Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: William Street improvement project

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    The killing of innocent trees ?
    What about the leaves and fungus, are they not living things?

And the bird nests, what about the bird nests?

Call-out to the CDC, they are now in charge of tenant rights, or don't bird lives matter?

That sort of thinking only benefits those slithering, crawling worms; damn pests basking in the glow of their slimy fish bait privilege!

And they call this the "Great Reset," criminees!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 11th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

County option plans for William Street Improvement Project and comment forms

WSP - 1.jpg

WSP - 2.jpg

WSP - 3.jpg

WSP - 4.jpg

WPS - 5.jpg

Limited to posting 5 images. Remaining two on next post.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Oh like an air strip? Like Union Rd? I literally watched Union and Walden grow since 1982. Maybe I am the way I am because of fumes.
    I also remember when Union Road was transformed. It also says a lot when Lee Chowaniec talked out of both sides of his most when it comes to development, or over-development.

Then the man rips apart Lancaster town leaders on one thread, then expect these same people to bow to his every wish on another thread.

The life of a gadfly is bizzarro.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I also remember when Union Road was transformed. It also says a lot when Lee Chowaniec talked out of both sides of his most when it comes to development, or over-development.

Then the man rips apart Lancaster town leaders on one thread, then expect these same people to bow to his every wish on another thread.

The life of a gadfly is bizzarro.

Comparing Union Road, a State Road (NYS Route 277), a commercial corridor to a two-lane county road in another municipality is absurd.

The number one responsibility of any government agency is to protect public safety. This project serves to do just that.

This project has been supported by town, its residents and the county for years but was never pursued because of lack of county funding.

Are you going to be submitting objection(s) to this project? If so, what are you going to put on your submittal." I don't favor this project because Lee Chowaniec does." Are you going to sign it with your screen name?

Will another question of mine go unanswered?

When you are through bashing me, put out some rational / intelligent comments on the project - pro or con!

Have there been any updates on this? I know they were supposed to spend 2022 in planning to prepare for the 2023 and 2024 road construction.

Not much but this was from an email back in September of this year:

We are still working with the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) to determine which options we can fit in our budget.*

We anticipate having another public information meeting to share the preferred alternative once the funding is determined. Notice will be provided to all the residents along with updated information on the project website (https://www.cscos.com/williamstreet/)

Thank you again for your continued interest in this project!*

-Dan

Daniel T. Borcz, P.E.

Managing Engineer, C&S Companies

(716) 866-3724 (cell); dborcz@cscos.com

Quote Originally Posted by chadjohnson400 View Post
    Not much but this was from an email back in September of this year:

We are still working with the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) to determine which options we can fit in our budget.*

We anticipate having another public information meeting to share the preferred alternative once the funding is determined. Notice will be provided to all the residents along with updated information on the project website (https://www.cscos.com/williamstreet/)

Thank you again for your continued interest in this project!*

-Dan

Daniel T. Borcz, P.E.

Managing Engineer, C&S Companies

(716) 866-3724 (cell); dborcz@cscos.com
    So, they are not saying whether or not they are sticking with their schedule of construction starting in Spring 2023?

Georgia L Schlager

Whenever it is, Enchanted Forest N is going to have nonstop traffic for 2 years. Hope those people are ready.

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing going on this year, even though this was supposed to be year one of construction.

March 2023 Update
    After extensive discussion between Erie County and the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT), funding has been secured and a preferred preliminary design alternative has been identified. A public hearing will be scheduled later this year to present the preferred design alternative and answer any questions you may have. There will be numerous right-of-way (ROW) acquisitions required to complete the project. NYSDOT will be acquiring the property and will be reaching out to all affected owners.

At this time no action is required on your part. Notice will be provided to all the residents once the public hearing date is scheduled. Periodic updates will also be provided on this project website. Please continue to check back!

Here's the new plan.

Ultra slow plan.jpg

The snails appear quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Here's the new plan.

Ultra slow plan.jpg

The snails appear quite fast.
    Ultra slow is an understatement. WTF?
    Did you make your move to Elma yet to be south of the disaster zone?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Did you make your move to Elma yet to be south of the disaster zone?
    We actually decided against it and built a large addition. We have a lot of neighbors that we like here and it's a great neighborhood. I had a neighbor lose his mind over my addition. We've had to call the cops on him and he was, and maybe still is, suing the town, because he believes that they should not have allowed us to build what we did.

I do still hate the taxes here, but the building department has been awesome during this process.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    We actually decided against it and built a large addition. We have a lot of neighbors that we like here and it's a great neighborhood. I had a neighbor lose his mind over my addition. We've had to call the cops on him and he was, and maybe still is, suing the town, because he believes that they should not have allowed us to build what we did.

I do still hate the taxes here, but the building department has been awesome during this process.
    That's great. It's nice when you have good neighbors but there is always that one. It's also nice if your kids are in school, they don't have to change schools and start over with new friends.

Georgia L Schlager

It's looking like 2026 -

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information