Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Bee Story On DPW Sexual Harassment Matter

Lancaster Bee Story On DPW Sexual Harassment Matter

Presented without comment:

Dickman responds to allegations of sexual harassment, Mother of DPW worker speaks out at meeting

October 21, 2021
    by JAMES SINNER Editor

At the regular board meeting for the Town of Lancaster on Monday, Adam Dickman, a town councilman and Lancaster Village Department of Public Works employee, addressed allegations of participating in sexual harassment against a 20-year-old employee of the neighboring village’s DPW.

In July, a cellphone video shot by Dickman began making rounds on the internet, featuring a DPW worker singing what many online and in recent board meetings have called a vulgar, sexist and offensive display.

In front of the singing DPW employee sits a light audience of workers, including the young female worker, who is momentarily shown sitting as the camera pans, then capturing her reaction. At first, she is shown texting. Then notices the camera and smiles briefly, before returning to ignoring the singing employee’s explicit performance.

“It was right before we started work for the day,” Dickman stated in a conversation before Monday night’s regular meeting of the town board. “Basically, this is something that has been going on for a long time. A coworker (singing DPW worker), he would come up with these little funny songs, and every so often he would do his little song in the morning before work in front of everybody.”

When asked if he found the video “sexually offensive and vulgar,” as described by Assemblymember Monica Wallace in a press release on Monday morning, Dickman remarked, “Yes, I would agree with that.”

The next question posed was why Dickman wouldn’t immediately stop something he found sexually offensive and vulgar? He responded, “A lot of people have said: Oh, why didn’t you stop it? I look back now and think maybe I should have stopped it, but in the heat of the moment, that didn’t cross my mind. I am glad that I was able to have the video evidence for her family – her mother and father – it’s a sad situation that happened, which nobody expected.” According to Dickman, the vulgarity of this particular song was a surprise, and the video was a documentation of “evidence.” He did share the video with the young female Village DPW worker’s father shortly after the incident, and according to him, that is all. An official investigation report released by the Village of Lancaster on Tuesday did help confirm that, stating, “The investigation also considered whether DPW employee Adam Dickman violated any policies or laws by recording and distributing the video. The investigation did not reveal any evidence that Mr. Dickman shared the video with anyone other than the stepfather of the young lady who filed the sexual harassment complaint.” How exactly it leaked to the internet remains unclear.

Another question asked of Dickman was why he pointed the camera at the young woman during the coworker’s offensive song. According to him, “The reason that I even turned toward her, I heard a noise or I think a laugh, and I guess I turned and the camera just kind of turned with me.” Even though some have suggested this was participation, Dickman maintains it was “for her protection and everybody else in the room.”

Lastly, The Bee questioned Dickman on his initial intentions for making the video. Did this start out as entertainment, or was it completely for the “protection of the girl and everyone in the room?” He responded, “I would say that it was more for protection because we have had things happen before at work, and there have been videos taken with incidents that have happened at work. This is along with disciplinary actions.”

The mother of the young female DPW worker was in attendance at Monday’s meeting, bringing her concerns over the incident to the board. This article will only refer to the mother by her first name, Roxanne, as to help dissuade any further unwanted attention to this local family. Roxanne conveyed displeasure over the way this matter was addressed in recent days. “Maybe you’ve heard mine and my children’s name recently, being tossed around, because of a video that’s been shared on social media and news outlets.” She added, “That’s my daughter you’re referring to, my dear sweet beautiful daughter.”

Furthermore, Roxanne addressed the allegations toward Dickman. “After hearing about the last board meeting, and then being told about the news articles, while knowing all the parts left out, I was sickened. I realized that this whole situation was being used as a political tactic by people who have been my neighbors, classmates, and people that I’ve known all my life. They were using my daughter – my daughter and her most embarrassing situation – for politics!”

Roxanne also added context to the DPW employee’s performance. “Over the last 1.5 to two years, the ‘DPW worker’ (name replaced for privacy) has been recording those performances with his own phone. Everyone at DPW – every single worker, upstairs and down – knew of these performances. Nobody expected that song on July 15.” Additionally, she said herself that Dickman sent the video to her husband while he was off on knee surgery as a warning of the behavior taking place. She added, “So before someone comes up here, and asks why someone still has a job, do me and my family a favor and ask why is (singing DPW singer) still working.”

