,000 to $11,500 and the Secretary to the LIDA and LIDA billing from $6,500 to $9,500.
    What on Earth does "nonfiscally responsible mean?"

What on Earth does "nonfiscally responsible mean?"

Comments:

• IMHO, Gorga means ‘fiscally irresponsible’

• Leary’s Schedule of Salaries resolution preceded Ruffino's and was approved by a 4-1 board vote. Supervisor Ruffino cast the only ‘no’ vote.

• Ruffino’s Schedule of Salaries resolution did not receive a ‘second’ by any board member and went nowhere.

• Game, set, match! Board decision, not Leary’s. Sour grapes and unwarranted political claptrap to disparage Leary.

• What has this to do with the thread – Live Streaming the Town Hall meetings?

Start a new thread – ‘Leary sucks, just like Dickman and Pilato’! Do you serve cheese with that whine?

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    • Leary’s Schedule of Salaries resolution preceded Ruffino's and was approved by a 4-1 board vote. Supervisor Ruffino cast the only ‘no’ vote.
    My hearing must be going then. I thought that I heard Leary's resolution passed 5-0 with revisions to the LIDA salaries to the lower amount.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-32929237...03-tbm#t=37:35

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    My hearing must be going then. I thought that I heard Leary's resolution passed 5-0 with revisions to the LIDA salaries to the lower amount.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-32929237...03-tbm#t=37:35
    A curious use of verbiage, or perhaps a pejorative spin, because I did not think LIDA members received "salaries," because it has been my understanding that compensations were limited to those holding administrative and clerical duties?

My bad I guess.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 11th, 2022 at 08:35 AM.

A curious use of verbiage, or perhaps a pejorative spin, because I did not think LIDA members received "salaries," because it has been my understanding that compensations were limited to those holding administrative and clerical duties?

My bad I guess.
    Sorry, I meant stipends.
    Although the resolution states -
    RESOLVED, that the following Schedule of Salaries be and is hereby adopted effective January 1, 2022: (amounts represent annual salaries unless otherwise specified)
    If it would have been Ruffino and not Leary proposing increasing stipends, the regular posters would have a broohaha about it.
    It's okay for one side but not the other, as always.
    Last edited by gorja; January 11th, 2022 at 09:56 AM.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information