Earth is warming faster than previously thought, scientists say, and the time to slash greenhouse gas emissions is now

(CNN)As the world battles historic droughts, landscape-altering wildfires and deadly floods, a landmark report from global scientists says the window is rapidly closing to cut our reliance on fossil fuels and avoid catastrophic changes that would transform life as we know it.

The state-of-the-science report from the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says the world has rapidly warmed 1.1 degrees Celsius higher than pre-industrial levels, and is now careening toward 1.5 degrees — a critical threshold that world leaders agreed warming should remain below to avoid worsening impacts.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/world...pcc/index.html

Yet we won't see the elected officials pushing this setting examples for everyone. We won't see them giving up their cars, planes and or large homes. Nope.. they will just make items more expensive for everyone else.

I was at Wegman's yesterday. I didn't' realize how costly food has become. I was look through the prepared items and was surprised at the pricing.