According to the aforementioned press release from the Village of Lancaster, the investigation into both Dickman’s and the singing DPW employee’s involvement with this incident produced a “swift reaction” in addressing the individual singing. The Village of Lancaster could not confirm whether this DPW worker was still employed, unemployed, or the any details on what swift action precisely means. Due to the sensitive nature of sharing employee information, a written Freedom of Information Law process is required to ascertain that information.

After thanking the mother of the female DPW worker who stepped up to comment, Dickman made his own formal statement to the public on this matter. “This incident happened now over three months ago. I have not been charged by my employer, the Village of Lancaster, or the Town of Lancaster in any way, shape or form.” He said it was true, “I took the video. I do not condone the behavior in that video.” He added, “As soon as I took that recording I sent the video to the mother and father. I did this for her protection so her parents could decide whether they would take any actions if necessary. After sending the video to her mother and stepfather, I deleted the video, because I did not want this to go any further.” Lastly, he said, “I reacted the way I should have by providing her parents with that footage.”

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...ut-at-meeting/
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 21st, 2021 at 10:43 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Any reaction???
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 21st, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    He did share the video with the young female Village DPW worker’s father shortly after the incident, and according to him, that is all. An official investigation report released by the Village of Lancaster on Tuesday did help confirm that, stating, “The investigation also considered whether DPW employee Adam Dickman violated any policies or laws by recording and distributing the video. The investigation did not reveal any evidence that Mr. Dickman shared the video with anyone other than the stepfather of the young lady who filed the sexual harassment complaint.” How exactly it leaked to the internet remains unclear.
    Why wouldn't they word the comment this way?

“The investigation also considered whether DPW employee Adam Dickman violated any policies or laws by recording and send the video to the woman's parents."

distributing sounds more like he was sending it many people where "sending the video to the woman's parents" is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Any reaction???
    First Dickman says this - “Basically, this is something that has been going on for a long time. A coworker (singing DPW worker), he would come up with these little funny songs, and every so often he would do his little song in the morning before work in front of everybody.”
    That makes it sound as if it he is going to record something for entertainment.
    Then,

Lastly, The Bee questioned Dickman on his initial intentions for making the video. Did this start out as entertainment, or was it completely for the “protection of the girl and everyone in the room?” He responded, “I would say that it was more for protection because we have had things happen before at work, and there have been videos taken with incidents that have happened at work. This is along with disciplinary actions.”
    I don't buy it at all

Georgia L Schlager

Dickman - maybe I should have stopped it

Real sincere isn't he.
    Just wish those people that had received a copy of the video had the BALLS to come forward
    and show their evidence

Georgia L Schlager

he saw an obvious workplace sexual harassment issue that has exposure for the town as a private family matter?

this is someone who should be a town councilman?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    he saw an obvious workplace sexual harassment issue that has exposure for the town as a private family matter?

this is someone who should be a town councilman?
    That interview was one he should have opted out of.
    The reporter also wrote- "How it leaked to the internet remains unclear."

Especially when the only copy he had was allegedly sent to the parents of the girl.
    And the village bought that BS.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And perhaps the parents sent the video to the village board to report the issue. Then one of the board members "leaked" it to wnymedia.net.

The parents did report this to the village... right? With proof of the event? (the video)

Gorja... your know better.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    And perhaps the parents sent the video to the village board to report the issue. Then one of the board members "leaked" it to wnymedia.net.

The parents did report this to the village... right? With proof of the event? (the video)

Gorja... your know better.
    it is truly bizarre that this is the most important aspect for you.

if a woman is harassed by village employees, and there is legal risk as a result, and it involves a town councilman, and the incident was recorded....is it *really* your position that the citizens should not see that video out of concern for politics? and that the chain of custody of the video is the *real* problem that needs to be solved?

or, is that *only* true in this *one* situation because you don't like who is on the hot seat as a result.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    it is truly bizarre that this is the most important aspect for you.

if a woman is harassed by village employees, and there is legal risk as a result, and it involves a town councilman, and the incident was recorded....is it *really* your position that the citizens should not see that video out of concern for politics? and that the chain of custody of the video is the *real* problem that needs to be solved?

or, is that *only* true in this *one* situation because you don't like who is on the hot seat as a result.

It's important if that is what happened. I'm surprised wnymedia.... Mark if it's still him... isn't telling people who gave him the video to distribute on youtube and on his website. That would literally clear everything up. But no... just keep the BS going until election time.

I don't have an opinion if the video should be seen or not. My opinion is it was leaked to do political damage to someone running against the controlling group in the town of lancaster.

Mark can be a man and easily settle this. How did he get the video and we need to ask that person where they got the video from. If it was "texted" or "emailed" there will be a chain of possession. Is the council person a part of that chain? That might not be the correct term.

