Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wojtowicz to seek seat vacated by Weinstein

Wojtowicz to seek seat vacated by Weinstein

Former Amherst Council Member Richard A. Wojtowicz has announced his candidacy for the vacant Town Board seat formerly held by Supervisor Barry Weinstein, a seat that may cease to exist if voters approve downsizing of the board in a November referendum.

Wojtowicz, 55,a Republican mortgage broker, served on the Town Board from 2000 to 2004. The endorsed Republican candidate, he will seek the Conservative and Independence lines.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...ticle84700.ece
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Why We Need To Downsize

Could there be a better reason to vote for downsizing with the candidates running for the vacated seat. One term was enough of WOJO.

I agree about Wojo but I think the fact that he is the only candidate teels a lot about how the pols think this is going to go. I am OPPOSED to downsizing, after seeing how lockstep the TB is and having watched them operate for years. Downsizing means less representation for akk of us. It is hard enough to get your voice heard in Amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing View Post
    I agree about Wojo but I think the fact that he is the only candidate teels a lot about how the pols think this is going to go. I am OPPOSED to downsizing, after seeing how lockstep the TB is and having watched them operate for years. Downsizing means less representation for akk of us. It is hard enough to get your voice heard in Amherst.
    we'l see what the town does and if the village comes out to vote..they did on Tues.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Lock Step Silent Majority

Amherst is too large (54 square miles) not to have representation that a ward system would provide. Ask the people if they feel they are represented.

Then the "emperor for life: spoke:
    “This is petty politics, which we haven’t had all year,” said Weinstein, a Republican. “This is an attempt to undo the election of last year,” he later said. (BUFFALO NEWS article)

In every government the slogan today is "transparency and accountability' just not in Amherst where dissent is not allowed to speak.

I invite anyone who thinks that a ward system is a good idea to spend 8 seconds studying the City of Buffalo. That should disabuse any thinking person of that notion once and for all. The Amherst Democratic Party, bringing dysfunctional government to your town, too!

If You Cant Win Change The Rules

Once again the Amherst Democratic Party wants to change the rules because they cant win in Amherst. It starts with leadership- Dennis Ward is a political whore.There commitee would have a hard time getting jobs as greeters for walmart. Amherst is a great Town because we kept people like Dennis Ward out. Manna will be gone next year.

Do you honestly think this is a good board? They seem to be lock step with Barry. Nothing wonderful has been done. They operate behind closed doors or at hours when no one can attend the work sessions. I think they're pathetic. I don't see Manna as a genius but what can he do with one vote?

Voting for Wojo would be a big mistake. He was a rubber stamp last time around and most of his resolutions were written in the Youth Dept. He lied about writing something and took credit for the work of others.

On the other hand no one with brains would want to be associated with the group that sits on the board now. No progress just promises of no increase in taxes for 4 more years. The same thing that got Jimmy Griffin elected in Buffalo a long time ago and led the City into the mess it is today.

One-party rule abuse.

What we don't need is another certain Weinstein lock-stepper dictating local government. Having one party ruling does not work whether it is in Amherst, Albany or Washington... or, whether Democrat or Republican.

Weinstein's Republican regime has proven to be a disaster for this Town. It is time to get an independent thinker to challenge his "I-know-better-than-the-rest-of-you mentality" and the resulting policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    What we don't need is another certain Weinstein lock-stepper dictating local government. Having one party ruling does not work whether it is in Amherst, Albany or Washington... or, whether Democrat or Republican.

Weinstein's Republican regime has proven to be a disaster for this Town. It is time to get an independent thinker to challenge his "I-know-better-than-the-rest-of-you mentality" and the resulting policies.
    What "disaster for this Town" are you referring to? You've made this statement before, but never provide any examples.

I sent FOIL requests to Mr. Weinstein asking for copies of the deeds, permits to abandon the underground storage tank or any information as to what this home may have been prior to being a residence. The only records provided to me was a floor plan of the home from 1994/95, and an assessment form? with white out on it putting in the WNYDDSO as the owner. They said no other information regarding this property was available in the Amherst Town Clerk's Office.

Quote Originally Posted by amhresident View Post
    What "disaster for this Town" are you referring to? You've made this statement before, but never provide any examples.
    Exhibit A:

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115126

Thumbs up Jim Tricoli Write In Candidate

I am going to write in Jim Tricoli for Amherst Town Board. The meetings would be interesting again. Jim would be his own person. Write in Jim Tricoli.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    I am going to write in Jim Tricoli for Amherst Town Board. The meetings would be interesting again. Jim would be his own person. Write in Jim Tricoli.
    Well between all of your friends who came out to sweep you into State Committee and the all the voices in Tricoli's head, he should have no problem getting 20 or even 30 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    Town Board? Why not Governor?? Tricoli doesn't know how to be his own man. One of the voices in his head is Dan Ward's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information