Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming town board agenda

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It was Michelle Barbaro who always attested to the good work ethic and flexibility of the Speyers in her department
    Michelle will keep Cic in check...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    How disappointing that you cannot get over Amatura’s loss. It was one thing to savage Pilato and Dickman during the election, but to continue to attack decisions and shame individuals not yet appointed crosses the line of decency.

In the new reorganization of the Highway and Parks Department, Cicceralli is not being appointed as crew chief, but as laborer-crew chief. Do you know what that title (job description) implies? Perhaps you should attend Monday night’s meeting and question that and then present your objections to Ciccarelli’s ill deserved ‘promotion.’

And, if Ciccarelli’s job performance was so poor during the Amatura / Barbaro administration why wasn’t he terminated or suspended at minimum then?

As Cicceralli is not an elected official, or campaigning for office, shaming him by bringing up his personal life has no bearing on this appointment. Not cool!
    Actually Lee, in this case gorja has merit in bringing up his appointment and question it...

It's funny. Prior to the new board, people had issues of appointments of relatives of a councilman's wife who had been working for the town for years. It was okay to have issues with appointments because they were a family member of a councilman's wife which is not immediate family but it's not okay to question an appointment due to the appointee's character.
    Yes, I do know it is a laborer crew chief position.
    Putting an employee who needed to be watched into a position overseeing others just doesn't make sense to me.
    Just my opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Actually Lee, in this case gorja has merit in bringing up his appointment and question it...
    Then she should do so at Monday evening's town board meeting seeking clarification and commenting on Cicceralli's appointment before he is even appointed.

Making disparaging remarks and allegations without personally confronting the individual and/or town on reasons for his appointment is malicious.

It's funny. Prior to the new board, people had issues of appointments of relatives of a councilman's wife who had been working for the town for years. It was okay to have issues with appointments because they were a family member of a councilman's wife which is not immediate family but it's not okay to question an appointment due to the appointee's character.
    Yes, I do know it is a laborer crew chief position.
    Putting an employee who needed to be watched into a position overseeing others just doesn't make sense to me.
    Just my opinion.
    Cicceralli needs to be watched? Who told you that? Barbaro is going to keep an eye on him? I guess I read the resolution wrong that the town has the ‘ultimate oversight’:

BE IT FURTHER, RESOLVED, that the Deputy Highway Superintendent shall be subject to the ultimate oversight of the Town Board with respect to the duties set forth herein, and in that regard shall be subject to direction by either the Town Board acting by resolution, or by the Town Supervisor, and BE IT FURTHER, RESOLVED, that all part-time, full-time, seasonal and other appointments in the Department shall remain subject to the Town Board’s discretion and approval, and all procurement of goods and services on behalf of the Department shall remain subject to the Town Board’s discretion and approval.

I find it puzzling that Ciccarelli is the town employee singled out here as the only ‘bad apple’ in the employ of the town Park’s Department.

We have all heard stories of residents complaining of town employees goofing off, being disrespectful to residents who dared calling them out on their malingering, their abuse of vehicular and equipment abuse, etc.

Cicceralli is being targeted for allegedly refusing to mow grass and for cell phone abuse. He is being considered unworthy of ‘promotion’ – promotion to Laborer-Crew Chief, not Crew Chief. A distinction missed by those not comprehending what the Structural Organization resolution implies.

His promotion reflects badly on the town and the newly elected party should it be approved? How? Cicceralli and Hoffman are deserving of the promotions as they are the two senior employees of the Parks / Recreation t / Buildings Department. Cicceralli has been employed in that Department for 25 years, at one time serving as former Crew Chief McCracken right-hand-man.

Suddenly Cicceralli becomes the inept scapegoat for a department maligned for years for supposed mediocre performance? If Ciccarelli’s story of refusing to mow the lawn was true, and I have heard other versions, why haven’t we heard anything of any disciplinary action taken against him by Barbaro? Or by prior crew chiefs during his 25 years of service?

We are told what a qualified and fair person Barbaro is; an asset in taking over the Deputy Highway Superintendent position. I agree. Would Barbaro agree to Ciccarelli’s becoming her assistant if he were not qualified? Does only Cicceralli deserve ‘keeping an eye on’?

What does Barbaro’s declaring the Speyers are good workers have to do with Cicceralli?

Until the resolution is approved Monday night, and/or the public has an opportunity to speak on the resolution for clarification, these allegations are speculative and pejorative.

The restructuring resolution declares that department efficiency and cost savings will result. That is where the resolution focus should be, IMHO! Clarification, please.

The newly elected board hasn’t even met for their first town board meeting and it is being assailed. There will be enough time for that – if warranted,

Sour grapes, Gorja. Amatura is gone and he caused his own demise. I have repeatedly said that had he sought only the Democratic endorsement, he would have won the election. It’s over, move on!