I don't know these people. They can all be incompetent far as I know.

somehow, i bet you didn't take such a hard line on wikileaks revealing their source in 2016, amirite?

wnymedia has no obligation to reveal their source. this is like any sensitive information. the more people you tell, the more likely it is that someone is going to find out who you don't want to find out.

i have a hard time believing that you (anyone) think a video which could lead to a lawsuit with potential taxpayer liability and in which a town councilman was involved in should be hidden from taxpayers and voters.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We are not talking about wikileaks... We are talking about small 2 bit "political clubs" in our community.

Of course they have no obligation to reveal their source. Good excuse. I bet if the video was literally sent from the council person to a employee then to wnymedia proving that the council person was distributing the video that email would be posted up. But it's not. You know why? Because the council person wasn't "distributing" the video to multiple people. I could be wrong but most likely not. Come on Mark. Prove me wrong.

Where do you get that I ever said or implied that the video should be hidden from the taxpayers and voters?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We are talking about small 2 bit "political clubs" in our community.
    As that is what it is throughout Erie County.

Dickman PROVES His Scumbag Status in Bee Article

I give credit to the Bee reporter for the article published concerning the video that has cause so much controversy, and inflamed the 2021 general election season, especially on here, and especially with readers who are clearly paying attention to the scandal. As Frank Lee Blunt would say: Just wait until you see what is coming !!!

LOL

A good job by Bee reporter James Sinner.

Of course Adam Dickman proves once again to me that he is the scumbag of the 2021 campaign. Even though Frank Lee Blunt has posted so much crap, countless lies including charges that would bring jail time yet he has ZERO proof, and his non-stop untruths and so very FAR OUT charges, I have to say that in Adam Dickman we have seen an even more lowdown and dirty politician than even FLB.

Anyway, one thing really stuck out to me in the article, and an obvious lie on the part of the desperate politician - - - even worse if the unscrupulous man actually expects us to believe what he's selling. Here's what Wonder Boy states in an answer to a key question by Mr. Sinner:

"Another question asked of Dickman was why he pointed the camera at the young woman during the coworker’s offensive song. According to him, “The reason that I even turned toward her, I heard a noise or I think a laugh, and I guess I turned and the camera just kind of turned with me.” Even though some have suggested this was participation, Dickman maintains it was “for her protection and everybody else in the room.”

(Readers, I could do an entire thread on that statement. What a BUFFOON. "the camera just kind of turned with me," like it has a mind of its own ???) Anyway, more seriously...

So I went back and replayed the awful video. Unfortunately, I had to in order to see what I thought - that Dickman was full of crap. Also unfortunately, when the troubled councilman zooms in on the young lady, this is, sadly, the most disturbing and degrading moment in a production. Dickman states that "I heard a noise or I think a laugh" at which point that led him to believe, not only that he needed to protect the young woman, but that's what caught his attention to zoom in.

That is an outright falsehood.

If you watch the moment before the zooming, you can see the young woman looking at her phone, not laughing at all, and at that point Dickman begins to shift the camera from the singer toward the young lady. She does not begin to laugh until she realizes that the creep is filming her, and then she looks toward him and giggles. How can Councilman Dickman possibly say he "heard a noise or I think a laugh" when it did not occur until later ???

Of course the idea that he filmed her reaction in order to protect her is also absurd. I'd like to ask him why he would think that. You claim that someone's laugh caught your attention and this needs some type of protection ??? Readers, this is just more evidence that this man has twisted this around so much, that, how can anyone possibly believe anything he says ????? He's obviously trying to save his political scalp. He obviously thinks he is smarter than all the rest of us. And he obviously thinks no one will go back and check to see if he is a lowdown liar.

At what point will he just apologize instead of claiming to be some kind of hero ????

You hear a noise and that noise needs protection ??? And the noise didn't even happen until you zoom in ?????

Of course we all know Adam Dickman was giggling in the video. Why was that really, Adam ??

SCUMBAG!

Hey WNYresident, can we line Councilman Dickman up with Tucker Carlson for an interview next ??? Tucker would do a job on this man.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    We are not talking about wikileaks... We are talking about small 2 bit "political clubs" in our community.
    Hold on, Pal !!!

On another Lancaster thread, just today, you crow about your standing on internet traffic and made comparisons to national broadcast sites, in order to rightly pound your chest; yet, on this thread we see another approach, one that seems to counter what you wrote on the other thread.

Hmmm...

I think there is a word for that !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information