Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sojka's relations in the village

Will the Sojka family patronage be moving into the town committees?
    Rinow by Hillary&Tipper, on Flickr

Georgia L Schlager

If you are referring to Greg Sojka’s family hirings in the town or villages that are compensated, none comes to mind. His son Tyler is an elected Village of Lancaster Trustee. Even if Rinow was appointed to the Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA), it is a volunteer, non- compensated position. Anyone else come to mind, Gorga?

How many Wozniak family members are working in town / villages government? I heard somewhere between 9-11 brought up at town board meetings. How many of that number receive compensation? Any idea?

Sounds like ‘apples to oranges’ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Even if Rinow was appointed to the Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA), it is a volunteer, non- compensated position.
    How many Wozniak family members are working in town / villages government? I heard somewhere between 9-11 brought up at town board meetings. How many of that number receive compensation? Any idea?
    It seems to be a case illustrating the glaring difference between uncompensated volunteer public service, and gluttonous, taxpayer-subsidized patronage, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 18th, 2021 at 02:34 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Can you make that font larger?
    I think I'm going to take that ability away soon. Or at least limit the size of the fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think I'm going to take that ability away soon. Or at least limit the size of the fonts.
    That comment was made on November 15, over a month ago, but better late than never, eh?

Extend your modifications to twisted narratives, unsupported stink bombs, libelous assertions, juvenile name-calling, cherry-picked doxing, and senselessly childish emojis, and you will then, well serve your mandate Res.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Yep, is that better?

Sounds like you are sensitive to size.

F&&&& off.
    Hrm... someone must have pissed in your cheerios that morning.

Good. It's obnoxious.

Let me guess, you were expelled from charm school, because I always pour milk on my cereal.

Enjoy your water sports, YUCK-SPLAT; another trolling clown hiding behind a cowardly pseudonym.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 18th, 2021 at 03:54 PM.

Is this language, especially when publicly directed to a personally identifiable poster from an anonymous screen name, okay with you?

Seriously?

What a vulgar swine, eh?

Or, is that post perhaps a Dr. YUCK-SPLAT prescription; another unsought medical remedy suggesting his professed cure for an unspecified ailment?

After all, yesterday, the good "Doctor" already favored Speak Up readers with his learned insights.

I still think we'll all be better off if the Omicron variant whips through the population. Minor symptoms and added immunity to future strains.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 18th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

Sorry Res, I've been using Verdana #4 for a long time. If that's a problem, I have no problem not using it.
    Just let me know and I'll change my ways. I've seen posts with HUGE fonts.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Sorry Res, I've been using Verdana #4 for a long time. If that's a problem, I have no problem not using it.
    Just let me know and I'll change my ways. I've seen posts with HUGE fonts.
    The font size is a strawman diversion.

For the stylistically impaired, is it not the message with all capitol lettering that indicates shouting, not print size?

Reference: https://www.lifewire.com/why-not-to-...l-caps-1173242

Regarding the issue of magnification in general, I have viewed attachments that seem to exaggerate original size, perhaps for shock value, just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 18th, 2021 at 08:10 PM.

Let’s get back to the intent of the thread and Gorga’s recent post – an intent to dismiss the political patronage hirings of Councilman Wozniak’s family / friends and focus on Sojka’s family / friends hirings.

Gorga’s post was a blatant attempt to assail and diminish Sojka / Rinow as political pay back for their bringing to light the political patronage hirings of friends and family – ofttimes violating process and/or procedure guidelines.

It is also a political attempt to diminish Sojka’s role in defeating the Democratic-Republican alliance to usurp all town political ballot lines, thereby depriving Lancaster voters primary and election voting choice.

The election is long over, and some people cannot move on. The new board and their appointees should, and will, be held accountable. That said, they have not taken office and should be given the opportunity to govern before being attacked – like Gorga’s offensive avatar and denigrating closing message.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is this language, especially when publicly directed to a personally identifiable poster from an anonymous screen name, okay with you?

Seriously?

What a vulgar swine, eh?

Or, is that post perhaps a Dr. YUCK-SPLAT prescription; another unsought medical remedy suggesting his professed cure for an unspecified ailment?

After all, yesterday, the good "Doctor" already favored Speak Up readers with his learned insights.
    Do you realize on a tablet or a phone the the fonts you use are so over sized they don't display correctly in some cases?

Do you realize on a tablet or a phone the the fonts you use are so over sized they don't display correctly in some cases?
    Maybe you should offer a sale on laptops?

But, I digress. Is this better?

With the constant departure from the posted rules governing this site, are seriously going to engage an esthetics issue?

It is your site, but if the size font is truly bothersome to you, why did you not step forward much earlier and just initiate the change, rather than respond to what I perceive to be the whims of at least one commenter who was posting in opposition to me?

Kind of appears that you are putting a thumb on a scale, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 19th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe you should offer a sale on laptops?

But, I digress. Is this better?

With the constant departure from the posted rules governing this site, are seriously going to engage an esthetics issue?

It is your site, but if the size font is truly bothersome to you, why did you not step forward much earlier and just initiate the change, rather than respond to what I perceive to be the whims of at least one commenter who was posting in opposition to me?

Kind of appears that you are putting a thumb on a scale, eh?
    I mentioned it because I couldn't read some posts on my phone.. Nothing more than that.

I mentioned it because I couldn't read some posts on my phone.. Nothing more than that.
    I understand Res, and I will make a point of being more sensitive to your concerns.

With that said, I still prefer a more larger, bold-face, for the headlines of the articles a may post; a style frequented by front page newspaper editors since the time of the Penny Press.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information