Cicceralli needs to be watched? Who told you that? Barbaro is going to keep an eye on him? I guess I read the resolution wrong that the town has the ‘ultimate oversight’:

BE IT FURTHER, RESOLVED, that the Deputy Highway Superintendent shall be subject to the ultimate oversight of the Town Board with respect to the duties set forth herein, and in that regard shall be subject to direction by either the Town Board acting by resolution, or by the Town Supervisor, and BE IT FURTHER, RESOLVED, that all part-time, full-time, seasonal and other appointments in the Department shall remain subject to the Town Board’s discretion and approval, and all procurement of goods and services on behalf of the Department shall remain subject to the Town Board’s discretion and approval.

I find it puzzling that Ciccarelli is the town employee singled out here as the only ‘bad apple’ in the employ of the town Park’s Department.

We have all heard stories of residents complaining of town employees goofing off, being disrespectful to residents who dared calling them out on their malingering, their abuse of vehicular and equipment abuse, etc.

Cicceralli is being targeted for allegedly refusing to mow grass and for cell phone abuse. He is being considered unworthy of ‘promotion’ – promotion to Laborer-Crew Chief, not Crew Chief. A distinction missed by those not comprehending what the Structural Organization resolution implies.

His promotion reflects badly on the town and the newly elected party should it be approved? How? Cicceralli and Hoffman are deserving of the promotions as they are the two senior employees of the Parks / Recreation t / Buildings Department. Cicceralli has been employed in that Department for 25 years, at one time serving as former Crew Chief McCracken right-hand-man.

Suddenly Cicceralli becomes the inept scapegoat for a department maligned for years for supposed mediocre performance? If Ciccarelli’s story of refusing to mow the lawn was true, and I have heard other versions, why haven’t we heard anything of any disciplinary action taken against him by Barbaro? Or by prior crew chiefs during his 25 years of service?

We are told what a qualified and fair person Barbaro is; an asset in taking over the Deputy Highway Superintendent position. I agree. Would Barbaro agree to Ciccarelli’s becoming her assistant if he were not qualified? Does only Cicceralli deserve ‘keeping an eye on’?

What does Barbaro’s declaring the Speyers are good workers have to do with Cicceralli?

Until the resolution is approved Monday night, and/or the public has an opportunity to speak on the resolution for clarification, these allegations are speculative and pejorative.

The restructuring resolution declares that department efficiency and cost savings will result. That is where the resolution focus should be, IMHO! Clarification, please.

The newly elected board hasn’t even met for their first town board meeting and it is being assailed. There will be enough time for that – if warranted,

Sour grapes, Gorja. Amatura is gone and he caused his own demise. I have repeatedly said that had he sought only the Democratic endorsement, he would have won the election. It’s over, move on!
    Amatura has nothing to do with this appointment. You're the one who keeps bringing his name up, not me. As far as the Speyers being good workers, their were people who had a broohaha every time their status changed in spring and fall but nothing is suppose to be said about a slacker. I perfectly understand the restructuring that you posted. But promoting a worker, not a slacker would be more efficient, in my opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    And, if Ciccarelli’s job performance was so poor during the Amatura / Barbaro administration why wasn’t he terminated or suspended at minimum then?
    When I asked if that was insubordination when he refused to mow, you stated "Yes, he refused and was sent home.
    But what the consequences are when you have a public sector union and a new crew chief who may go back into a union position is questionable."

Georgia L Schlager

Amatura has nothing to do with this appointment. You're the one who keeps bringing his name up, not me. As far as the Speyers being good workers, their were people who had a broohaha every time their status changed in spring and fall but nothing is suppose to be said about a slacker. I perfectly understand the restructuring that you posted. But promoting a worker, not a slacker would be more efficient, in my opinion.

Au contraire, it has everything to do with Amatura, Barbaro, McCracken, and anyone who Ciccarelli reported to over his 25 years of employment. If Cicceralli was found incompetent at any time in his career he should have been written up, disciplined, and even terminated if offenses were repeated. Do you have any records proving any of that ever occurred? If so, how did you get them, they are not for public review.

You mentioned the mowing incident and referenced that I had said that I heard he was sent home. Sure did. Then later I was told it never happened. So, did it happen? Was he written up? Do you have records to validate what you are saying is true? You shouldn’t have as those records are not for public review. Where are you getting your information from?

The cell phone abuse you speak of, how do you know of this? Cicceralli was just fine when the Democrats were in control, but Cicceralli is now maligned because a Republican controlled board is considering restructuring the Highway / Parks Department operation and ‘promote’ a position based properly on seniority and qualifications.

If the board approves the resolution that includes Ciccarelli’s new position, are you saying it is complicit in a cover up that covers 25 years? Your fixation with Cicceralli is nothing more than political BS to whine about Amatura’s loss. In the process you maligned Pilato in the election and now Cicceralli to get at Highway Superintendent Pilato.

Man up! Show up at Monday’s town board meeting and voice your concerns and opinions. I look forward to the town’s response.

If you do attend Monday’s meeting and speak, please ask in my name on the restructuring cost savings and design’s improvement in efficiency.

Then she should do so at Monday evening's town board meeting seeking clarification and commenting on Cicceralli's appointment before he is even appointed.

Making disparaging remarks and allegations without personally confronting the individual and/or town on reasons for his appointment is malicious.
    You posed a good point. And I agree totally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information