Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming town board agenda

Upcoming town board agenda

I remember when a frequent poster on speakup had stated that when Cacciotti would retire as Deputy Highway Superintendent that there should not be another one appointed. In the upcoming agenda, Michelle Barbaro is mentioned as Deputy Highway Superintendent.
    I wonder what that person's thoughts are now since Michelle is a conservative.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I remember when a frequent poster on speakup had stated that when Cacciotti would retire as Deputy Highway Superintendent that there should not be another one appointed. In the upcoming agenda, Michelle Barbaro is mentioned as Deputy Highway Superintendent.
    She's great, I've seen her work side by side with all of the parks team. Show up for all of the town board meetings and have been respectful to the residents. She's been there long enough to earn that title..Just my opinion only...

Come on man, stop playing games!

1. That individual was Lee Chowaniec. You know that.

2. What does Barbaro being a conservative have to do with my being a ‘blank’ – a lifelong unaffiliated registered voter? ZERO!

3. I still feel the same way about filling that position if the status quo operation remained the same. When the Deputy Highway Supervisor position was created it had purpose in that Cacciotti had historical data knowledge essential to developing an important, living, functional GIS system. That was then, not today.

4. The position has been restructured and accountabilities / responsibilities redefined. Until such time the new job classification obligations are defined, this does not appear be a status quo position. Apples to oranges.

5. The resolution language states: WHEREAS, the Town Board believes that this supervisory restructuring within the Department will result in greater operational effectiveness and will achieve cost savings. Residents deserve to hear how.

6. I find it interesting that Councilman Leary and Supervisor Ruffino are both sponsoring ‘Schedule of Salary’ resolutions. The only difference between the two is in LIDA expenditures. They are both alike in every other expenditure. Sounds like Supervisor Ruffino has bought into the Highway-Parks restructuring as well.

It appears your inquiry may be premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    3. I still feel the same way about filling that position if the status quo operation remained the same. When the Deputy Highway Supervisor position was created it had purpose in that Cacciotti had historical data knowledge essential to developing an important, living, functional GIS system. That was then, not today.

4. The position has been restructured and accountabilities / responsibilities redefined. Until such time the new job classification obligations are defined, this does not appear be a status quo position. Apples to oranges.

5. The resolution language states: WHEREAS, the Town Board believes that this supervisory restructuring within the Department will result in greater operational effectiveness and will achieve cost savings. Residents deserve to hear how.
    As I understand things, what is being retained is the previous title; the change resides with an enhanced job description.

It may be a triumph of substance over form.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I see they're appointing Ciccarelli as a crew chief. Isn't he the laborer who just 4 years ago was told to mow at Westwood and was insubordinate and refused to do so?
    I guess that's his reward for rallying the troops against Amatura, eh?

Georgia L Schlager

I see they're appointing Ciccarelli as a crew chief. Isn't he the laborer who just 4 years ago was told to mow at Westwood and was insubordinate and refused to do so?
    I hear they ran out of Speyers.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    She's great, I've seen her work side by side with all of the parks team. Show up for all of the town board meetings and have been respectful to the residents. She's been there long enough to earn that title..Just my opinion only...
    I have always heard nothing but good things about Michelle. I have no issues with her in that position.
    Shortstuff, you were probably also a witness of Ciccarelli's lack of work ethics.

Georgia L Schlager

It looks like it, as the other side is in control now. They will reward their favorite peeps.
    That is their right to place them. I know when the other side did it. It wasn't their right. It was called patronage.
    Last edited by gorja; January 1st, 2022 at 08:03 AM.

Georgia L Schlager

Question- What happened to Kevin Loftus?

Is the new appointee related to Thomas Fowler and Mark Fowler, past and present Lancaster police officers?

Georgia L Schlager

It was Michelle Barbaro who always attested to the good work ethic and flexibility of the Speyers in her department

Georgia L Schlager

Is he the same one who has had 2 DUIs and has also smashed up a town vehicle?
    What a liability, if so. Maybe, that's the character the new board looks for in individuals prior to promoting them.

Georgia L Schlager

Is he the same one who has had 2 DUIs and has also smashed up a town vehicle?
    What a liability, if so. Maybe, that's the character the new board looks for in individuals prior to promoting them.
    How disappointing that you cannot get over Amatura’s loss. It was one thing to savage Pilato and Dickman during the election, but to continue to attack decisions and shame individuals not yet appointed crosses the line of decency.

In the new reorganization of the Highway and Parks Department, Cicceralli is not being appointed as crew chief, but as laborer-crew chief. Do you know what that title (job description) implies? Perhaps you should attend Monday night’s meeting and question that and then present your objections to Ciccarelli’s ill deserved ‘promotion.’

And, if Ciccarelli’s job performance was so poor during the Amatura / Barbaro administration why wasn’t he terminated or suspended at minimum then?

As Cicceralli is not an elected official, or campaigning for office, shaming him by bringing up his personal life has no bearing on this appointment. Not cool!

Ciccarelli is being appointed crew chief gorja? I can tell you, he has a checkered past and is not fit to be crew chief. Disappointing IMO is that is close friends with Adam Dickman.

Question- What happened to Kevin Loftus?

Is the new appointee related to Thomas Fowler and Mark Fowler, past and present Lancaster police officers?
    Loftus is gone? Why? I always respected his work ethics...

I have always heard nothing but good things about Michelle. I have no issues with her in that position.
    Shortstuff, you were probably also a witness of Ciccarelli's lack of work ethics.
    Oh yes I did, and his unethical use of the town cell phone and bar encounters....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information