Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Condo Law 339-y tax break hype

Well, Lee, at least you’re advocating for eliminating tax breaks that are simply political giveaways too….senior tax breaks, veterans tax breaks….”charity” giveaways. And it continues to puzzle me why you, the editorial board of the shoe shine rag, the assessors, never want to discuss the fact that a fix for this problem is already on the books and can solve the problem overnight but is ignored. And, not surprisingly, proving once again that they are ill informed on still another issue on which they editorialize, a condominium is a form of legal ownership, it is not a building design. But the really funny part about this whole argument is that it plays right into the hands of politicians like Fatso in Amherst because it sets taxpayer against taxpayer instead of brining unified voter pressure to bear on Fatso and his ilk. There is still another solution for anyone who feels cheated by this law….buy a condo. Envy is a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Well, Lee, at least you’re advocating for eliminating tax breaks that are simply political giveaways too….senior tax breaks, veterans tax breaks….”charity” giveaways. And it continues to puzzle me why you, the editorial board of the shoe shine rag, the assessors, never want to discuss the fact that a fix for this problem is already on the books and can solve the problem overnight but is ignored. And, not surprisingly, proving once again that they are ill informed on still another issue on which they editorialize, a condominium is a form of legal ownership, it is not a building design. But the really funny part about this whole argument is that it plays right into the hands of politicians like Fatso in Amherst because it sets taxpayer against taxpayer instead of brining unified voter pressure to bear on Fatso and his ilk. There is still another solution for anyone who feels cheated by this law….buy a condo. Envy is a terrible thing.
    Believe me, Grump, when I say that I have presented your 'fix' numerous times over the years to municipalities, Assessors and builders and it is met with with 'crickets'!

This latest 'targeted' plan is just same old same old political grandstanding BS! Everyone should pay their fair share in taxes based on property market value BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Believe me, Grump, when I say that I have presented your 'fix' numerous times over the years to municipalities, Assessors and builders and it is met with with 'crickets'!

This latest 'targeted' plan is just same old same old political grandstanding BS! Everyone should pay their fair share in taxes based on property market value BS.
    I was there when I heard your proposals throughout the years Lee...

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Lee ..Worried about condo taxation?...while you had your head searching for hemorrhoids...Marrano and Kulp just gave Penny's / Blvd Mall location an assessment reduction of 63% ! on the backs of Amherst residents and all of Erie Co property owners!

‘Condo’ tax breaks shift cost burdens to the rest of us

Twenty years of hearing on the unfairness of Condominium Law 339-y, promises of amendment by the Democrats when taking over the NYS Senate in 2019, and the BS continues that someone is looking into correcting the injustice / inequality of the act.

Another Voice: ‘Condo’ tax breaks shift cost burdens to the rest of us

https://buffalonews.com/opinion/edit...d2d16fa21.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information