Thread: Buffalo News Home Delivery PRICE INCREASE

Buffalo News Home Delivery PRICE INCREASE

I just received an email from the Buffalo News 7 day home delivery gone up to $78.00 / MONTH . I have been subscriber for over 25 years...looks like this will be the end..I'll go to Wegmans on Sunday morning and deliver my own paper...They are pricing themselves into oblivion...I will bet there will be alot of cancellations forthcoming!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Now with so many avenues to advertise I don't know how a large local news paper can stay in business. People can now look for coupons online or have them emailed for products they actually want.

Thank you for being a valued subscriber to The Buffalo News. We’re updating our prices to bring you more coverage of our region and new offers from local businesses; all delivered right to your home.

Our newsroom's unmatched depth and experience makes it uniquely able to cover these historic times - we've only just begun. We're hiring more journalists to track and explain the region's changing economy; our Bills coverage has added fresh voices and new videos; and our watchdog team, already the best around, has grown.

We also connect you with loads of great ways to save. Each week, we deliver the best deals in town from our local business partners through inserts and advertisements. These add up to hundreds of dollars in savings each month.

Your subscription includes curated content delivered to your home, and full digital access with the latest updates, videos and photo galleries on BuffaloNews.com. The online E-edition, delivered to your inbox every morning, now has access to a full year of past print editions.

Effective Sat, Dec 04, 2021, your Monday through Sunday home delivery rate will change to 78.00 a month.

No further action is required on your behalf. You may manage your subscription anytime by visiting BuffaloNews.com/myaccount or calling 716-842-1111.

We’re honored to deliver the best coverage of Western New York and exclusive savings from local businesses. Thank you for your continued support.

Tom Wiley

President and Publisher

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Now with so many avenues to advertise I don't know how a large local news paper can stay in business. People can now look for coupons online or have them emailed for products they actually want.
    Maybe I'm crazy but online coupons seem like a hassle. They ask for so much info and you get little, except a bombardment of emails. I'm a seven-day subscriber with the News, like joe d., pretty much for 50 years or so now. Even though the coupons offered aren't nowhere what they were in the past. Then Tops or Wegman's don't even have the items on sale so you can really benefit. I also like the Walgreens and Rite Aid apps with their app coupons. There's a lot of saving on those apps.

I also like supporting local news and will keep the News even with the price increase. Didn't get the email just yet. But, dude, at $80/month, that's the same as my New York Times subscription. You get a lot more info from the Times than the Buffalo News.

By the way, WNYresident, I loved the new proofing on here over the past few days, but now it's gone. What happened with that? Unless it was my browser.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't mean generic coupon sites but manufacturer type sites that offer coupons.

I used to get the paper but stopped. Then I started to grab the sunday paper when we went to the showcase for breakfast but they are gone now.

I've been reading the paper for a very long time..

I still have one of the first copies... that is back from 1880

Buffalo Evening News 1880

They should have stuck to their mission statement. I feel they didn't.

Buffalo Evening News 1880

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    By the way, WNYresident, I loved the new proofing on here over the past few days, but now it's gone. What happened with that? Unless it was my browser.
    I have no idea what you mean.

proofing of what?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I have no idea what you mean.

proofing of what?
    When I misspelled a word, it gave a choice to make a correction. Must have been my browser. Not working now.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is the browser not site related.

don't buy it like everything else let it sit. Over the years they have taken so much out of this paper. plus all their liberal views.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Thread Information