Thread: Lancaster Christmasville Firetruck Parade

Lancaster Christmasville Firetruck Parade

The entire parade can be viewed on WKBW's Facebook.

Some individual parade pictures:

Christmasville 1.jpg

Christmasville 2.jpg

Christmasville 4.jpg

Chistmasvillle 5.jpg

Christmasville 6.jpg

The dog and I had to reside in the rear of the house for that 53 minutes.
    Or else, she would have barked the 53 minutes.

As you can see, people didn't just bring chairs to the people's property across the street

Georgia L Schlager

Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; November 28th, 2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Thank you for posting those pictures Lee.

At least they reflect a measure of normalcy in a state and count, y which hears only news of another "Dark Winter."
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Thank you for posting those pictures Lee.

At least they reflect a measure of normalcy in a state and count, y which hears only news of another "Dark Winter."
    Yes, it's a very nice family event. The kids love it.
    And FREE

Georgia L Schlager

Well done Lancaster-Depew Rotary and Tyler Sojka!

Lancaster’s Fire Truck Parade a big success; those involved share gratitude

December 02, 2021

by JAMES SINNER Editor

The Lancaster Christmasville Fire Truck Parade made its 14th annual debut on Saturday night, featuring an array of municipal vehicles adorned in Christmas lights and decorations, set to entertain thousands of onlookers.

Mayor of Lancaster Lynne Ruda says she was thrilled with the turnout. “The 14th Annual Lancaster Christmasville Fire Truck Parade was an incredible event,” she said.

“I am grateful to the Greater Lancaster Museum of Firefighting, especially co-chairs Jerry Enser and Tom Trzepacz, for all of the time and effort behind the scenes that made the parade a flawless event.”

According to Ruda, the event amassed over 26,000 views on its news livestream, bringing the motorcade of over 200 decorated emergency vehicles into homes near and far.

Ruda expressed gratitude to the Lancaster Department of Public works for getting the Central Avenue decorations lit in time for the parade. “As the first emergency vehicles passed over Pleasant Avenue and the Lancaster DPW had coordinated that all of the holiday lights in the village would be lit – with the lighting of the trees, to the light post decorations, to the snowflakes on the New York Store – that moment was nothing short of magical.”

Diane Terranova, president of the Lancaster Depew Rotary Club, was equally pleased with the night’s parade and expressed her gratitude for aid received. “I would like to thank the Village of Lancaster for helping the Rotary to decorate the village, and a big thank-you to the decoration sponsors whose generosity will enable the Rotary to donate $4,000 each to the Tri-Community Food Pantry and the Trinity Food Pantry. We hope to make this a recurring event on our part and to assist those in need. Rotary is ‘Service above self’ and I believe we accomplished this.”

Tyler Sojka, a Village of Lancaster Trustee and Lancaster-Depew Rotary Club member, originated the decoration sponsorship idea which helped make the village shine in time for the big parade. He did this after raising over $4,000 in a previous effort on his own accord. Through restoring large antique decorations from the 70’s to ’90s, he gets area businesses and residents to sponsor a decoration that is placed on their property with the proceeds going toward local charities. After joining the Rotary, Sojka was able to expand his efforts into generating double the proceeds by the time this year’s parade rolled around.

Sojka remarked on the charitable sponsorships raising over $8,000 with his restored decorations. “I really think this has been a success with respect to the food pantries, but I’ve learned that most people in this village and town are as nostalgic as I am,” he said.

“People love these decorations because it reminds them of their childhood. I’m happy that the Rotary is able to do stuff like this for the community, and as long as I’m in the Rotary, we will.”

On how he got the idea to decorate the village, Sojka says it’s kind of a family tradition. “I had an uncle who worked for the DPW, and I vividly remember watching him hang one of these decorations in the middle of a snowstorm sometime in the mid-90’s. It’s funny the stuff that sticks with you your whole life.”

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...are-gratitude/
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That's cool. Good community

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That's cool. Good community
    A great community to live in, Res.

A former Lancaster Supervisor when campaigning for the office said it best: "Despite the politics, a great community to live in. The residents deserve better."

Hopefully, politically speaking, better days will start on January 1, 2022!

Thread Information