Thread: Birds roosting under window a/c

Birds roosting under window a/c

In the first week of April, I had robins making a nest under my window air conditioner. Removed the a/c and the nest from the window and didn't put it back until the first week of May.

Now the sparrows are roosting under it. I hit the air conditioner with a rake to scare them out from under it. Then, I was trying to put something along the side of the a/c with my arms outstretched and a little f'n bird flew out at me. It startled me and I fell down. Good thing I wasn't on a ladder.

I just ordered something called Birdx Spikes to put on the window sill to deter them from roosting.
    Bird Spikes by Bird-X

Bird-X polycarbonate plastic bird spikes are used on buildings and structures worldwide to eliminate the roosting and nesting surfaces of pest birds. Birds avoid landing on spikes as humans avoid walking on a bed of nails. These spikes are not lethal, just extremely irritating, intimidating, and uninviting. Polycarbonate spikes are clear and lightweight and provide a low-profile method of keeping birds off your property.

Birds get the message: "Keep OFF!"

As an added precaution, I also ordered Irri-tape.

Get Rid of Birds, Save Money
    • Scares Birds with Sight & Sound
    • Reduces Bird Infestations
    • Inexpensive Solution
    • Reduces Damages
    How It Works
    Irri-Tape® is designed to utilize sight and sound to scare birds away from an effected area. The irridescent material shimmers and shines in the sunlight, disorienting and confusing any bird that catches a glimpse. Irri-Tape also creates a metallic noise as it flaps in the wind, adding an additional threatening sound to keep pest birds away.

Irri-Tape® is designed to utilize sight and sound to scare birds away from an effected area. The irridescent material shimmers and shines in the sunlight, disorienting and confusing any bird that catches a glimpse. Irri-Tape also creates a metallic noise as it flaps in the wind, adding an additional threatening sound to keep pest birds away.

I hope they solve the problem.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are the family of birds really bothering you that much? The little family of robins I had on the window sill didn't really cause any mess or anything....

If it was a closed window, it wouldn't bother me. But I got the inside gaps around the air conditioner just filled with insulating material and I'm afraid they'll find a way into the house.

Georgia L Schlager

!

Just killed the feather things end of problem !
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information