Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Even Buffalo News losing faith in Obama, ObamaCare

Even Buffalo News losing faith in Obama, ObamaCare

Beware health costs

The only two ways President Obama can pay for his health care overhaul are to raise taxes or add to the deficit. Both are bad ideas.

Reports starting to raise worries about reform's lack of containment

Month by month, President Obama's heath care reform is looking like more of an impending disaster for the American people.

Independent groups, as well as the government's own Department of Health and Human Services, are reporting it eventually will suffer huge losses, adding to the federal deficit … the reverse of what the president told the public was going to happen.

Health and Human Services estimates a 1 percent increase in spending over 10 years … but warns the actual increase could be much higher because deep Medicare cuts are likely to be rolled back as unrealistic and unsustainable. Those cuts also could drive up to 15 percent of the nation's hospitals and nursing homes into the red, the report added.

What is surprising is that a person as astute as the president still refuses to listen to public concerns and study what is likely to happen … the achievement of his goal of increasing coverage, but the abject failure of his promised twin goal of cutting health care costs.

The president doesn't have to go far for that study. Essentially, Massachusetts' universal health care plan, put in place in 2006, is very close to what the president has set up.

What can he learn from that state's program?

-- It turned out to be extraordinarily costly. Consumers in the state now pay 15 percent more in premiums than the national average and costs are increasing yearly. The state's division of health care policy and finance warned that "health care in Massachusetts is projected to cost $3,000 more per person by 2018 than the national average," and that costs could exceed a third of the average Massachusetts family's income by 2016.

-- For government employees, the increased costs are paid largely by government … and that means by taxpayers.

-- The increase in coverage unmasked potential doctor shortages. A bill has been introduced to make doctor participation in government health programs a condition of state licensing.

-- Emergency room visits, supposed to be reduced by more insurance coverage, have increased by 7 percent since 2006 and waits and crowding are problems.

-- The state imposed price controls, as the federal government would like to do. So far, 86 percent of premium increase requests have been rejected but then the state appeals board reversed most of these rulings … but not before the state's five major insurers lost $116 million and three of them fell under administrative oversight because of their financial losses.

-- Massachusetts now has the highest average insurance premiums in the nation, according to the Commonwealth Fund, and its businesses saw a 22 percent premium increase this year. And discussions now include access to costly tests and procedures … in other words, care rationing.

-- "Gaming" the insurance mandate … individuals purchasing required insurance when facing medical bills, dropping it when they're not … has increased, and state officials estimate that the abuse, illegal under the federal plan, amounts to a 1 percent tax on everyone else.

One of Obama's promises was that employees would continue to have the same health coverage, but there are loopholes … one of which is that many companies are considering dropping their employee health insurance and instead paying the prescribed fine, which is far less costly. Another is that this promise won't count if a company switches health insurers, a common practice as competitive bids are sought.

It is foolhardy to think that you can pay for 30 percent more people's health care insurance and save money. The president refuses to consider the economic consequences for what he has stubbornly wrought, but the only way he can cover huge increases in health costs is to increase taxes or add to the deficit, both huge mistakes in this economy
    Hmm... I'm glad people are starting to wake up, finally.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/07/1...s.html#comment

Overall, 44% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-five percent (55%) disapprove.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

6 1/2 more years to go.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    6 1/2 more years to go.
    LOL! 1.20.2013

This country can't afford another 18 months of this, let alone -god forbid- a re-election of Obummer. That might just sink us.

Hey.. I know.. You have a problem with Obama saving the auto industry.

You have a problem with Bush and later Obama saving the banking industry and financial industy.

You have a problem with saving people's jobs..

Like these industries would of started up tomorrow with your input.

6 1/2 more years to go.
    This is atleast the third time you've said this. Please explain how u feel that a potus that will have below 40% approval rating by year end will be elected?

Remember "its the economy stupid" and its only getting worse under Obama!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    This is atleast the third time you've said this. Please explain how u feel that a potus that will have below 40% approval rating by year end will be elected?

Remember "its the economy stupid" and its only getting worse under Obama!
    I will say it 10 more times.

Explain to who.. YOU.. What did you do in the last 18 months? Most people on this board can't wipe their ass let alone own or operate a company..

But they are experts..

Yeah right.. Go buy defunct NanoDynamics . Show me like they say in Montana..

Explain to me what you could of done better.. and you know.. You have hindsight now.. But even with that you would not have a damn clue..

Hey.. I know.. You have a problem with Obama saving the auto industry.

You have a problem with Bush and later Obama saving the banking industry and financial industry.

You have a problem with saving people's jobs..

Like these industries would of started up tomorrow with your input.

Nothing here says why President Obama will get reelected.

As for the auto industry, President Obama and Co did not save it. They bailed out 2 of the 3. Ford did not take a bailout and has the highest stock price in 5 years. If you do not think voters are going to be reminded of this come election time, you are dumber than I thought.

