Thread: She lost, but Kathy Weppner (aka Kathy from Williamsville on the radio) ran for judge

She lost, but Kathy Weppner (aka Kathy from Williamsville on the radio) ran for judge

OMG I can't imagine her being a judge. I don't know anything about the incumbent but I have a hard time believing Weppner would have been an improvement.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was surprised when I heard she was running. I don't know what type of experience would make for a good judge. And how does one define "Good" as a judge goes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    ...how does one define "Good" as a judge goes.
    Inversely proportional to the number of times they intentionally lie down on railroad tracks in the immediate path of an oncoming freight train(?).Or, possibly, directly proportional to the number of hoodlums and so-called 'mobsters' with whom they associate(?). Seriously, I have no idea upon what metric(s) one would judge a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    And how does one define "Good" as a judge goes.
    follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights
    if two people come in with the same charges give them the same treatment/avoid biases

her radio host behavior just makes me think she wouldn't control any biases and would get shrill on the bench like she would on air
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I see what you mean and agree

Issues of Democrat or Republican aside, Amherst has one of the busiest Town courts in WNY. Kathy does not have a law degree. Kara does.

I am biased - but I do believe a judge should have that background / education.

I am more stuck on the idea that she got nominated in the first place. Between no Rep counter to the Mayor (what a lost opportunity!) and now this - the Rep leadership in WNY is due for replacement.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    Inversely proportional to the number of times they intentionally lie down on railroad tracks in the immediate path of an oncoming freight train(?).Or, possibly, directly proportional to the number of hoodlums and so-called 'mobsters' with whom they associate(?). Seriously, I have no idea upon what metric(s) one would judge a judge.
    So by your metrics, a judge convicted of two felonies related to the abuse of his office as was Michalek, constitutes a good judge. What a strange person you must be.

Thread Information