Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty Prisons..

Empty Prisons..

Carl wanting to put welfare people in jail had me thinking..

How many empty prisons are there in NY state?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Carl wanting to put welfare people in jail had me thinking..

How many empty prisons are there in NY state?
    I don't think that there are any that are empty. There are many that are under filled. Consolidation would allow some to become available for the Welfare to work training centers.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

kinda like debtors prison?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

So paladino wants to put people on welfar in prisons being used for prisoners?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Of course not. He's going to release all state prisoners except those convicted of murder. Then he'll have lots of empty prisons to house welfare recipients.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Of course not. He's going to release all state prisoners except those convicted of murder. Then he'll have lots of empty prisons to house welfare recipients.
    I would believe this if we were California!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No, he mentioned about converting underused building's that were once used as prisons into safe havens for people who want to better them selves.

WHY is that so hard for people to grasp?

They are just buildings. No razor wire, no bars on the windows and I bet they are not locked down at night.. Ever go into the city? Ever see some of the projects with tall fencing and barb wire? Bars on the windows? WHY is that ok for people to live in but if Carl mentions something ...OH MY GAWD HE"S THROWING people on welfare into prisons!!!

Or do some people don't give a **** for people who pay for all the welfare? Just keep it going and growing should be the NYS democratic party tag line.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post

You believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You believe that?
    C'mon, res-----Linda is being funny to make a point. But still---it could happen.

And I thought NYS was looking to build more prisons, at one time recently, because of a shortage of space. An idea I didn't like because the effort should be put into reducing the number of criminal through education etc.

He is not nor has suggested that any prison housing prisoners be used as welfare to work centers. Consolidated the prison population could free up a few prisons across the State that would then be used as welfare to work centers.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No, he mentioned about converting underused building's that were once used as prisons into safe havens for people who want to better them selves.

WHY is that so hard for people to grasp?

They are just buildings. No razor wire, no bars on the windows and I bet they are not locked down at night.. Ever go into the city? Ever see some of the projects with tall fencing and barb wire? Bars on the windows? WHY is that ok for people to live in but if Carl mentions something ...OH MY GAWD HE"S THROWING people on welfare into prisons!!!

Or do some people don't give a **** for people who pay for all the welfare? Just keep it going and growing should be the NYS democratic party tag line.
    Go down Best/Summer and see what has been done to the former bad girls prison there. It is actually a Muslim training center. Similar to the one they want at ground zero. I was against this one too!
    Last edited by mikenold; August 26th, 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Go down Best/Summer and see what has been done to the former bad girls prison there. It is actually a Muslim training center. Similar to the one they want at ground zero. I was against this one too!
    Well then you should sleep soundly at night knowing there is a terrorist training center on the east side and be nice to the muslims so you aren't targeted.

I could so be a right wing talk show host and make millions, just like rush whose really a liberal making money.

Back in the early 90's my husband and I rented an apartment to a couple of men that were of Middle Eastern decent. They didnt speak English very well, but the did say they went to Buffalo State, and we lived right down the street from there, so our apartment was occupied by students alot. After they moved out, we went in to clean up the place and throw a coat of paint up. They had hung pictures and anti american propaganda all over the walls. The one room was literally covered, cieling and all, with cartoon images of burning flags and Americans with their heads chopped off... it freaked me out. I tore them all down and put them to the trash. If that happened today It could have been a big deal but back then, I was nieve to all this anti American hate mongering. I wish i would have kept that stuff just to show people how nasty it was.

Well then you should sleep soundly at night knowing there is a terrorist training center on the east side and be nice to the muslims so you aren't targeted.

I could so be a right wing talk show host and make millions, just like rush whose really a liberal making money.
    Muslims are buying up properties over on the east side. I am nice to everyone so I do not have to worry then, right?

Muslims are buying up properties over on the east side. I am nice to everyone so I do not have to worry then, right?
    If you want to see what it may look like in 10-20 years, take a trip to Detroit and drive around 6 Mile and Livernois. It looks like the Gaza Strip ! I bet the Detroit cops won't even venture into this area. It looks like a real ghetto.

But then again I Islamaphobic, so what the hell do I know ?
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information