Thread: I want to fire up the Blogging features....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I want to fire up the Blogging features....

I want to fire up the Blogging features....

I current have all the blogging features turned off for registered users. I'll make up a subset of registered users that will be allowed to blog as a test...

I don't completely understand the difference from a blogging section versus what we discuss in the forums but they are available.

Anyone here like to be test subjects?

Sure. Sign me up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Anyone here use twitter? It seems so useless...

what topics?

It's your blog.
    Whatever floats your boat.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

you could get it started by inviting local pols to blog - invite Ted and Mary - give them a set max of characters. Allow them to comment on the comments. Mary probably won't show up. She'll be too busy riding the new float boat. Her standard answer to every comment is "you can't please everyone, if we did that then someone would complain that..."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm still screwing around with the font colors on the blog section. I can't figure out which stylevarible controls font color the blog side bar. I accidentally tweaked the background/font color both to white so you don't see the characters. Maybe I should read the manual before continuing I might even look at what available templates are out there... Might be something slick looking.

I don't know what topics or categories would be the best yet... I don't want people doing a "diary" of their lives so I'm open up for advice. So we will have to set some standards.

Hobbies are good... specially if you are good at your hobbies like gardening, coin collecting, metal detecting, quilting, cooking, etc..People learn from others.....Excellent for grabbing googly traffic...

Then there are topics like "Experts in their field"... Business people who really do provide a value in what they do. Mentors. Excellent networking opportunity for anyone involved.

Then we have true activist... not just whiners.. Community development, people who actively volunteer to make the community better for kids, people who organize fundraisers, pet activist..

I believe the blog topics should be organized differently than the "front page" content part we'll fire up once the blogs are organize... I want to use the new content CMS part of the package to redo the front of onlinebuffalo.com/front page of speakupwny. I haven't really thought about that part just yet. It's slick.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    It's your blog.
    Whatever floats your boat.
    Speakup isn't "mine". It's just a script that runs on a server.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    you could get it started by inviting local pols to blog - invite Ted and Mary - give them a set max of characters. Allow them to comment on the comments. Mary probably won't show up. She'll be too busy riding the new float boat. Her standard answer to every comment is "you can't please everyone, if we did that then someone would complain that..."
    Ever read what some elected officials write in the bee and small local papers? They have been so busy blowing smoke up their own asses and patting themselves on the back they actually believe they are doing a good job... You really want to give them a soap box to stand on?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Something is going on... I just noticed some of the letters are light yellow now on the blog side bar...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Ever read what some elected officials write in the bee and small local papers? They have been so busy blowing smoke up their own asses and patting themselves on the back they actually believe they are doing a good job... You really want to give them a soap box to stand on?
    But it would be to give the public a chance to directly respond to their smoke.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    True....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Im' just popping up adsense adds on the top. Where you see those I want to have the short term ads for the politicians running for office. YOu know..that "ad space available..." stuff

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    SafeWNY. I think I have you setup as a registered blogger with a blog name of SafeWNY.

See if you have any new buttons in the blog section/threads

Play around if you would like to customize what you can. I can delete the blog and start you off fresh once you get the hang of what you can do.

I can also go and add lastest blog entries to the side bar on the front of the forums...

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Thread Information