Thread: Lorall Lake

Lorall Lake

As I have recently started walking on the Heritage trail again, I don't see the beach erosion of years past.
    I see the large drainage pipes under the sand to discharge into the lake. Apparently, Mr Hangauer's plan must
    have corrected the earlier issues.

Bear in mind the east end of Nichter Rd and the lake aren't really visible from the trail due to all the greenery
    at that point. So I can't say that area is erosion free

Shortstuff, have you heard anything from any of your acquaintances on Lorall Lake?

It's nice to see that area and they had a hot summer to enjoy their beach and lake.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    As I have recently started walking on the Heritage trail again, I don't see the beach erosion of years past.
    I see the large drainage pipes under the sand to discharge into the lake. Apparently, Mr Hangauer's plan must
    have corrected the earlier issues.

Bear in mind the east end of Nichter Rd and the lake aren't really visible from the trail due to all the greenery
    at that point. So I can't say that area is erosion free

Shortstuff, have you heard anything from any of your acquaintances on Lorall Lake?

It's nice to see that area and they had a hot summer to enjoy their beach and lake.
    Hi gorja, nice to hear from you.

Yes, the Board of Director's 5 years ago were able to work collectively with the homeowners and the Code Enforcement Officer to address the major site line on the east end where the large drainage pipe exists. Since then, the new BOD's has worked hand in hand with the homeowners to continue to address the seasonal runoff issues. It is told to me by the homeowners that this current summer rains were not as bad, so that has helped with the erosion issues. They groom weekly from what I gather and Tom Ferry has been nurtured, so he is contained.

Tom Ferry took about 100 yards of fill from my addition dig for the SW lot on Nichter. It's amazing how hard it is to get rid of fill.

Thread Information