Thread: United States Influence

United States Influence

BP was awarded a lucrative oil-drilling contract with Libya after they asked Scotland to release the Lockerbie bomber. I have absolutely no doubt about this fact. My question is why does Great Britain think they can do this to us without consequences? The display that President Obama put on in the joint news conference with the British Prime Minister was pathetic. They used the term "violent agreement". Do they think we're idiots? Are they idiots? Obama should have made it clear that any economic gain BP and Great Britain realize from this blood money will be dwarfed by the loss of goodwill between our governments. They let that murderer go for money.

This was absolutely pathetic that Scotland released the man who helped murder 200 innocent people.

I'm not shocked Obama said nothing and was more concerned with smoothing things over than sticking up for American interests. Par for the course.

Did he also bow?
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

His response is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    BP was awarded a lucrative oil-drilling contract with Libya after they asked Scotland to release the Lockerbie bomber. I have absolutely no doubt about this fact. My question is why does Great Britain think they can do this to us without consequences? The display that President Obama put on in the joint news conference with the British Prime Minister was pathetic. They used the term "violent agreement". Do they think we're idiots? Are they idiots? Obama should have made it clear that any economic gain BP and Great Britain realize from this blood money will be dwarfed by the loss of goodwill between our governments. They let that murderer go for money.
    I think the bigger question is why is Schumer and the other Dem's goign after BP, when it was the British Govt who approved the release??

It would be like HSBC donating money to Obama's campaign and then when Obama pardoned a HSBC exec who was convicted of fraud Schumer would blame HSBC for it!

BP could have bribed the British govt with TRILLIONS of dollars... but it was the British govt who took the money and released the murder not BP!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

So much for "the War on terrorism"... More like "Lets make a deal!" pathetic...

We are going to lose the war on terrorism because we don't have the will or the brains to do what it takes.
    I wonder what goes on behind the scenes at these meetings between world leaders. They know the truth. How much cursing goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    I think the bigger question is why is Schumer and the other Dem's goign after BP, when it was the British Govt who approved the release??

It would be like HSBC donating money to Obama's campaign and then when Obama pardoned a HSBC exec who was convicted of fraud Schumer would blame HSBC for it!

BP could have bribed the British govt with TRILLIONS of dollars... but it was the British govt who took the money and released the murder not BP!
    +1000 internets.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

His response is disgraceful.

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    +1000 internets.
    Only 1000
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Only 1000
    Actually, I missed a zero. I tend to hand out 10000 at a time
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Thread Information