Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Street improvement project

William Street improvement project

Public Information Meeting

Erie County Highways (DPW) have announced that a Public Information Meeting will be held to describe the existing conditions and objectives of the William Street corridor from Transit Road to Bowen Road, as well as, the proposed upgrades for this reconstruction project.

The Open House style meeting will be held at the Lancaster Senior Center, 100 Oxford Ave, Lancaster, NY 14086 on November 10, 2021, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Participants are welcomed to view displays, including drawings and project facts, starting at 6:00 PM. Staff from Erie County and its engineering consultant will be on hand to answer questions and receive public input. COVID protocol will be followed, included the required use of face masks for all attendees.

Comments may be provided in writing on forms to be supplied at the meeting, or by letter from interested persons.

Further information on the project may be obtained from the project website: https://www.cscos.com/williamstreet/

This would be fantastic

Capture555.jpg

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Remove street trees? What is wrong with trees?

A safe road that can handle the volume of traffic along with sidewalks and appropriately sized shoulders

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh like an air strip? Like Union Rd? I literally watched Union and Walden grow since 1982. Maybe I am the way I am because of fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    A safe road that can handle the volume of traffic along with sidewalks and appropriately sized shoulders
    Spot on!

Some of us residing on or in subdivisions accessing William Street have been advocating for this expansion for over 10 years. The county did not possess the funds to make it happen. Federal funding was needed and is now available.

The Town never paid heed to the sprawl development taking place along this corridor - always declaring, "It's a county road, nothing we can do about it. Here's your permit Mr. Developer."

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Remove street trees? What is wrong with trees?
    You couldn't be more right Keep killing trees for and these people wonder why flooding increases and the environment goes kaput. Some of these posters whiny when farmland is lost, or development costs trees, yet, they go nuts when they need a little more time getting around town.

I've been waiting for this for 16 years. The county couldn't generate $5M in 2005 to do this, but this is a step in the right direction. I welcome all changes. The ones that allow for bikes to ride on the shoulder, and people walking on sidewalks from wegmans, aldi, target and walmart.

I wish kids could walk to WSS, but the lack of sidewalks in the area prevent it.

Did anyone go to the meeting tonight? I tried to make it, but i got caught up in home renovations.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    You couldn't be more right Keep killing trees for and these people wonder why flooding increases and the environment goes kaput. Some of these posters whiny when farmland is lost, or development costs trees, yet, they go nuts when they need a little more time getting around town.

Breezy for trees!

Damn all those whiny Lancaster residents complaining about overburdened primary and secondary roads – for years!

Especially on two-lane county roads that have 15,000, or more, daily trip generations. Especially William Street with open drainage ditches, no turning lanes except at four intersections, no bike path lane, or safe walking lanes, the William School, Twin District Fire Hall, the Gateway to Lancaster.

Come on man! Do you even live in Lancaster? Every time you open your mouth you are proving how little you know of Lancaster, what is in its best interests; rather to destroy / cancel someone’s opinion, adding snarky personal opinions. You are becoming more irrelevant over time.

Over 66 years of Democrat and 4 years of Republican controlled Town Boards developers through rezones and rezones of rezones, land segmentation, bogus wetland delineations, wanton destruction and filling in of wetlands in best interest of developer over town best interests, we now experience the wrath of sprawl - overburdened roads, infrastructure issues, flooding and drainage issues.

For years the last three Erie County Legislators fought for this project taking place. The town memorialized the county to take on the project and offered to pipe and fill in the open drainage ditches. There is so much more to add and you post something so shallow and downright stupid!

You noticed I mentioned the four years of a Republican controlled board. They ruled no better when it came to town development. This year their collusion with the Democrat Party to usurp all party lines to suppress voter choice was despicable. This and what should never be forgotten - not your disgusting Dickman BS for political gain!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Breezy for trees!

Damn all those whiny Lancaster residents complaining about overburdened primary and secondary roads – for years!

Especially on two-lane county roads that have 15,000, or more, daily trip generations. Especially William Street with open drainage ditches, no turning lanes except at four intersections, no bike path lane, or safe walking lanes, the William School, Twin District Fire Hall, the Gateway to Lancaster.

Come on man! Do you even live in Lancaster? Every time you open your mouth you are proving how little you know of Lancaster, what is in its best interests; rather to destroy / cancel someone’s opinion, adding snarky personal opinions. You are becoming more irrelevant over time.

Over 66 years of Democrat and 4 years of Republican controlled Town Boards developers through rezones and rezones of rezones, land segmentation, bogus wetland delineations, wanton destruction and filling in of wetlands in best interest of developer over town best interests, we now experience the wrath of sprawl - overburdened roads, infrastructure issues, flooding and drainage issues.

For years the last three Erie County Legislators fought for this project taking place. The town memorialized the county to take on the project and offered to pipe and fill in the open drainage ditches. There is so much more to add and you post something so shallow and downright stupid!

You noticed I mentioned the four years of a Republican controlled board. They ruled no better when it came to town development. This year their collusion with the Democrat Party to usurp all party lines to suppress voter choice was despicable. This and what should never be forgotten - not your disgusting Dickman BS for political gain!
    Dude, I was just agreeing with WNYresident, heck, there are not even a lot of trees in that stretch of William Street anyway.