At the end of the day, when the next election rolls around, "Bush" is not going to work. The American voter is dumb but not that dumb. President Obama is going to have to run on his body of work. As of today, the jury is still out and the general public is not impressed.

So to say 6.5 years at this point is just foolish. Unless you can provide more depth to your argument. I would love to hear that instead of an irrelevant critique on the mindset of a poster.

What did you do in the last 18 months? Most people on this board can't wipe their ass let alone own or operate a company..
    Here is what you do not get.

If you are someone who simply wants the government to leave them alone as much as possible, the argument of what did you do fits.

These people did not vote for President Obama the first time around and are not going to in the next election.

However, there are people who feel that the government should do as much as possible for everyone. These people are going to expect results. Not from their own effort but from the government.

Point being, the results are not there.

A lot of people thought they would have great free insurance by now. They don't.

A lot of people thought the big bad corporations would get bitch slapped by D.C. They didn't.

A lot of people thought Bush was to blame for everything they hated about their plot in life, he isn't and electing someone different proved that.

The campaign that President Obama ran to get elected was "change the course" and the campaign to stay in office is going to be a "keep the course", if you do not see the differences between the two...well I just do not know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Nothing here says why President Obama will get reelected.

As for the auto industry, President Obama and Co did not save it. They bailed out 2 of the 3. Ford did not take a bailout and has the highest stock price in 5 years. If you do not think voters are going to be reminded of this come election time, you are dumber than I thought.

At the end of the day, when the next election rolls around, "Bush" is not going to work. The American voter is dumb but not that dumb. President Obama is going to have to run on his body of work. As of today, the jury is still out and the general public is not impressed.

So to say 6.5 years at this point is just foolish. Unless you can provide more depth to your argument. I would love to hear that instead of an irrelevant critique on the mindset of a poster.
    I am not going to repeat my statements because I already said them on other threads over and over and over.. People already read them.. People refuse to see them..People ignored them..

If people want to repeat the same garbage instead of the issues that were stated many times before. I will too..

You can call it bail outs, loans etc it doesn't matter.. In my book, it is called saving jobs and stabilizing the economy.. That is it..

In the auto industry- these jobs would have been lost forever.. Period. Middle class jobs-

Oh yeah.. Let them die.. It is capitalism.. Tomorrow, ten more will start up .. Yeah overseas.. The right and left wing can open one NOW.. Do it.. No one is stopping anyone. It is so easy..

They couldn't sell Saturn. Who will build your tank? Will build your Trucks? GM built these..I stated all this before.. This is also called National Security. This is one example of "ignorant and dumbness."

Screw Americans-- you people prefer it to go overseas like LandRover did. It didn't work out your way.

I am fed up with people that have nothing to say and others that defend others that have nothing to say. I am not wasting my time anymore explaining. There is 6 1/2 more years so find a life.. You guys have voted for Volker, Stachowski and Thompson every election. This foreign born white guy has been there only 18 months..

When people don't say anything about how screw up our State gov is but continues to be fixated on a half white Harvard educated scholar, what does that tell me? They think they have their own TV , Radio and print program here and imitate the left or right wing people.

Obama is doing.. There is no book.. He goes back to advisors and alot were the same Bush people. We may not agree on the process but it is the end results that matter.. Do we take care of Americans First?

Oh, Friday.. One of Obama's promises was to require insurance companies to cover pre-existing health conditions. The House legislation states that "qualified health benefits plan may not impose any pre-existing condition exclusion."

What is wrong with helping our people that were denied coverage before. It was never done before!!!

This will cover all of the pre-existing conditions that the dumb people have here. Now everyone will be covered for a pre-existing mental condition and your paranoia here. You might even qualify for social security disability and SSI benefits.
    Last edited by PickOranges; July 18th, 2010 at 07:36 AM.

Show me like they say in Montana..

Explain to me what you could of done better.. and you know.. You have hindsight now.. But even with that you would not have a damn clue..
    Got enough of a clue to know Missouri is the Show me state.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can call it bail outs, loans etc it doesn't matter.. In my book, it is called saving jobs and stabilizing the economy.. That is it..
    have the auto companies who took the money paid it back in full yet? Completely..

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    have the auto companies who took the money paid it back in full yet? Completely..
    Did you pay off your house in 18 months? Completely?

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    Got enough of a clue to know Missouri is the Show me state.
    6 1/2 more years. He most likely will take Missouri and Montana.

Did you pay off your house in 18 months? Completely?
    I'm sure tony didn't. But I'm sure tony has never spent more money than he has... Or had to beg for 60 billion dollars because he paid his workers to much and failed to change his business model with the current time...

So why did GM need money and fors didn't?

How do you think ford feels? They did the right thing asked for nothing from DC and are better off then they have been in years! GM... Not so much!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information