But, yes, Breezy for trees over your 5 minutes wait to get home!

You have complained for decades of over-development, lost farmland, and on and on. Poor Lee. just can't take the pressure even for a comment on trees. Pretty pathetic. And even making it political when no politics was mentioned.

Once again, little ole Breezy does not speak for the Democratic Party. Never has and never will. And you bring scumbag Dickman into it, and yes, I and a lot of others still believe Dickman is a scumbag for not stopping the filming, which is also not political for me, it's about standing up for what's right and for women. You support the scum, and so many other unfit politicians in Lancaster, and even brought the creep into a comment about trees, for crying out loud.

Maybe you should stay in your very own diary of despair, the melancholy Had enough yet, where you feel comfortable bashing your political targets.

LOL

Breezy wrote:

Dude, I was just agreeing with WNYresident, heck, there are not even a lot of trees in that stretch of William Street anyway.
    Ah, so it was another whimsical retort by one of the personas writing under the anonymous screen name of Breezy. Irrelevance as usual.

You have complained for decades of over-development, lost farmland, and on and on. Poor Lee. just can't take the pressure even for a comment on trees. Pretty pathetic. And even making it political when no politics was mentioned.
    Pressure from irrelevance? Seriously?

Once again, little ole Breezy does not speak for the Democratic Party. Never has and never will.
    So back n 2015 when you posted on Speakup that your job was done getting Lancaster Democrats elected to office and were off to help Hillary Clinton in her campaign was more whimsy? You are not a political operator in any fashion, right? You post you are a moderate, more conservative, yet bash conservatives at every opportunity. Interesting!

And you bring scumbag Dickman into it, and yes, I and a lot of others still believe Dickman is a scumbag for not stopping the filming, which is also not political for me, it's about standing up for what's right and for women. You support the scum, and so many other unfit politicians in Lancaster, and even brought the creep into a comment about trees, for crying out loud.
    Scumbag Dickman, eh? WOW! Gross as usual! And 'no' there are not 'many' others that think that Dickman is guilty of doing anyhing improper.

I support the candidates that ran and won against the mendacious / colluding Republican-Democratic Parties. While Dickman was exonerated of all culpability, Rudz and Wozniak paid the price for their involvement in the dirty politics played to destroy their political opponents integrity. They got crushed on election day.

Can’t you see how foolish you look when you say, “I don’t care what everyone else thinks, the scumbag’ is guilty”

Have a wonderful day ‘screen name.’ That must take some doing for a contrarian

Ah, so it was another whimsical retort by one of the personas writing under the anonymous screen name of Breezy. Irrelevance as usual.

Pressure from irrelevance? Seriously?
    Gee, never said I was relevant, either. If I am irrelevant then why do I get under your skin so many times, LOL ???

So back n 2015 when you posted on Speakup that your job was done getting Lancaster Democrats elected to office and were off to help Hillary Clinton in her campaign was more whimsy?
    Never wrote that, and Hillary ???? Where the heck does that come from ??? She would need no help around these parts.

You post you are a moderate, more conservative, yet bash conservatives at every opportunity. Interesting!
    Only when the Conservative is a lowdown scumbag, are oppressive, or when they degrade people different from themselves.

Scumbag Dickman, eh? WOW! Gross as usual! And 'no' there are not 'many' others that think that Dickman is guilty of doing anyhing improper.

I support the candidates that ran and won against the mendacious / colluding Republican-Democratic Parties. While Dickman was exonerated of all culpability,
    I haven't spoken with one person who thought Adam Dickman was not a scumbag. And that was many. Very many. They all had the same reaction. They all think he should have been fired, voted out of office, and personally sued. He also should have been run out of town on a rail, along with Mammoth. Lee, you have never stuck up for women in all the years I read your posts. We obviously travel in different circles. Lee, you are fooling yourself about the exoneration, it is what it is, but you also promoted Fudoli and Brainard after they were also exposed as unfit for public office, too. You do like the authoritarian types from what I see in your writings - all men. Maybe it's an age thing.

Never wrote that, and Hillary ???? Where the heck does that come from ??? She would need no help around these parts.
    Yea, maybe you didn't write these either?

What you call "discredited" I have to call "earning a merit badge!"

HaHa!

Lee has been attacking Dems for decades, and the others, too. So, when someone finally stands up to them (yes, since Aug. 2013 for me), and in their own language, the whining comes out.

Yes I am a democrat, why does that matter?
    But, what can one expect from...

LOL I am just a troll...
    I haven't spoken with one person who thought Adam Dickman was not a scumbag. And that was many. Very many.
    You need to widen your social circles, eh?

Lee, you have never stuck up for women in all the years I read your posts.

Seriously?

In that light the Lancaster Republicans endorsed Democrat Diane Terranova, an outstanding Town Clerk with extraordinary qualifications, for re-election.

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...desiderio+2019

BTW Breezy, you never did answer Lee's question, "Hey Breezy: What do you think? Is Terranova getting screwed over by her / your party?"

Lee, you are fooling yourself about the Maybe it's an age thing.
    Real class Breezy.

Maybe it's time for you to talk to your Minister(s) or Priest(s)?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 11th, 2021 at 07:51 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Soooo.... can we revert back to what this thread is about?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Soooo.... can we revert back to what this thread is about?
    The killing of innocent trees ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information